Check your account email address ×

Michigan diner owner who defied state shutdown dies of COVID-19

Michigan diner owner who defied state shutdown dies of COVID-19

BRANCH COUNTY, MI – A diner owner who kept his restaurant open in defiance of state shutdowns has died after more than a two-month battle with COVID-19. 

John Parney Sr., 62, died Dec. 14. He owned the Quincy Diner, 174 E. Chicago St. (U.S. 12) in the village of Quincy. He kept the restaurant open in December 2020, in violation of the partial shutdown ordered by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. 

(Snip) 

Parney was first hospitalized for three days Sept. 29. Two days after his discharge, his family found him incoherent and confused and took him back to the hospital, according to a GoFundMe raising funds for his family. 

He had not been vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to his illness, according to the GoFundMe post, but told his family he planned to get vaccinated after his discharge from the hospital, because the virus was worse than even the toughest military training he endured. 

More: 
https://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/2021/12/michigan-diner-owner-who-defied-state-shutdown-dies-of-covid-19.html 

Well, he owned those libs.

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

you sound happy about it.  it speaks volumes about the average liberal's mindset.

Next rung on his ladder of winning is to comb thru the obituaries looking for more material like this

• Like 2

• Gold Member

You are one sick SOB Mainecat.  Celebrating someone's death like he deserved it.  Did you read the article?  Did it give his political stance?  No - it didn't - but he had to keep his diner open to be able help pay for his wife's cancer treatments and not loose the business.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Typical responses from the right idiots here. Not a peep about other posts.

The guy was a idiot and no one deserves to die.

**YOUR such a hack.  You take the time to (Snip) from the article, but you don't include one of the key elements.  Here, let me include it for you:

“My wife’s fighting stage-four colon cancer,” Pareny said in December 2020. “We depend on this restaurant to help subsidize billing and all of that. My employees need that. Of course, if I’d have stayed closed much longer, I’d have lost the business.”

But go ahead and celebrate the guy dying, DICK

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Gold Member

Why - what did he do to anyone to deserve being called an idiot you sick SOB?  I don't know you or him - but I would stand with him based on the little I read in that article - it is because of people like him that you can have the freedom to come on here and celebrate his death for no reason other than you saw a headline.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Why - what did he do to anyone to deserve being called an idiot you sick SOB?  I don't know you or him - but I would stand with him based on the little I read in that article - it is because of people like him that you can have the freedom to come on here and celebrate his death for no reason other than you saw a headline.

Nailed it.  :bc:

46 minutes ago, Bontz said:

**YOUR such a hack.  You take the time to (Snip) from the article, but you don't include one of the key elements.  Here, let me include it for you:

“My wife’s fighting stage-four colon cancer,” Pareny said in December 2020. “We depend on this restaurant to help subsidize billing and all of that. My employees need that. Of course, if I’d have stayed closed much longer, I’d have lost the business.”

But go ahead and celebrate the guy dying, DICK

More the reason to be vaxxed. The stupid fucks wife is heavily compromised.

Idiot

Edited by Mainecat

46 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

He owned a fuckin restaurant for christs sake. He was connected with literally hundreds of people every day and didn’t care he or his ill wife were compromised.

His decision was to gamble with his life. He lost because of bad decisions.

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He was connected with literally hundreds of people every day and didn’t care he or his ill wife were compromised.

Apparently you conveniently ignore the daily news.  Being vaccinated doesn't stop you from getting Covid 19 nor stop you from transmitting it.  Being vaccinated may have kept him alive - but that isn't guaranteed either.  This vaccination isn't much more than a therapeutic to help when you get Covid 19.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Apparently you conveniently ignore the daily news.  Being vaccinated doesn't stop you from getting Covid 19 nor stop you from transmitting it.  Being vaccinated may have kept him alive - but that isn't guaranteed either.  This vaccination isn't much more than a therapeutic to help when you get Covid 19.

Apparently you are clueless. It was never intended to stop he virus. Therapeutic….not much more? Lol

Masks and social distancing reduce the risk of transmitting Covid., something the guy refused to do in a restaurant environment.

lol

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Apparently you are clueless. It was never intended to stop he virus. Therapeutic….not much more? Lol

Masks and social distancing reduce the risk of transmitting Covid., something the guy refused to do in a restaurant environment.

lol

:lol:

Clearly, you are the one that is clueless.  We all know this…you are the only one holding out in this fact.

”IT wAZ nEVer InteNdeD to Be a VaXyne!!!”

:lmao:

Squid brain.