Check your account email address ×

New Cat 800

Rw06GT

8 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , it's risky for sure . Not only that , it doesn't fucking snow anymore :lol:  

Yeah I'm not to motivated to buy a $15k sled to ride it 500 miles...

30 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

it's pretty clear to me the sled world would be lost without ski-doo to copy all the time  :news:

u are joking I see. what innovation have they come up with ? oh yeah that adjustable carbide thing was stellar.

they bought there efi and ripped off every design worth a shit on there pile of shit sea doo line

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

it's pretty clear to me the sled world would be lost without ski-doo to copy all the time  :news:

Actually that statement isnt true at all....only thing doo really did was introduce rider forward ergoes.... They've copied near everything else.

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

Actually that statement isnt true at all....only thing doo really did was introduce rider forward ergoes.... They've copied near everything else.

well and that was one of the 3 the biggest change to ever happen to snowmobiling.  And yes they bought/took a lot of other ideas and  in most cases made it better.  Even the little things like accesories they do better than everyone else.  

24 minutes ago, Dave said:

So, which SLED manufacturer came out with semi direct and direct fuel injection snowmobiles first? Who did skidoo copy that off of?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

So, which SLED manufacturer came out with semi direct and direct fuel injection snowmobiles first? Who did skidoo copy that off of?

would that be Evinrude?? I could be wrong

1974_EVINRUDE_RC_TRAILBLAZER_45_6A_THUMB.jpg

12 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Sean isn't impressed with his 850, he's got 2,200 miles on it :news:  Those fucks just exited New Brunswick this morning rode there permit free this weekend, in the Gaspe now Carlton heading to Chandler tomorrow. 

I know, he like the polaris. I kinda doo too.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh i agree 100%, but wasnt evinrude the first to come out with this??

For boat engines. Im talking snowmobiles. I dont know of any production snowmobile offered to the public that came with direct fuel injection prior to the etec. Or even semi direct injection.

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

u are joking I see. what innovation have they come up with ? oh yeah that adjustable carbide thing was stellar.

they bought there efi and ripped off every design worth a shit on there pile of shit sea doo line

I'm not talking about every little detail. I'm talking about the bigger items, like the general looks and ergos. sure someone can make a little custom change here and there. but it's pretty clear to me sled manufacturers follow ski-doo.

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

I'm not talking about every little detail. I'm talking about the bigger items, like the general looks. sure someone can make a little custom change here and there. but it's pretty clear to me sled manufacturers follow ski-doo.

Polaris hasnt followed doo whatsoever....

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I'm not talking about every little detail. I'm talking about the bigger items, like the general looks and ergos. sure someone can make a little custom change here and there. but it's pretty clear to me sled manufacturers follow ski-doo.

:thumbsdown:

images.jpg

download.jpg

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Granted some of these may have been on other products but doo got them on sleds first.

Engine reverse.

SDI or versions of direct injection.

Externally adjustable rear suspension.

Adjustable skags.

Actually the first dedicated long track for the mountains.

Rave or adjustable exhaust valves.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dave said:

Polaris hasnt followed doo whatsoever....

Huh, if they didn't follow skidoo you would still be riding sit down triples. :lol:   

48 minutes ago, Anler said:

they bought evanrude after they saw cat using there efi systems on the tigershark 

SkiDoo is without question the leader in snowmobile technology.  Polaris seems to do things their own way but it isn't necessarily better than Skidoo.  Cats are still put together with sheet metal screws.  That pretty much says it all.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

SkiDoo is without question the leader in snowmobile technology.  Polaris seems to do things their own way but it isn't necessarily better than Skidoo.  Cats are still put together with sheet metal screws.  That pretty much says it all.  

Doo has the best fit and finish also. I think Polaris has come the farthest with that RUSH. They put alot of thought into that.

Just now, Anler said:

Doo has the best fit and finish also. I think Polaris has come the farthest with that RUSH. They put alot of thought into that.

For sure on the fit and finish.  And as mentioned, Doo has the best accessories and apparel.  Doo has by far the best utility line up.  No one else is even close.  

35 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

they bought evanrude after they saw cat using there efi systems on the tigershark 

Actually polaris had EFI first on the 92 RXL but I think they lost a pretty big lawsuit against IRS on that.  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Dave said:

They didn't even invent that it was FAST :nuts: 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Granted some of these may have been on other products but doo got them on sleds first.

Engine reverse.

SDI or versions of direct injection.

Externally adjustable rear suspension.

Adjustable skags.

Actually the first dedicated long track for the mountains.

Rave or adjustable exhaust valves.

Exhaust valves were on Jap bikes, Arctic cat had handle bar mounted skid adjustment :guzzle: