Check your account email address ×

they can't keep an 800 EPA motor in tune or together, so let's go 900 ???

47 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That’s not true.

That doesn’t change my point.

1.) Cat

2.) Doo

3.) Poo

The intellectual dishonesty (deniers) has always been high with Poo guys though.

Like what parts?

I don’t know. I’m on my 4th, alleged ticking time bomb Polaris 800 CFI2 sled. Haven’t blown one up yet so I guess I need to admit to something that hasn’t happened to me or anyone I ride with? 

I guess if it does yak though, I can get parts easily enough. Supply chain shortages and all. 

38 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Is Polaris even getting 850s to dealers floors with out needing a new motor this yr , 

Screenshot_20211004-204337_Messages.jpg

They could build the same shit for long enough that they could do snow check a year in advance like Cat, I suppose. 

Please, keep us up to date on all of the blown up 850 Polaris engines this year. The Cat guys have lost their cheerleader on that deal. 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I don’t know. I’m on my 4th, alleged ticking time bomb Polaris 800 CFI2 sled. Haven’t blown one up yet so I guess I need to admit to something that hasn’t happened to me or anyone I ride with? 

I guess if it does yak though, I can get parts easily enough. Supply chain shortages and all. 

They could build the same shit for long enough that they could do snow check a year in advance like Cat, I suppose. 

Please, keep us up to date on all of the blown up 850 Polaris engines this year. The Cat guys have lost their cheerleader on that deal. 

No need for me to post Polaris is posting to dealers to stop sales and delivery  lol 

• Haha 1

One thing would be nice with a 900 Cat based on that 800. The flames would be bigger and light up the night sky better. Is their 800 even right yet, or still suffering the EPA woes. Agreed on the parts shortage issues, Cat should have no problems obtaining parts for the hundred 2022's they are building

Edited by Tripleflipper
more info

I found the article nostalgic yet a bit preposterous.  Sure, they could build a new 900cc engine but getting it mapped for durability, performance AND to meet EPA acceptance on all three points of criteria seems to be a struggle since the CT800 came out.  Why did they change the top end for 2020 yet keep it an 800?  I believe they won't go bigger than the 800 because of the TCat. Conversely, if they dropped a 900 and a new chassis that works, Mic drop.  I don't foresee Textron doing any of this though.  

I've damn near got a tear in my eye here, smiling at you guys ... it's like a family get together in the HCS GDF al over again.  Except, where the hell is the grand daddy of all shit stirrers at???  @krom  BTW - we're gonna need a shootout thread soon, aren't we?? LOL

Nostalgia aside - I've got a newsflash for you green guys ... your sled is a pile of shit and will always be.  Ten years to prepare for EPA compliance and talk about an utter disaster.

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

No need for me to post Polaris is posting to dealers to stop sales and delivery  lol 

A big fat “nothing to see here” from poobois but, “DaMn GreEn MaChiNes aNd FlaMeS aNd stuFF….buT muH KLim GeAR and LaYerz…..CheeZEbuRgerS anD FryeZ!!!”

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

A big fat “nothing to see here” from poobois but, “DaMn GreEn MaChiNes aNd FlaMeS aNd stuFF….buT muH KLim GeAR and LaYerz…..CheeZEbuRgerS anD FryeZ!!!”

The Zoomer has spoken ... end of thread :lol:

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The Zoomer has spoken ... end of thread :lol:

:bc:

Hey, when you all get together and race across the lake to the burger hole, is the race won when you get there or, is the winner the one who gets their big fat plate of grease first?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, when you all get together and race across the lake to the burger hole, is the race won when you get there or, is the winner the one who gets their big fat plate of grease first?

Hey, when you shred the knar all by yourself for 30-45 minutes, does it really happen or is it just folk lore? You know, like a tree falling in the woods and hearing it or a C-Tec Cwt engine making it out of warranty without burnt pistons and melted plastics? 

iMa FuKiN SnOwCrOsS rACer BoOoOiiiii! 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nah ... it's whoever can pose as the biggest wannabe on a race sled, thinking they're "super fast" going through the trails & trying to pass Moms and kids (key word there, trying).  Oh wait, those guys are considered LOSERS ... I forgot that, since I took a year off last year.  My bad :lol2:

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Hey, when you shred the knar all by yourself for 30-45 minutes, does it really happen or is it just folk lore? You know, like a tree falling in the woods and hearing it or a C-Tec Cwt engine making it out of warranty without burnt pistons and melted plastics? 

iMa FuKiN SnOwCrOsS rACer BoOoOiiiii! 

Well, it happens but, it may be some “lore” too!  Stop watching CNN on engine reliability!  :lmao:

Just now, Bontz said:

Nah ... it's whoever can pose as the biggest wannabe on a race sled, thinking they're "super fast" going through the trails & trying to pass Moms and kids (key word there, trying).  Oh wait, those guys are considered LOSERS ... I forgot that, since I took a year off last year.  My bad :lol2:

Oh, I have a feeling NONE OF YOU are being mistaken for any type of racer.  Do they make Mohawks for full face and modulars?  You all are probably wired to your sleds like you are on life support.  :lol:

“I goT deez KlIm heateD mItTenz and BootWarmers…and de heaTeD fOg shieLd is NeAt! caN yOu Here Me GoOdLy on yuR cOmmIncaTor dEvicE???”

7A3FC65B-1691-45C7-BA2E-F61FE2F7641B.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, I have a feeling NONE OF YOU are being mistaken for any type of racer.  Do they make Mohawks for full face and modulars?  You all are probably wired to your sleds like you are on life support.  :lol:

“I goT deez KlIm heateD mItTenz and BootWarmers…and de heaTeD fOg shieLd is NeAt! caN yOu Here Me GoOdLy on yuR cOmmIncaTor dEvicE???”

Yeah, because wearing a pit coat is the look everyone should be going after :lol2:  I'd insert a cute picture, but I'm not a teenage girl LOL

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yeah, because wearing a pit coat is the look everyone should be going after :lol2:  I'd insert a cute picture, but I'm not a teenage girl LOL

Post them anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611027207276c081cbfae

Same place every time!  That doesn’t make it less fun though! Nobody rides a roller coaster just once!!!

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:19 PM, Deephaven said:

And they wiped the 1st year out of existence pretty much.  Good luck getting parts for that in 10 years.

two years, but point taken.  

On 11/25/2021 at 8:26 PM, Zambroski said:

Like what parts?

The 2018 & 2019 8000 top ends are different than the 2020 8000 to current.

more  https://www.supertraxmag.com/article.asp?nid=3841 

I know @Not greg b had a new top end put on his '19 at low mileage, think @favoritos also had one burn down as well.  @mnstang hasn't... yet, obviously.

So, who wants to line up for a new 900 ?   anyone?  :lol:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

two years, but point taken.  

The 2018 & 2019 8000 top ends are different than the 2020 8000 to current.  

I know @Not greg b had a new top end put on his '19 at low mileage, think @favoritos also had one burn down as well.  @mnstang hasn't... yet, obviously.

So, who wants to line up for a new 900 ?   anyone?  :lol:

Mine never made it out of brake in mode. It was something like 234 miles 

I love how these rumors go and go.  It is good entertainment. 

In my world talk is cheap after the laughing is done.

The stuff that people are complaining about aren't even issues with a little tuning.  But . . . there are issues you can't tune out of the design.  I would be shocked if we saw anything based on the current mills.