Check your account email address ×

New Cat 800

Rw06GT

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I disagree . the 07 08 DD with reverse was shit . the 04 to 06 DD was a great drive a 5 pinion ever 4 000 mi so what 180 bucks every 3 yrs ?the 9 to 11 was also good for the duration if u but a better bearing in the top. for a deep snow sled it was a great system kept all the mass low in the chassis. hell I would rather had a DD in my 14 than the 1/2 ass chain case in it now .  

like I said the first 3 yrs drives were actually built by bdx I think after that I think they cat just paid a per unit cat manufactured  fee to bdx

It worked fine on the M sleds ....it cost the crossfire and the f7 15 mph on the big end and came with a slew of other problems all clutching related

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It worked fine on the M sleds ....it cost the crossfire and the f7 15 mph on the big end and came with a slew of other problems all clutching related

that is why they sold a f6 in the sabercat version so a racer could get his chain case and a grand off the top for being a 600 because u were going to just get them punched out any way.

even when guys moved to the XF on the 660 and 1000 they were breaking world records with a DD .also u could real ez dump all the gears and toss in a small sprocket set and chain if u   really wanted most of pros like Hall and Schultz all were running that system

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

that is why they sold a f6 in the sabercat version so a racer could get his chain case and a grand off the top for being a 600 because u were going to just get them punched out any way.

even when guys moved to the XF on the 660 and 1000 they were breaking world records with a DD .also u could real ez dump all the gears and toss in a small sprocket set and chain if u   really wanted most of pros like Hall and Schultz all were running that system

Why did they drop the great DD design then?

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the issue wasnt running it on ice ....it was running it in varied conditions. My chain 03 f7 would do 115 every day every time on decent snow. My 2005 f7 would do 95-98 most days

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Why did they drop the great DD design then?

they actually went to BDX to renegotiate and did not go that way . I bet over 3/4 of 12/13 cat owners wish they would have kept it .

I wish they still had it in the M

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

What people are missing about this new Axys chassis sled is its overwhelming response to body english and positioning. If you sit back on the seat just 6" the sled will lift the skis at will .....if you sit forward on the sled it is impossible to lift a ski. This is the single biggest advance in sled technology since rider forward and people who havent ridden one are missing out. The axys chassis may be as large of an advance as the rev chassis was. Its that good. The ergos on this sled are second to none .....the ease of movement on the sled etc etc. Its better than anything I have ridden. Now I have not ridden the new G4 but I sat on it and while its good its not Axys good. The cat and yamaha are miles behind here. Also the r-motion is a great trail suspension but it does not offer the same transfer and response to body positioning the the Axys does.

Axys is an awsome chassis! 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

they actually went to BDX to renegotiate and did not go that way . I bet over 3/4 of 12/13 cat owners wish they would have kept it .

I wish they still had it in the M

What would that be??? A couple dozen people or so...give or take.   :lol::bc:

11 minutes ago, Dave said:

Its just amazing that Cat doesnt have better showing in market share....gotta be a reason.

They fucked a lot of long time dealers in the last decade+.  Lots of larger cities with no Cat dealer or one that sells it as a second or third line.

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the issue wasnt running it on ice ....it was running it in varied conditions. My chain 03 f7 would do 115 every day every time on decent snow. My 2005 f7 would do 95-98 most days

u had slow f7s . I get it if u were looking for a race sled u should have bought a saber or a f7r . I went with the saber 7 and a set of  knapp ported jugs fat azz and a key for my lake sled. 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

u had slow f7s . I get it if u were looking for a race sled u should have bought a saber or a f7r . I went with the saber 7 and a set of  knapp ported jugs fat azz and a key for my lake sled. 

my 03 was fast ...very fast. The 05 was a complete dog and the whole reason was the shit DD and its associated clutching. It got better with the bandaid 10.4 and stiffer secondary spring setups but regardless. It was a nightmare to clutch for trail sleds

13 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Was this posted yet?

IMG_1023.JPG

yeah the light weight leader is going to drop in a 3cyl . NOT

lets not even get in the fact they narrowed the bulk head so a whole new chassis would be needed .again not going to happen . also 1 more thing mountain riding moved from WFO chutes and Highmark's to tight technical stuff on the gass off the gas mostly a wide low end and midrange power band needs

Edited by Ez ryder

On 1/23/2017 at 3:45 PM, f7ben said:

I have 750 miles on the poo now , I am simply blown away how good it is. I doubt cat could make anything that gets close anywhere. 

Keep drinking your pool-aid.  No doubt they ride nice, but, you should check into the wait time for a replated 800 CFI momoblock....none in stock at USChrome or Millennium Tech. again this season.  At least Doo gives you a free new top end when they see an issue (regardless of miles), Poo just buries their head in the sand and denies any issue.  I have three dead 800 polaris sleds (2009-15s) here now....all have less than 1,000 miles and need top ends.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

my 03 was fast ...very fast. The 05 was a complete dog and the whole reason was the shit DD and its associated clutching. It got better with the bandaid 10.4 and stiffer secondary spring setups but regardless. It was a nightmare to clutch for trail sleds

it took time for guys to figure out DD clutching . but go to a drag race still today and F&s are still winning in the 800class even with DD. no not as fast as a chain but they sold both options U just did not chose wisely for what u wanted it to do for u   

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it took time for guys to figure out DD clutching . but go to a drag race still today and F&s are still winning in the 800class even with DD. no not as fast as a chain but they sold both options U just did not chose wisely for what u wanted it to do for u   

Well to be honest in 2006 when I got that brand new 2005 I didnt have a clue as to the extent of the issues with the DD...it was a shit offering for trails sleds and as usual Cat tried to bandaid it every yearwith BS clutching changes 

2 minutes ago, Mikeadoo said:

Keep drinking your pool-aid.  No doubt they ride nice, but, you should check into the wait time for a replated 800 CFI momoblock....none in stock at USChrome or Millennium Tech. again this season.  At least Doo gives you a free new top end when they see an issue (regardless of miles), Poo just buries their head in the sand and denies any issue.  I have three dead 800 polaris sleds (2009-15s) here now....all have less than 1,000 miles and need top ends.

this is if u are lucky enough to catch it when it is still just a top end . the axsis is proving to be a better motor than the old 800 not sure what the axsis jugs are measuring when yanked apart yet have not seen one apart. I would bet they are also going to be out of round ? poss not I have no idea

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

this is if u are lucky enough to catch it when it is still just a top end . the axsis is proving to be a better motor than the old 800 not sure what the axsis jugs are measuring when yanked apart yet have not seen one apart. I would bet they are also going to be out of round ? poss not I have no idea

I will have mine apart tomorrow and will check the cylinder for round. 1700 miles ....compression is 119/118 and it is running perfect.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I will have mine apart tomorrow and will check the cylinder for round. 1700 miles ....compression is 119/118 and it is running perfect.

why u taking apart? just gun shy? of Big bore going in

chant 860   860  860 860

Edited by Ez ryder

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah the light weight leader is going to drop in a 3cyl . NOT

lets not even get in the fact they narrowed the bulk head so a whole new chassis would be needed .again not going to happen . also 1 more thing mountain riding moved from WFO chutes and Highmark's to tight technical stuff on the gass off the gas mostly a wide low end and midrange power band needs

I was thinking if they did come out with a triple it would be a 4 stroke 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why u taking apart? just gun shy? of Big bore going in

chant 860   860  860 860

adding SSI head  .......I am leaning towards the Terra 840 stroker setup. I certainly like the sled enough to justify the cost

1 minute ago, Ebsell said:

for sure but it would be for the trail segment and there would have to be any changes made to the chassis to fit a triple anything in it ...more likely would be a weber twin 

2 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

no one wants that in the mountains no one . well 1 or 2 guys who are in to just crazy climbs but that is not poos target . if they do a 4st it will be a trail sled and the  questionable add is mountain specific  .

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

adding SSI head  .......I am leaning towards the Terra 840 stroker setup. I certainly like the sled enough to justify the cost

for sure but it would be for the trail segment and there would have to be any changes made to the chassis to fit a triple anything in it ...more likely would be a weber twin 

ha going with a SSI . a BDX product lol . yeah I know it is Eric not sure  what is worse old bikeman or your opinion on BDX then putting there parts in your poo .