Check your account email address ×

New Cat 800

Rw06GT

Couple points since I seem to be the only one running a sidewinder besides Moe.

The tank is 8.9 but will take ten if you burp it.

I'm averaging 13-15 mpg running trails after the first couple tanks were around 10.  Only around 650-700 miles so far. That is with an Evo tune running about 250 HP.  No blown belts but a couple rollers have flat spots so new ones going in next time I head north. :bc:

On 1/24/2017 at 7:32 PM, Biggie Smails said:

850, 800, Direct Injection....blah, blah,blah......all this big talk doesn't amount to doodly squat without any fucking snow!:smack:

got to go chase the snow.  I haven't ridden within an hour of my house in 12 years and within 3 hours in 5-6 even in winters there is snow here.   

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

got to go chase the snow.  I haven't ridden within an hour of my house in 12 years and within 3 hours in 5-6 even in winters there is snow here.   

Fuck that.

On 1/24/2017 at 9:46 PM, f7ben said:

Only 750 of those are mine but I'm hoping for another 750 this year

I'm looking at being somewhere around 1700 by the end of this weekend,  one of my better starts to a season in awhile and with no aau ball for my son in march i should get well north of 3k 

On 1/24/2017 at 10:16 PM, DriftBusta said:

My old man used to have a saying......"why are you taking it apart?  to see why it runs so good?" :lol:  :bc: 

once the hood goes up it never goes back down.  Stock FTW

in thousand of miles of quebec riding i have seen them running radar once in a common spot,  otherwise everyone just rides at their own pace and in lots of areas on the rail beds and power lines 70 is slow.  I will say in 240 miles saturday in QC we got reg checked twice,  the clubs were looking to make some bank if you didn't have a pass with the trailside buy penalty. i really have no issues with that been stopped twice in Jackman this year for the reg check as well for the first time in probably 15k miles of riding up in maine 

18 hours ago, Mainecat said:

70 is dam fast even in Quebec where the speed limit is lower and in most places and enforced.

r   

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

Fuck that.

it's all good,  great getaway I'll be up for my 5th weekend tomorrow.   shortest ride within the crew is 2 1/2 hours,  i am 3 1/2 and the woolies are about 5.  outside the CT boys we all have trails within 15 minutes of our houses just prefer to ride up north.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's all good,  great getaway I'll be up for my 5th weekend tomorrow.   shortest ride within the crew is 2 1/2 hours,  i am 3 1/2 and the woolies are about 5.  outside the CT boys we all have trails within 15 minutes of our houses just prefer to ride up north.  

Must be the Jackman hoes... :lol:

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

no he is not  he may be talking tough but I ride with guys who have owned dealerships and let cat come get there signs . U don't take there shit with there shit floor plan terms u are no longer a dealer . they really screwed a lot of small guys over the last 10 yrs .

just saw the cat story on local news. weird part they show picks of atv fine then start talking snowmobile and only show the snowbike ridding no sleds.

they bought them cheep hope they don't fuck them up like the golf stuff they screwed in recent past    

He's not talking tough, after a few years of getting stuck with stuff that didn't sell he said fuck it my order is my order, his advantage is he has a world class store in big snow country that has a great service department.

Location, location and not being afraid to litigate is huge.

1 hour ago, Rw06GT said:

Couple points since I seem to be the only one running a sidewinder besides Moe.

The tank is 8.9 but will take ten if you burp it.

I'm averaging 13-15 mpg running trails after the first couple tanks were around 10.  Only around 650-700 miles so far. That is with an Evo tune running about 250 HP.  No blown belts but a couple rollers have flat spots so new ones going in next time I head north. :bc:

I like that, is your sled a 129 or a 137?

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm looking at being somewhere around 1700 by the end of this weekend,  one of my better starts to a season in awhile and with no aau ball for my son in march i should get well north of 3k 

once the hood goes up it never goes back down.  Stock FTW

in thousand of miles of quebec riding i have seen them running radar once in a common spot,  otherwise everyone just rides at their own pace and in lots of areas on the rail beds and power lines 70 is slow.  I will say in 240 miles saturday in QC we got reg checked twice,  the clubs were looking to make some bank if you didn't have a pass with the trailside buy penalty. i really have no issues with that been stopped twice in Jackman this year for the reg check as well for the first time in probably 15k miles of riding up in maine 

r   

I've never seen radar in QC, I saw radar once in Ontario just west of Timmins on a Saturday, although the OPP did radar us just south of Chapleau while he was cruising and were riding along Hwy. 129.

BTW, LMAO at these guys who won't trailer, if you love adventure and riding the journey to get where you're going is all part of the fun.

West Yellowstone was my longest trailer at 1500 miles and Baie Comeau was second at 1300 miles :bc: 

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I've never seen radar in QC, I saw radar once in Ontario just west of Timmins on a Saturday, although the OPP did radar us just south of Chapleau while he was cruising and were riding along Hwy. 129.

BTW, LMAO at these guys who won't trailer, if you love adventure and riding the journey to get where you're going is all part of the fun.

West Yellowstone was my longest trailer at 1500 miles and Baie Comeau was second at 1300 miles :bc: 

If im gonna trailer anywhere in the winter...its gonna be down south with the rv.

49 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

i've gone to mt valin for just a long weekend several times.  thats about 550 miles for me.  

36 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i've gone to mt valin for just a long weekend several times.  thats about 550 miles for me.  

When I lived in Niagara Falls we use to trailer to Cochrane every weekend in the early season...800+kms one way.

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Riding the same stuff would get boring anyway. Different scenery, differnt/better conditions, different cultures, etc... Thats what keeps it fun...

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

Riding the same stuff would get boring anyway. Different scenery, differnt/better conditions, different cultures, etc... Thats what keeps it fun...

Im more into the social part...riding from one warm up shack to another.....last night it was like going to 5 different parties in one night. :lol:

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Im more into the social part...riding from one warm up shack to another.....last night it was like going to 5 different parties in one night. :lol:

Its all cool... :bc:

• Like 1