Check your account email address ×

Polaris tries to explain that they didn’t copy the R-motion

AK440

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/inside-the-polaris-pro-cc-rear-suspension/

I’ve never read so much double speak about the R-motion and avoidance to answering why they dropped the “game changing” “terrain dominating” shit box Rush skid. 

Edited by AK440

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/inside-the-polaris-pro-cc-rear-suspension/

I’ve never read so much double speak about the R-motion and avoidance to answering why they dropped the “game changing” “terrain dominating” shit box Rush skid. 

Funny in a year where Lynx copies said shit box in return

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Funny in a year where Lynx copies said shit box in return

the shit box design was 'copied' from PPS - was it not?  

agree with Zamb, they are all just copying each other to an extent.  good article though

pps.png

more at http://www.taurus.gda.pl/uploads/oryginal/1/0/93898251_2015_Lynx_Brochure.pdf

@ 10:54

@ 6:17

this is hilariously awesome, not that it has anything to do with the topic at hand

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Lynx has had the PPS rear skid since the ZX chassis days and it was progressive from day one. Polaris came out with the gimmick Rush in MY10 and claimed you couldn’t make a rear skid progressive with the rear shock inside the track. Then Doo released the R-motion. Fucking hilarious! It worked 100 times better, kept the traditional tunnel so the sled could actually go through deep snow and continued to lead in market share as people wanted to buy MX-Z’s. The Rush? Not so much. Polaris also didn’t want to say how the front arm of their wonder skid was falling rate. The Rush skid frame was garbage. Small wonder why the FTS bottomed out all the time with no coupling and a falling rate. A huge number of dipshits on HCS bought the Rush sleds and wouldn’t admit they didn’t work worth a shit.

Rush skid went through many changes and in its last variation id say it works great for what its designed for.

As far as deep snow capabilities it was not really designed for that but I had no problems running in deep snow.now once you did get stuck it was a bit of a pain.

Ive plowed through feet of snow with no problems and i mean a lot of snow!!Se mn ditches can be deeeeep!!!!

With hi\low shocks and a 2.0 xcr fts these sleds handle trails as good if not better than anything out there.

The looks is what scared most guys away and those that could not figure out how to set things up correctly.

The rush suspension sleds are a blast to ride and those of us that have them figured out love them!!!

Have 30K+ miles on these sleds from model year 11-19

Hopefully i will be able to do a good comparison of the rush and the latest matryx suspension this year?

• Like 4

• Gold Member
17 hours ago, AK440 said:

Lynx has had the PPS rear skid since the ZX chassis days and it was progressive from day one. Polaris came out with the gimmick Rush in MY10 and claimed you couldn’t make a rear skid progressive with the rear shock inside the track. Then Doo released the R-motion. Fucking hilarious! It worked 100 times better, kept the traditional tunnel so the sled could actually go through deep snow and continued to lead in market share as people wanted to buy MX-Z’s. The Rush? Not so much. Polaris also didn’t want to say how the front arm of their wonder skid was falling rate. The Rush skid frame was garbage. Small wonder why the FTS bottomed out all the time with no coupling and a falling rate. A huge number of dipshits on HCS bought the Rush sleds and wouldn’t admit they didn’t work worth a shit.

:lol:

Love my Pro XC sleds. They work just fine, and go everywhere and do anything just as good as my buds on R motions sleds. 

The only people who hated the "Rush" style sleds were anti-Polaris guys, or the guys who couldn't dial them in ... or just hated the looks of them.  Simple as that.  The sled was designed to be a trail sled, and for 90% of riders who ride either leisurely or semi-aggressive, that sled worked.  It didn't work (great) in powder, and for the guys who were a big more aggressive, unless they had a Pro-X or did some suspension changes, it wasn't that great in those conditions either.  Polaris wanted to get back to #1 and they were never going to accomplish it without going back to a "traditional" sled with a full tunnel & that's why they are now pushing the Matryx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The only people who hated the "Rush" style sleds were anti-Polaris guys, or the guys who couldn't dial them in ... or just hated the looks of them.  Simple as that.  The sled was designed to be a trail sled, and for 90% of riders who ride either leisurely or semi-aggressive, that sled worked.  It didn't work (great) in powder, and for the guys who were a big more aggressive, unless they had a Pro-X or did some suspension changes, it wasn't that great in those conditions either.  Polaris wanted to get back to #1 and they were never going to accomplish it without going back to a "traditional" sled with a full tunnel & that's why they are now pushing the Matryx.

Jesus!  Who’s left?  :lol:

Agreed on the rest.   :bc:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Most of the people you see bashing them have never even ridden one. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yep ... and example #1 is right below :lol:

Anxious to see how this Pro CC sled is going to ride/handle. I have the second half of this week off so I’m hoping to spend some of it getting the track swapped, shocks rebuilt, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yep ... and example #1 is right below :lol:

I’ve ridden two.  Reminded me of my SeaDoo machines.  Luckily, the people riding my sled were just as happy as I was to swap back.

An ass for every seat and a seat for every ass.

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus!  Who’s left?  :lol:

Agreed on the rest.   :bc:

Reading 'all that' really makes it sound enticing.  :lmao:

I'm trying to decide if Doo's beaver tail or the baler is the most hideous.  Tough call.

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Reading 'all that' really makes it sound enticing.  :lmao:

I'm trying to decide if Doo's beaver tail or the baler is the most hideous.  Tough call.

Doo was smart enough to find it hideous and ultimately not an effective design.  Poo said, “hold my Bartles & James”.

• Like 1

I've owned both Pro-Ride and the current full tunnel sleds and will say if you go strictly by ride the Pro-Ride is a better riding sled.  What hurt the Pro-Ride is the non-conventional look and for some the lack of storage and expense to add storage.  Look back at the Prowler and Phazer with the gauges and windshield mounted on the handlebars.  Don't see that anymore either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

I've owned both Pro-Ride and the current full tunnel sleds and will say if you go strictly by ride the Pro-Ride is a better riding sled.  What hurt the Pro-Ride is the non-conventional look and for some the lack of storage and expense to add storage.  Look back at the Prowler and Phazer with the gauges and windshield mounted on the handlebars.  Don't see that anymore either. 

Why didn't they just find a way to enclose it into the tunnel, like Lynx did?  

• Thanks 1