Check your account email address ×

New Cat 800

Rw06GT

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

but the school of hard knocks most of us learned at is still a great institution

well exactly. :bc:   Its a long story, but has to do with my brother, who's an anti maintenance guru these days.  Sal Rosenburg knows who I mean. :lol:  He used to take shit apart just to see how it worked.  It didn't always go back together the same way it came apart :lol: 

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

well exactly. :bc:   Its a long story, but has to do with my brother, who's an anti maintenance guru these days.  Sal Rosenburg knows who I mean. :lol:  He used to take shit apart just to see how it worked.  It didn't always go back together the same way it came apart :lol: 

sometimes it goes back together better  1!!!!!!!!!!1

36 minutes ago, Dave said:

I got just over 60 in today before the cat in our group blew a belt and took out his bellypan....get.some more riding in tomorrow.

bet he was wising they worked that deal with BDX ha .

my 14 was decent but not great needed about 4 hrs of dinking around to get alignment spot on . I only rode it 1 weekend when I bought it so had all summer to play around  

On 1/23/2017 at 10:43 PM, Sal Rosenberg said:

Only issue that I see with a turbo for you Vin is the lack of usable fuel capacity (9.9)  on a quebec trip . Probly a non issue but I would think that motor is gonna get thirsty at high speed , probly ok during the day when plenty of fuel stops are open but at night ??      Other than that it may be the perfect sled for up there .  Maybe you should get the 137 and use the extra tunnel space for a 4.5 gallon Pantera auxillary tank :lol:     I've already thought about how to install one and making it look factory :lol:    :bc:

I don't get the 9.9 tank, but the MPG on the Turbo should be pretty good if you keep it under 70 mph. I would for sure get the 137 and I would do just like I doing on my next trip with my 600 and that is put two Rotopax in a saddlebag and ratchet strap it to the sled.

If you look at my tunnel I have an aluminum rack that holds an Arctic Cat Ogio bag (it's the bomb wheeling your stuff into a hotel at night) that I strap down, then I have the saddlebags that go over the back of the seat.

5262-902_47506.jpg

zr 6000.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I don't get the 9.9 tank, but the MPG on the Turbo should be pretty good if you keep it under 70 mph. I would for sure get the 137 and I would do just like I doing on my next trip with my 600 and that is put two Rotopax in a saddlebag and ratchet strap it to the sled.

If you look at my tunnel I have an aluminum rack that holds an Arctic Cat Ogio bag (it's the bomb wheeling your stuff into a hotel at night) that I strap down, then I have the saddlebags that go over the back of the seat.

5262-902_47506.jpg

zr 6000.jpg

With all the negatives that go along with a turbo....now you're saying keep it below 70 for good gas mileage....isnt the point of having a turbo is to go fast? Youre a riot Vince. :lol:

26 minutes ago, Dave said:

With all the negatives that go along with a turbo....now you're saying keep it below 70 for good gas mileage....isnt the point of having a turbo is to go fast? Youre a riot Vince. :lol:

What negatives besides the Yammies blowing belts?

A Turbo on big wide Northern Ontario, Quebec, and UP trails is going to use less fuel cruising at 70 than a two stroke does

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

A Turbo on big wide Northern Ontario, Quebec, and UP trails is going to use less fuel cruising at 70 than a two stroke does

70 is dam fast even in Quebec where the speed limit is lower and in most places and enforced.

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Not a poo or a doo it wont.

5 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

I see Textron bought Arctic Cat. They used to own Polaris at one time,it will be interesting to see what they do with the company in the coming years. They got the money that's for sure 

They have a rep for buying companies and running then into the ground

15 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

They cant go any lower with Cat...Maybe they are turning over a new leaf this time.

Edited by Dave

48 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Cat probably has something they can use. That way they don't get sued for patent infringement. But who knows. Getting into the motorsports market seems risky these days. 

• Gold Member
22 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Dealers who could sell 20-30 sleds a year suddenly having to take 50-60-75 sleds a year and have a larger floor plan for PG&A or have their franchise pulled.  

When i bought my last sled before calling it quits my dealer i always used had to get me my belt blower through another dealer.  He quit his cat dealership cause to be a dealer he had to buy a few side by sides that he knew he would have to buy for personal use every year cause he wouldnt move them.  He could pedal a few atvs out the door but couldnt get rid of side by side.  He could move shit loads of sleds but that didnt matter to cat as he had to take all the shit he couldnt sell.

good thing he gave up on selling artic cats cause i would have eventually unload that belt blower in the parking lot and if the belt would have held together long enough to go from the parking lot to the window he would have had a used sled sitting in his new sled showroom 

Edited by BOHICA

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

When i bought my last sled before calling it quits my dealer i always used had to get me my belt blower through another dealer.  He quit his cat dealership cause to be a dealer he had to buy a few side by sides that he knew he would have to buy for personal use every year cause he wouldnt move them.  He could pedal a few atvs out the door but couldnt get rid of side by side.  He could move shit loads of sleds but that didnt matter to cat as he had to take all the shit he couldnt sell.

good thing he gave up on selling artic cats cause i would have eventually unload that belt blower in the parking lot and if the belt would have held together long enough to go from the parking lot to the window he would have had a used sled sitting in his new sled showroom 

All the manufactures do that you want 6 hyper sleds you need to take 4 budget entry level kid sleds :news: 

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

My dealer just says no to Cat's demands of filling the showroom with stuff that won't sell.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Who is your dealer?

Bob is my up north guy and RT&T and Neilsen's are my southern dealers, I talked to Bob for about 30 minutes today.

Gotta have friends everywhere :bc:  

Edited by Mileage Psycho

49 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Bob is my up north guy and RT&T and Neilsen's are my southern dealers, I talked to Bob for about 30 minutes today.

Gotta have friends everywhere :bc:  

Is that in case you breakdown?

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My dealer just says no to Cat's demands of filling the showroom with stuff that won't sell.

no he is not  he may be talking tough but I ride with guys who have owned dealerships and let cat come get there signs . U don't take there shit with there shit floor plan terms u are no longer a dealer . they really screwed a lot of small guys over the last 10 yrs .

just saw the cat story on local news. weird part they show picks of atv fine then start talking snowmobile and only show the snowbike ridding no sleds.

they bought them cheep hope they don't fuck them up like the golf stuff they screwed in recent past    

40 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no he is not  he may be talking tough but I ride with guys who have owned dealerships and let cat come get there signs . U don't take there shit with there shit floor plan terms u are no longer a dealer . they really screwed a lot of small guys over the last 10 yrs .

just saw the cat story on local news. weird part they show picks of atv fine then start talking snowmobile and only show the snowbike ridding no sleds.

they bought them cheep hope they don't fuck them up like the golf stuff they screwed in recent past    

I've heard the same story over and over again .  Bout 5 years ago I was talking to the owner of a small little dealer on Moosehead Lake in Greenville Maine who had finally had enough and told them to come get their shit .   The more that old man talked , the more pissed that he got .  About 5 mins into the convo I was hiding on the other side of my sled :lol:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg