Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

so just started tearing in the the new summit .

got some parts 

Zbroz brace kit is the first to go in 

well when I picked up sled at dealer first thing I noticed werer carbides still zip tied to running boards I thought well that is odd they prob just figure this early guys dont want them tearing up there floor or some shit . then they hand me my packet of paper work and shit that should clip on to belt guard still in bag . again no big deal but part of basic set up .

then I ask service manager what elevation clutching is in it? he has no fucking idea looks in  computer then asks me where I told sales guy where I was going to ride it then said well then that is what it is clutched for. then I asked service manager if he knew the altitude for the flat tops out of Craig he looked at me with a blank stair . so then I said ok I guess I will figure it out my self on this toy I just transferred 13 k to you guys for .

then I ask him are we sure clutches were aliened after new motor mount service update was done . service manager says Oh I would not worry about that. so I say as in yes they always align clutches after messing with motor mounts or just dont worry it will all be fine . he says Oh they aliened them . I say ok  .

well tonight I start tearing in to this thing . 

clamp on air box connection was not even remotely tight  like a solid 1/4 inch of slack 

then 1 spring on y pipe not on it 

Now I have ZERO faith that clutches were aliened or that they even bothered to put lock tight on motor mounts or if they even put a fucking wrench on them .

I sure shit wont bring it to them to go over it .

my ocd will not let me just let this shit buck so now I am buying all the fucking skidoo aliment bars.planning on at least 4 hours more of dick fucking around because a dealer cant do basic fucking service for there toys they sell . fuck 95% of ski doo riders would never even know there air box connection was not made   and would be sucking powder all fucking day trying to figure out why there new 850 was bogging all day 

this is not some podunk dealer Moon Motors big dealer shit loads of inventory at least 5 brands 

shit just pisses me off  

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

got some parts 

well when I picked up sled at dealer first thing I noticed werer carbides still zip tied to running boards I thought well that is odd they prob just figure this early guys dont want them tearing up there floor or some shit . then they hand me my packet of paper work and shit that should clip on to belt guard still in bag . again no big deal but part of basic set up .

then I ask service manager what elevation clutching is in it? he has no fucking idea looks in  computer then asks me where I told sales guy where I was going to ride it then said well then that is what it is clutched for. then I asked service manager if he knew the altitude for the flat tops out of Craig he looked at me with a blank stair . so then I said ok I guess I will figure it out my self on this toy I just transferred 13 k to you guys for .

then I ask him are we sure clutches were aliened after new motor mount service update was done . service manager says Oh I would not worry about that. so I say as in yes they always align clutches after messing with motor mounts or just dont worry it will all be fine . he says Oh they aliened them . I say ok  .

clamp on air box connection was not even remotely tight  like a solid 1/4 inch of slack 

Now I have ZERO faith that clutches were aliened or that they even bothered to put lock tight on motor mounts or if they even put a fucking wrench on them .

my ocd will not let me just let this shit buck so now I am buying all the fucking skidoo aliment bars.planning on at least 4 hours more of dick fucking around because a dealer cant do basic fucking service for there toys they sell . fuck 95% of ski doo riders would never even know there air box connection was not made   and would be sucking powder all fucking day trying to figure out why there new 850 was bogging all day 

this is not some podunk dealer Moon Motors big dealer shit loads of inventory at least 5 brands 

shit just pisses me off  

I wouldnt let the average dealer change my carbides let alone rely on them for anything more difficult 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

got some parts 

shit just pisses me off  

My Doo riding friends sweat by Centre Sports.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

My Doo riding friends sweat by Centre Sports.

Thats cause most doo riders are more concerned with their linq shit than if there sled is put together right 

Just now, f7ben said:

Thats cause most doo riders are more concerned with their linq shit than if there sled is put together right 

900 Turbo Campaign 
Campaign no.: 2019–0002
October 17, 2018 Subject:Turbocharger Oil Return Hose Clamp Not
Crimped
No. 2019-2 You can pull the clutch and see if the clamp has been crimped if not you have to install a gear clamp on the oil line. BRP gives .3 hours to inspect or 1.1 hours to install the gear clamp.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wouldnt let the average dealer change my carbides let alone rely on them for anything more difficult 

I here you but one would think basic fucking set up and updated could get done and at least get all the original parts back together . fucking ass hats 

I really should have just asked them to load the crate in my truck like all my cats .  

Just now, Blizzman said:

900 Turbo Campaign 
Campaign no.: 2019–0002
October 17, 2018 Subject:Turbocharger Oil Return Hose Clamp Not
Crimped
No. 2019-2 You can pull the clutch and see if the clamp has been crimped if not you have to install a gear clamp on the oil line. BRP gives .3 hours to inspect or 1.1 hours to install the gear clamp.

Yah saw that.......would have been bad if it hadnt been caught......kiss the entire engine assembly away if that turbo fails under load.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think I'm to the point where I just want to ride instead of change stuff around or fix shit every weekend.  

• Like 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Liberal arts professors that wear turtle necks and scarfs whilst protesting on the corner of Snelling and Summit.  

pretty much.

lol my mom has owned a big old duplex 2 blocks up from snelling on summit for like 25yrs . always some pencil dick professor renting the upper unit . her neighbor teaches union negotiation at the U  

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I think I'm to the point where I just want to ride instead of change stuff around or fix shit every weekend.  

I am to but they all build just shit so you dont have a choice . I knew buying the doo I would have at least 10 hrs of braces and bumpers and stiffeners etc . but did not plan on anything else until tonight 

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I here you but one would think basic fucking set up and updated could get done and at least get all the original parts back together . fucking ass hats 

I really should have just asked them to load the crate in my truck like all my cats .  

You must be new to sledding and/or apparently new to skidoo.  Lol.

It’s been covered soooo many times next door but, if you depend on a dealer for every bit of your motorsports questions/needs/advice, well....good luck with all that!!!  It’s the “Tool Kits” of the sledding world that heard “don’t worry about that....we set it up JUST FOR YOUR RIDING SKILZ.” and he just said “OKEY DOKEY....JEE WILLIKERS....THANKS!!!!”  The fucking retard.

I don’t care if my sleds come from the crate, a dealer set up PDI, or race team.  I’m going through it all with a fine toothed flashlight, magnifying glass and torque wrench.  Funny thing is, this last sled from a race team was set up properly, potently and neatly.  I was actually a bit surprised.  They must be as anal as I am.  It only had two “goofs” that we’re reasonable.  I was actually very impressed!  

Kinda sad really that when anyone buys a new sled, of any brand, they should have to be a mechanical wizard, to figure out of the POS is put together properly, or not. Sleds have to be the worst POS toys as far as factory and dealer quality control goes.

Between poor factory quality control, and cheap ass dealers having 10 dollar an hour labor putting their sleds together, it,s no wonder sledding is going down the shitter.

From looking around at all my friends and people I know, I would guess maybe 10 % have a basic clue about anything mechanical. Most know just enough to get themselves in trouble, which turns small problems into bigger, more expensive issues. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Kinda sad really that when anyone buys a new sled, of any brand, they should have to be a mechanical wizard, to figure out of the POS is put together properly, or not. Sleds have to be the worst POS toys as far as factory and dealer quality control goes.

Between poor factory quality control, and cheap ass dealers having 10 dollar an hour labor putting their sleds together, it,s no wonder sledding is going down the shitter.

From looking around at all my friends and people I know, I would guess maybe 10 % have a basic clue about anything mechanical. Most know just enough to get themselves in trouble, which turns small problems into bigger, more expensive issues. 

Agree 100%....15,000 dollar sled and you have to tear it down to make sure it's right. The best part is that the dealers around here charge an outrageous hourly rate for service.

17 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

got some parts 

shit just pisses me off  

Aligned. Smh

47 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Aligned. Smh

well spelled correct or not after a quick visual inspection I can tell you 100% they are not in fact bit surprised it was not squealing when I started it in the parking lot .

in the middle of installing Zbroz brace kit in the gen 4 

ok kit I guess. think I am going to buy the grip and rip a arm washer that connect the 2 inner bolts together looks sort of mandatory. 

otherwise zbroz looks ok. it joins outter braces with inner braces with a,few rivets any way as you can see in picks .bit chincy that they did not adjust tooling from 17 to the updated 18/19 with the bolted brace in place but what ever . some of the rivets i went with a better stainless river than the steel ones they sent with . unfortunately no room for the air rivet gun on most so all by hand and the stainless ones were a bitch holding up the a arm with my knee to get gun in there then trying to pop them off with no leverage. 

the ones that come with kit are a full pull and a part pull ez pop . 

now the alloy brace/skid plate .

thought I would post incase any one is thinking about this kit or grip and rip no real reviews on the gen 4 brace  shit out there 

20181028_145523.jpg

20181028_145540.jpg

20181028_145549.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

in the middle of installing Zbroz brace kit in the gen 4 

ok kit I guess. think I am going to buy the grip and rip a arm washer that connect the 2 inner bolts together looks sort of mandatory. 

otherwise zbroz looks ok. it joins outter braces with inner braces with a,few rivets any way as you can see in picks .bit chincy that they did not adjust tooling from 17 to the updated 18/19 with the bolted brace in place but what ever . some of the rivets i went with a better stainless river than the steel ones they sent with . unfortunately no room for the air rivet gun on most so all by hand and the stainless ones were a bitch holding up the a arm with my knee to get gun in there then trying to pop them off with no leverage. 

the ones that come with kit are a full pull and a part pull ez pop . 

now the alloy brace/skid plate .

thought I would post incase any one is thinking about this kit or grip and rip no real reviews on the gen 4 brace  shit out there 

20181028_145523.jpg

20181028_145540.jpg

20181028_145549.jpg

Stop kidding yourself.  You know damn well you are gonna bend that shit up like a wire hanger on your first trip!  :lol2:

On 10/26/2018 at 9:05 AM, Fireball 440 said:

In the garage playing with my 6 and 5.0 today.

IMG_3442.JPG

Like the wrap.  But lose that big fucking fly screen.  Ewwww.