Check your account email address ×

Polaris tries to explain that they didn’t copy the R-motion

AK440

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is it a Polaris?

fire.thumb.jpg.a00db118384d506aaa929c1b8ec787a1.jpg

Oh how I love the level of stupid you display while you think you’re being clever. You go to Google to find pics … I have real world pics of a riding buddy’s Wildcat. Maybe that fire extinguisher would have been useful on the Cat!! 🤣

image.thumb.png.6118ca8b229dc228592af6b46a5e758a.pngimage.thumb.png.5a24e49cd4b4990da8bc03f94810d2d4.png

You MADCATTER'S again have to get on the sample page.  In just this thread Polaris is being bashed for coming out with a new none traditional Pro-ride suspension and being bashed for doing nothing but copying others.  Supposed if a manufacturer hasn't changed it's basic design since 2012 that would advancement in graphic design for 2022.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Oh how I love the level of stupid you display while you think you’re being clever. You go to Google to find pics … I have real world pics of a riding buddy’s Wildcat. Maybe that fire extinguisher would have been useful on the Cat!! 🤣

image.thumb.png.6118ca8b229dc228592af6b46a5e758a.pngimage.thumb.png.5a24e49cd4b4990da8bc03f94810d2d4.png

Is Polaris suing them for copying them?  😂

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is Polaris suing them for copying them?  😂

I haven't heard the details on that one but I think if Polaris could get more than a "Team Arctic" banner and a gallon of c-tec oil they probably would sue for some level of compenation.  Since Tex-Cat doesn't have much for money, Polaris likely won't go after them ... they have a heart you know.  We still need Cat (and Yamaha) out there.

34 minutes ago, mnstang said:

All Polaris does is copy.  They follow trends, they do not set them.

They have class leading fix kit sales due to unmatched durability. 

Don't forget, 'fun factor'... Now discontinued.

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I haven't heard the details on that one but I think if Polaris could get more than a "Team Arctic" banner and a gallon of c-tec oil they probably would sue for some level of compenation.  Since Tex-Cat doesn't have much for money, Polaris likely won't go after them ... they have a heart you know.  We still need Cat (and Yamaha) out there.

BRP is the best at lawsuits.

Cancel your sled yet?  Read the Assault's should arrive in June.  

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They have class leading fix kit sales due to unmatched durability. 

Don't forget, 'fun factor'... Now discontinued.

Now you're just saying what you think I'd want to hear.

Not that you're wrong.

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Now you're just saying what you think I'd want to hear.

Not that you're wrong.

I saved my list of trigger phrases from HCS 

God help me the day I ever end up with a Polaris. 

Hey, these Lynx sleds sure are interesting and innovative... :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

BRP is the best at lawsuits.

Cancel your sled yet?  Read the Assault's should arrive in June.  

Nah - if my sled doesn't come in I'll just take the SxS out and tear shit up to piss people off.

40 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Ruh roh ... I see it's official with Cat putting out a service bulletin on the 800ctec and pictures of piston failures.  Welcome to the world of EPA compliance boys!! 

zuke.png.103817a2a52e55ca6cfe4256b8e46794.png

I got nuthin else to add...

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

:lol:

Anxious to see how this Pro CC sled is going to ride/handle. I have the second half of this week off so I’m hoping to spend some of it getting the track swapped, shocks rebuilt, etc. 

They ride and handle like any other snowmobile built in the last 10 years.

7 hours ago, Doug said:

I've owned both Pro-Ride and the current full tunnel sleds and will say if you go strictly by ride the Pro-Ride is a better riding sled.  What hurt the Pro-Ride is the non-conventional look and for some the lack of storage and expense to add storage.  Look back at the Prowler and Phazer with the gauges and windshield mounted on the handlebars.  Don't see that anymore either. 

That is totally, 100% inaccurate. There would be no controversy about the Rush abortion if that statement was even remotely true. But it isn’t. Want proof? #1 They went back to a conventional skid in ‘19. #2 The Rush nor the later Axys with the same garbage skid didn’t put Polaris over Doo in market share. Hell, they didn’t even come close to threatening them… for 10 fucking years of that POS. If it rode better than conventional skids people would have flocked to it. Had it lived up to its terrain dominating, game changing hype it would have taken them back to number 1 like the other original Indy did with IFS or for Doo with the Rev using rider forward. The original Rev looked like shit and was very different from the other sleds of the day but people bought them up because they rode better. #3 Polaris had their asses handed to them year after year in USXC racing by Cat running a conventional skid. #4 if it rode so fucking great why didn’t they race it in sno-X? 

8 hours ago, Bontz said:

The only people who hated the "Rush" style sleds were anti-Polaris guys, or the guys who couldn't dial them in ... or just hated the looks of them.  Simple as that.  The sled was designed to be a trail sled, and for 90% of riders who ride either leisurely or semi-aggressive, that sled worked.  It didn't work (great) in powder, and for the guys who were a big more aggressive, unless they had a Pro-X or did some suspension changes, it wasn't that great in those conditions either.  Polaris wanted to get back to #1 and they were never going to accomplish it without going back to a "traditional" sled with a full tunnel & that's why they are now pushing the Matryx.

Leisurely, slow, fat ass riders who putt along on rough trails (the original HCS crew) loved the sled because it would pull the skis easily. That made them feel kewl in the bar parking lot. 

The amount of suspension work required to make a Rush work halfway decent so it’d kind of compare to a conventional skid was expensive and ridiculous. Then you had to choose, handing or ride? You couldn’t have both because the skid wasn’t coupled. The skid frame never worked as advertised and Polaris didn’t care as they were too focused on making RMK’s and updated the design mid cycle by putting the rider 4.5” more forward and put even more weight on the uncoupled, falling rate front arm. Good thinking. Now the handing was improved but the ride….. nope. That’s why you now have a Pro-CC, full tunnel and increased sales.

Edited by AK440

19 minutes ago, AK440 said:

That is totally, 100% inaccurate. There would be no controversy about the Rush abortion if that statement was even remotely true. But it isn’t. Want proof? #1 They went back to a conventional skid in ‘19. #2 The Rush nor the later Axys with the same garbage skid didn’t put Polaris over Doo in market share. Hell, they didn’t even come close to threatening them… for 10 fucking years of that POS. If it rode better than conventional skids people would have flocked to it. Had it lived up to its terrain dominating, game changing hype it would have taken them back to number 1 like the other original Indy did with IFS or for Doo with the Rev using rider forward. The original Rev looked like shit and was very different from the other sleds of the day but people bought them up because they rode better. #3 Polaris had their asses handed to them year after year in USXC racing by Cat running a conventional skid. #4 if it rode so fucking great why didn’t they race it in sno-X? 

Leisurely, slow, fat ass riders who putt along on rough trails (the original HCS crew) loved the sled because it would pull the skis easily. That made them feel kewl in the bar parking lot. 

Wow.  Did you own a pro-ride or just read articles?

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

That is totally, 100% inaccurate. There would be no controversy about the Rush abortion if that statement was even remotely true. But it isn’t. Want proof? #1 They went back to a conventional skid in ‘19. #2 The Rush nor the later Axys with the same garbage skid didn’t put Polaris over Doo in market share. Hell, they didn’t even come close to threatening them… for 10 fucking years of that POS. If it rode better than conventional skids people would have flocked to it.

The Rush abortion sold better than the ProCross abortion in years when you could buy both so it did leap that garbage skid in market share.  Amusing that the abomination that compels more hate based on looks alone was good enough to outsell Cats best chassis.  Didn't "touch" Doo, sure, but made it to the same zipe code at least and we've seen what the Dootards can do to a great forum like HCS used to be so no surprise they aren't smart enough to actually go and test ride a real sled.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doug said:

Wow.  Did you own a pro-ride or just read articles?

He's just a broken record of his old ways on HCS when he whined like the cunt he is.  Actually I take that back, I don't even trust "he" is a he.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bontz said:

He's just a broken record of his old ways on HCS when he whined like the cunt he is.  Actually I take that back, I don't even trust "he" is a he.  

Only missing the quote " Written by industry experts"    Wonder what happened to Thunder Dragon who " rode Tug Hill every weekend"

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Only missing the quote " Written by industry experts"    Wonder what happened to Thunder Dragon who " rode Tug Hill every weekend"

I thought I read ThunderDragon encountered some level of health issues ... like pretty significant?  Don't hold me to that, but I vaguely recall that being discussed.