Check your account email address ×

New Cat 800

Rw06GT

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Well, I think Cat had first EFI, and batteryless EFI too.

And that whole slide rail suspension thing.

Maybe so, but like Dave said they were still less efficient than the carbed doos. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Tell you what... Sure was nice when you only needed to fill up every other stop while riding with your cat buddies... :lol:

You should pinch the flipper harder.  Mine did get better gas mileage but not that much where I would skip a fill up chance.  Now oil....yeah....it sipped it.  But I didn't care about any of that.

PERFORMANCE!  

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Of course you do. We are talking about who introduced what first here bonehead. 

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Maybe so, but like Dave said they were still less efficient than the carbed doos. 

Wait, WTF are we talking about here?

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

a arms  u know those things poo and doo guys told me were no better than the trailing arms for over a decade

• Platinum Contributing Member

850, 800, Direct Injection....blah, blah,blah......all this big talk doesn't amount to doodly squat without any fucking snow!:smack:

Edited by Biggie Smails

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

What people are missing about this new Axys chassis sled is its overwhelming response to body english and positioning. If you sit back on the seat just 6" the sled will lift the skis at will .....if you sit forward on the sled it is impossible to lift a ski. This is the single biggest advance in sled technology since rider forward and people who havent ridden one are missing out. The axys chassis may be as large of an advance as the rev chassis was. Its that good. The ergos on this sled are second to none .....the ease of movement on the sled etc etc. Its better than anything I have ridden. Now I have not ridden the new G4 but I sat on it and while its good its not Axys good. The cat and yamaha are miles behind here. Also the r-motion is a great trail suspension but it does not offer the same transfer and response to body positioning the the Axys does.

You just described a 13 year old F7

1 hour ago, Anler said:

what are u a fucking Prius driver. I have never bought a toy biased on if it was fuel efficient. always on power  and cat usually won in that dept and had better suspension and had no carbs to drain  

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I wish they would bring back the XF 700 . Mine has like 12 k on it  and I'm thinking about replacing it. Fucker burns some oil, maybe that's why it has never been apart.:pc:

I loved that sled. 2nd best 2stroke ever put in a sled red head 3 cyl being 1st . also that crossfire sure started a trend

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I loved that sled. 2nd best 2stroke ever put in a sled red head 3 cyl being 1st . also that crossfire sure started a trend

Road my red head for a few hours over the weekend. It wasn't liking the warm humid weather,but still pulled strong.

19 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You just described a 13 year old F7

not even remotely close .....you could take the transfer blocks out of an f7 and it wouldnt transfer as much weight as an axys and you could crank them up all the way and loosen the fts and an f7 would not stay as planted as an axys with just a small weight shift. Its absurd that you think I would rave about something that was not so dramatic.

To get a standard skid to transfer weight well there are compromises made elsewhere and to get one to plant the front means sacrificing as well. That is not the case with the poo

20 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I wish they would bring back the XF 700 . Mine has like 12 k on it  and I'm thinking about replacing it. Fucker burns some oil, maybe that's why it has never been apart.:pc:

I loved that chassis after I added a mountain seat .....but its downfall was the performance killing diamond drive. They fucked a whole generation of sleds with that abortion

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

..but its downfall was the performance killing diamond drive. They fucked a whole generation of sleds with that abortion

I disagree . the 07 08 DD with reverse was shit . the 04 to 06 DD was a great drive a 5 pinion ever 4 000 mi so what 180 bucks every 3 yrs ?the 9 to 11 was also good for the duration if u but a better bearing in the top. for a deep snow sled it was a great system kept all the mass low in the chassis. hell I would rather had a DD in my 14 than the 1/2 ass chain case in it now .  

like I said the first 3 yrs drives were actually built by bdx I think after that I think they cat just paid a per unit cat manufactured  fee to bdx

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I loved that chassis after I added a mountain seat .....but its downfall was the performance killing diamond drive. They fucked a whole generation of sleds with that abortion

Thats anothing they invemted that didnt make a sled better.

Edited by Dave