Check your account email address ×

Polaris tries to explain that they didn’t copy the R-motion

AK440

Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Found one of those plates for the front of my work car. (2006 Grand Prix)

Nice.

I have an original Firehawk promo VHS tape in my personal archive, right on top of the very last paper Corvette catalog.  I didn't save many things from my early days in the dealerships, but have some oddball stuff.  Should have saved the microfiche too... :lol:

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

That is totally, 100% inaccurate. There would be no controversy about the Rush abortion if that statement was even remotely true. But it isn’t. Want proof? #1 They went back to a conventional skid in ‘19. #2 The Rush nor the later Axys with the same garbage skid didn’t put Polaris over Doo in market share. Hell, they didn’t even come close to threatening them… for 10 fucking years of that POS. If it rode better than conventional skids people would have flocked to it. Had it lived up to its terrain dominating, game changing hype it would have taken them back to number 1 like the other original Indy did with IFS or for Doo with the Rev using rider forward. The original Rev looked like shit and was very different from the other sleds of the day but people bought them up because they rode better. #3 Polaris had their asses handed to them year after year in USXC racing by Cat running a conventional skid. #4 if it rode so fucking great why didn’t they race it in sno-X? 

Leisurely, slow, fat ass riders who putt along on rough trails (the original HCS crew) loved the sled because it would pull the skis easily. That made them feel kewl in the bar parking lot. 

The amount of suspension work required to make a Rush work halfway decent so it’d kind of compare to a conventional skid was expensive and ridiculous. Then you had to choose, handing or ride? You couldn’t have both because the skid wasn’t coupled. The skid frame never worked as advertised and Polaris didn’t care as they were too focused on making RMK’s and updated the design mid cycle by putting the rider 4.5” more forward and put even more weight on the uncoupled, falling rate front arm. Good thinking. Now the handing was improved but the ride….. nope. That’s why you now have a Pro-CC, full tunnel and increased sales.

Come on by some winter and we’ll see who’s a slow ass fat rider!

Hear guys talking this shit all the time and two hours into a ride I’m waiting for these guys!!hi low shocks really made proxc suspension setting easy.once set vary little adjustments need to be made.these sleds can be ridden for hours with little fatigue!!

yes pulling those skis on risers at will is a blast!!

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Found one of those plates for the front of my work car. (2006 Grand Prix)

Wife had a 1999 GPT Grand Prix.  That was a fun car

Edited by Doug

56 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

This was saved from the dumpster... needs a new fuse for the neon.

IMG_20211108_183355529.jpg

I would love something like that for my dad. He was a GM dealership parts department manager for 30 years. He retired in 2008. 

54 minutes ago, Doug said:

Wife had a 1999 GPT Grand Prix.  That was a fun car

This is my third GP. Had 1995 and 2000 GT coupes before this current base model. I actually wasn’t looking for another one but this one was a good deal that a friend had just sitting in his driveway. 

23 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Still got my 06 Grand Prix GXP 5.3 LS4. Dont drive it much but took it for a rip a few days ago..

20211104_174635.jpg

Nice. 

Mine is just a base model. 3800, dual exhaust and leather. Real odd order. I bought it from the third owner. Second bought it from his aunt who ordered it in 2005. Just wish the seats, door panels and headliner wasn’t tan in color. Hard to keep clean when you work in a shop and only really drive the car back and forth to work. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:30 PM, AK440 said:

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/inside-the-polaris-pro-cc-rear-suspension/

I’ve never read so much double speak about the R-motion and avoidance to answering why they dropped the “game changing” “terrain dominating” shit box Rush skid. 

Some guys love the gay skid . I have buds who toss on 4 to 6k mi a yr new sleds every yr and of them 2 bought holdovers so they could have that skid again 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

Oh how I love the level of stupid you display while you think you’re being clever. You go to Google to find pics … I have real world pics of a riding buddy’s Wildcat. Maybe that fire extinguisher would have been useful on the Cat!! 🤣

image.thumb.png.6118ca8b229dc228592af6b46a5e758a.pngimage.thumb.png.5a24e49cd4b4990da8bc03f94810d2d4.png

Lol not even close Polaris is the king of sxs buring to the ground. This is not even debatable . Hell our club burnt up one of there demos during rush hr along a highway . Poo was out to pick it up before tge fire dept got there  

Go to copart and see just how many poo sxs go up in flames .  Poo went therexa few yrs that was sown right scary how many became bone fires . Not hating he'll I own one just reality 

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

He's just a broken record of his old ways on HCS when he whined like the cunt he is.  Actually I take that back, I don't even trust "he" is a he.  

And as I recall you were one of the fucktards waxing poetic about how great it was. 

• Gold Member
On 11/8/2021 at 10:12 PM, AK440 said:

And as I recall you were one of the fucktards waxing poetic about how great it was. 

And as I recall you got banned and owned several times in CE but kept coming back with dupes.

Long Live the Pro XC 🤟😂 Haybailer lives matter. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol not even close Polaris is the king of sxs buring to the ground. This is not even debatable . Hell our club burnt up one of there demos during rush hr along a highway . Poo was out to pick it up before tge fire dept got there  

Go to copart and see just how many poo sxs go up in flames .  Poo went therexa few yrs that was sown right scary how many became bone fires . Not hating he'll I own one just reality 

Except you posted a picture of an arctic cat wildcat XX there ... lol 

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

Acctualy no I did not I quoted some one who did . Don't believe me go to copart look up burnt atv do a count I have not in some time but I am still 100% confident Polaris has more than all others combined 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Acctualy no I did not I quoted some one who did . Don't believe me go to copart look up burnt atv do a count I have not in some time but I am still 100% confident Polaris has more than all others combined 

But, they sell more that burn to the ground than Textron does.  :lol: 

It always comes back to sALeZ numBErZ with the 💩 croo.

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I am not debating the thermal issues of the polaris but the picture you posted is an arctic cat.

I am not debating the thermal issues of the polaris but the picture you posted is an arctic cat.

Again I did not post a pic at all . I quoted some one else's post who had that pic . No diff 

5 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Actually, it was me who posted those Wildcat pics ... that's a machine that belonged to a guy I know in our snowmobile club, that I ride with from time to time.

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

But, they sell more that burn to the ground than Textron does.  :lol: 

It always comes back to sALeZ numBErZ with the 💩 croo.

I have to say I had a wildcat trail I abused the cuck out of sold this summer . Now have a 22 rzr trail . The wild cat deff railed corners better.  And if this rzr dose not wake up after break in it is down the road . Electric throttle is gsy as fuck right now.  If I stomp it from a slow roll or dead stop to whip the ass end around no go . Just fucking gay . Guys have told me it gets better but I am at 26 hrs still no balls our I'd tge hoke to whip a shitty .

So far wishing cat still made the wildcat trail 

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Actually, it was me who posted those Wildcat pics ... that's a machine that belonged to a guy I know in our snowmobile club, that I ride with from time to time.

oh well... F7 to you and the horse you rode in on . 

21 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have to say I had a wildcat trail I abused the cuck out of sold this summer . Now have a 22 rzr trail . The wild cat deff railed corners better.  And if this rzr dose not wake up after break in it is down the road . Electric throttle is gsy as fuck right now.  If I stomp it from a slow roll or dead stop to whip the ass end around no go . Just fucking gay . Guys have told me it gets better but I am at 26 hrs still no balls our I'd tge hoke to whip a shitty .

So far wishing cat still made the wildcat trail 

my bad on the pic. in all honesty across most of the drive by wire sxs have delays programmed into them that can be solved by a flash/tune that removes the delay. I know on the XX it will not only delay but go to 100% throttle then start to close the butterfly as it gets up to speed even though you're flat footed. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, EvilBird said:

And as I recall you got banned and owned several times in CE but kept coming back with dupes.

Long Live the Pro XC 🤟😂 Haybailer lives matter. 

20211106_184139.jpg

You have me confused with someone else. 

Nice looking shit show of a Rush.

• Gold Member
On 11/9/2021 at 4:46 PM, AK440 said:

Nice looking shit show of a Rush.

Its a Switchback but thanks 😂

Edited by EvilBird

oh well... F7 to you and the horse you rode in on . 

my bad on the pic. in all honesty across most of the drive by wire sxs have delays programmed into them that can be solved by a flash/tune that removes the delay. I know on the XX it will not only delay but go to 100% throttle then start to close the butterfly as it gets up to speed even though you're flat footed. 

But why in the fuck should I hVe to spend money to whip a basic shitty on a dirt trail . Because Polaris sucks that's why 

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

There used to be an AK440 on HCS. All he did was post over and over again about how much he disliked his Rush. The poor guy was obsessed to the point he could barely function. One day he was outed by someone who knew him and revealed that AK did not own a Rush but instead owned the worst-handling snowmobile of all time -- a 2008 or 2009 Nytro.

Few people on HCS were surprised to discover that the "AK" guy was a hardcore liar. He became a laughing stock from that point on and lost what little credibility he had. It's a good thing you're not him . . . but it's odd that you share the same Rush obsession. 

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3