Check your account email address ×

New Mock C dyno at dynotech

Rod

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

How do these compare in price to a sidewinder?

still a 538lb tank but 113lbs less that the yammi cats . 

But the yammi cat is 4 grand less . So really pound for pound you get more sled for the money with the yammi cat  at 25 bucks a pound compared to the doo at 37 bucks per lb .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

But the yammi cat is 4 grand less . So really pound for pound you get more sled for the money with the yammi cat  at 25 bucks a pound compared to the doo at 37 bucks per lb .

Bucks per lb. They should price all new sleds that way. 

Plus the 998 can take much more HP, yes?

3 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Bucks per lb. They should price all new sleds that way. 

Plus the 998 can take much more HP, yes?

Still not as much as the old zuk with out tossing a lot of cash at it first . But yeah the yammy 3 hole can deff take more boost than the doo 

47 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Still not as much as the old zuk with out tossing a lot of cash at it first . But yeah the yammy 3 hole can deff take more boost than the doo 

if doo brings out 900t R option for 2023 utility sleds sleds with 180 HP tuned setup, its gonna sell real good. 

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

So once you add all the aftermarket bracing to the doo to keep it from folding in half they will weigh pretty much the same. :lol:

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I priced both and IIRC a T cat was about $1500 less at most. Both were under retail. 

The thing about the Ski Doo turbo is you have to ride one to understand why its so good.  If you like to pound trails fairly aggressively, its a lot easier to muscle around than a big Yam or Cat turbo.  I'd imagine the 3 cyl. Yam motor will walk it on top end, stock at least.  But if you are going to do a 250 mile day, I'll take the Ski Doo thanks.  The weight savings is noticeable.   I ran a 12 XF1100 turbo for a couple years, and a 19 Renegade turbo for almost 2 seasons as well.  Loved that little turbo.  With more hp, its only going to be better.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

I priced both and IIRC a T cat was about $1500 less at most. Both were under retail. 

Thought Msrp on a sidewinder srx was   like 16900 ? But really  Who cares  heavy tanks unless buying to go 660 at a time zero interst 

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So once you add all the aftermarket bracing to the doo to keep it from folding in half they will weigh pretty much the same. :lol:

Pretty much but you don't feel as whimsical I think is the PC word on the yammaha/cat 

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The thing about the Ski Doo turbo is you have to ride one to understand why its so good.  If you like to pound trails fairly aggressively, its a lot easier to muscle around than a big Yam or Cat turbo.  I'd imagine the 3 cyl. Yam motor will walk it on top end, stock at least.  But if you are going to do a 250 mile day, I'll take the Ski Doo thanks.  The weight savings is noticeable.   I ran a 12 XF1100 turbo for a couple years, and a 19 Renegade turbo for almost 2 seasons as well.  Loved that little turbo.  With more hp, its only going to be better.

Drove a 900T renegade and couldn’t get back on my 2020 RR fast enough. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Thought Msrp on a sidewinder srx was   like 16900 ? But really  Who cares  heavy tanks unless buying to go 660 at a time zero interst 

Winder is a nice trail sled too.  Handle as good or better than a 900 T and WAY faster, and better on fuel 

hopefully the mock C fixes the issues that the 900T had. Could be a winner 

Setup is everything.  Hear it all the time.  Took a test ride on a buddies sled and it sucked.  Which means buddies sled was either setup for him or more likely than not setup by the dealer which often times is terrible or worse then a rider that has zero clue how to setup the suspension on a sled.

I would have had no issues buying a Winder and my dealer offered one for a day for an extended test ride but after making multiple adjustments there was no way to eliminate how nose heavy and unbalanced the thing is compared to the G4.  Maybe power steering will help give it a lighter feeling up front but beyond handling the drive train is a weak point and overall it's just not as reliable.  The engine is excellent though as it should be.

• Like 1

My RR out handles both the winder and 900T quite noticeably. When I first got on them I liked it but once we got into the rough twisties I instantly wanted my RR 800 back 

900 T has nice build quality but that awful throttle made me hate things about it 

I’d take a winder over a 900T any day. If you’re gonna have a 4 stroke you might as well have power.  And you avoid that hideous throttle I hope they have fixed now 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

300HP with no headers, turbo upgrade or internals.   325+ with headers. 

I think the Doo can take decent boost but the stock turbo is relatively small. 

From experience I can tell you this, the Doo puts the power to the snow very efficiently in 600 ft.   Very efficiently. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, ACE said:

900 T has nice build quality but that awful throttle made me hate things about it 

They added a cable so it feels like pulling on a cable again.  Basically added more resistance and a "cable feeling" for riders that would never buy the sled anyway. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

It was really a simple decision to make this sled and didn't take much engineering at all.   Chassis was done.   Engine/Turbo was done.   Electronic adjusting suspension was coming out on other sleds anyway.   This was basically reaching into the box of parts already available.   I just don't see the reasoning behind it being one year only. 

Edited by Highmark

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It was really a simple decision to make this sled and didn't take much engineering at all.   Chassis was done.   Engine/Turbo was done.   Electronic adjusting suspension was coming out on other sleds anyway.   This was basically reaching into the box of parts already available.   I just don't see the reasoning behind it being one year only. 

Reasons ez to figure out . They can charge more for a limited build.  And if it is a hit they can just say oh it was so popular we brought it back . If it is a rolling grenade with a bad rep it just fades away 

• Like 1