Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

10 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I miss those days when you could just flip the hood open and everything is right there. Looking good man!

that was the only good thing about those sleds compared to today,  i'll take having to take them apart to work on with the ride and seating position of todays sleds all day long even though i was swearing the other day trying to do something as simple as changing the lightbulbs on my freeride because my hands didn't want to fit in there.    

Just dropped a set of the PIAA Powersports in my sled.  I don't ride at night...on purpose but these show a bit brighter through the trees on the corners in the daylight and look a lot better than the shitty yellow stock ones.  I didn't want to fuck with the LED's and these are a nice plug and play upgrade.  Kinda spendy but they are reported to hold up much better than the silverstars.

Image result for piaa powersports h4

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just dropped a set of the PIAA Powersports in my sled.  I don't ride at night...on purpose but these show a bit brighter through the trees on the corners in the daylight and look a lot better than the shitty yellow stock ones.  I didn't want to fuck with the LED's and these are a nice plug and play upgrade.  Kinda spendy but they are reported to hold up much better than the silverstars.

thumb.jpg

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I miss those days when you could just flip the hood open and everything is right there.

Looking good man!

Yea these things are a piece of cake to work on.  My sons XP isn't as bad as some things are on the XS chassis.  Just takes a little more time to do simple stuff and it gets frustrating at times when you think about working on older sleds and how simple it was.

Thanks man.  :bc:  She's cleaned up pretty good from when I got her home.  She was pretty dirty under the hood. Had lots of oil both new and from the exhaust down in the bottom of the belly.  I found the oil cap o-ring down in the bottom of underneath the engine after I too the exhaust off.  Whoever put the exhaust on last time didn't use much RTV on it.  All kinds of black dirty oil residue. Plus the RAVE vales were both dirty and gummed up.  They were probably never cleaned before. I soaked them in mineral spirits for about 20 hours then cleaned them up with a tiny brass wire brush. Should be good to go now.   I used 2 cans of gunk engine degreasers and a power washer with hot water.  There was so much oil in the belly (probably ol chaincase oil too)  , there was still residue in some spots that didnt rinse off. Simple Green in a spray bottle is taking care of that. 

I wish I could find a NOS (or damn close to mint)  belly pan for this sled.   I'd strip it down to the tunnel and go town on it over the summer if I could find one.   No such luck yet :wall:

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

looks great Jay :bc:

you're still a faggot though.  

Thanks Faggot  :finger:

:bc::fuckyou:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

that was the only good thing about those sleds compared to today,  i'll take having to take them apart to work on with the ride and seating position of todays sleds all day long even though i was swearing the other day trying to do something as simple as changing the lightbulbs on my freeride because my hands didn't want to fit in there.    

What bulbs did you go with?  Want to put some way brighter bulbs in my XRS and the kids TNT but not sure which ones I should get :dunno:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

You can see how dirty the bottom of the belly pan was down by the chaincase from the missing oil cap o ring and exhaust not having a good bead of RTV to seal it up 

9460.jpeg.fca416e07a2c31320999d92709b89bac.jpeg

Not anymore

IMG_20171201_210736456.thumb.jpg.b7535723c924e709584c70250ea9787b.jpg

I forgot to take a before picture with the exhaust and chaincase out of the way. It was all brown and black down there.  You couldn't see yellow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You can see how dirty the bottom of the belly pan was down by the chaincase from the missing oil cap o ring and exhaust not having a good bead of RTV to seal it up 

9460.jpeg.fca416e07a2c31320999d92709b89bac.jpeg

Not anymore

IMG_20171201_210736456.thumb.jpg.b7535723c924e709584c70250ea9787b.jpg

I forgot to take a before picture with the exhaust and chaincase out of the way. It was all brown and black down there.  You couldn't see yellow. 

I see I'm not the only one who gets the bottoms cleaned with brake clean and elbow grease :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

One of the best sleds Doo has ever built.:thumbsup:

Agreed, but there needs a little more room under the hood to fit the 670 twin pipes.  I stuffed a set in one and had to cut a vent out of the hood and still melted the plastic support between the shock towers.  Ended up parting that one out because of it.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

i put in the same

3 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Yea these things are a piece of cake to work on.  My sons XP isn't as bad as some things are on the XS chassis.  Just takes a little more time to do simple stuff and it gets frustrating at times when you think about working on older sleds and how simple it was.

Thanks man.  :bc:  She's cleaned up pretty good from when I got her home.  She was pretty dirty under the hood. Had lots of oil both new and from the exhaust down in the bottom of the belly.  I found the oil cap o-ring down in the bottom of underneath the engine after I too the exhaust off.  Whoever put the exhaust on last time didn't use much RTV on it.  All kinds of black dirty oil residue. Plus the RAVE vales were both dirty and gummed up.  They were probably never cleaned before. I soaked them in mineral spirits for about 20 hours then cleaned them up with a tiny brass wire brush. Should be good to go now.   I used 2 cans of gunk engine degreasers and a power washer with hot water.  There was so much oil in the belly (probably ol chaincase oil too)  , there was still residue in some spots that didnt rinse off. Simple Green in a spray bottle is taking care of that. 

I wish I could find a NOS (or damn close to mint)  belly pan for this sled.   I'd strip it down to the tunnel and go town on it over the summer if I could find one.   No such luck yet :wall:

Thanks Faggot  :finger:

:bc::fuckyou:

What bulbs did you go with?  Want to put some way brighter bulbs in my XRS and the kids TNT but not sure which ones I should get :dunno:

same as above, perms ran them in a few of his and he's picky so fiugred it was a bit better.  was between those and silversta ultras which made a huge difference in the explorer.  

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

2009 M8 homie!

IMG_0714.thumb.JPG.ba051b24295ea86f03eca2e4265cbc6f.JPG

Sweet muff pot.  I keep saying I wanna mount one of those up.  Hot smokies trailside ftw :bc: 

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Our buddy Big Perm swears by them.  However Polaris LED ftw :snack: 

3 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Looks good 800 dragon in hiding!!!!1111

:bc: 

:lol: stop teasing Machzcocksnotguzzler :lmao:

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

One of the best sleds Doo has ever built.:thumbsup:

Yep it is. :bc: It's a shame they only made them 1 year and didn't put that engine in the ZX chassis :flush:

17 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I see I'm not the only one who gets the bottoms cleaned with brake clean and elbow grease :thumbsup:

Agreed, but there needs a little more room under the hood to fit the 670 twin pipes.  I stuffed a set in one and had to cut a vent out of the hood and still melted the plastic support between the shock towers.  Ended up parting that one out because of it.

I didn't use any brake parts cleaner.  I was concerned about it melting the plastic.  All I used was Gunk engine degreaser, power washer with hot water and Simple Green. 

I wish I could find a set of twin pipes for this sled.  Would be sweet.   

You ever run across a mint or NOS belly pan that'll fit my 670HO let me know.   I'm seriously looking for one.  Want to tear it down to the bare tunnel and start powder coating and detailing the hell out of it.  Unfortunately, finding one is like trying to win the lottery.  Probably easier to win the Big Game jackpot. 

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i put in the same

same as above, perms ran them in a few of his and he's picky so fiugred it was a bit better.  was between those and silversta ultras which made a huge difference in the explorer.  

Is the one I need for both sled H4 ? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:lol: stop teasing Machzcocksnotguzzler :lmao:

Yep it is. :bc: It's a shame they only made them 1 year and didn't put that engine in the ZX chassis :flush:

I didn't use any brake parts cleaner.  I was concerned about it melting the plastic.  All I used was Gunk engine degreaser, power washer with hot water and Simple Green. 

I wish I could find a set of twin pipes for this sled.  Would be sweet.   

You ever run across a mint or NOS belly pan that'll fit my 670HO let me know.   I'm seriously looking for one.  Want to tear it down to the bare tunnel and start powder coating and detailing the hell out of it.  Unfortunately, finding one is like trying to win the lottery.  Probably easier to win the Big Game jackpot. 

Is the one I need for both sled H4 ? :dunno:

yes $66 on amazon,  SMH i paid 70 the other night for mine

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D5J0AK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1