Check your account email address ×

Lug Flick Explained

• Platinum Contributing Member

One of the earliest (and coolest) sled video's I had (VCR of course) had some great video of guys who basically made their own mountain sleds and had bolted on track paddles similar to these but all the way across.   Well before the Summit actually came out.  The slow motion video matched to the sleds jumping in spring mountain snow was paired with great music.   It was really awesome.   Wish I knew what video that was. 

Pretty sure they long-tracked and put plastic paddles on these two sleds.

ms.JPG

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

at + u = v

Find for y.

Solve for v at the contact point.

For a track there are many values of v (velocity) on the non-linear sections and the velocity depends on the contact point chosen.  

With anything there is the theoretical and the practical impact of the variable impacting the results.  Most engineering problems are simplified to make the calculations easy and straight forward.  +/- 10% of actual results is a good model.

Pure rotation

22 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

For a track there are many values of v (velocity) on the non-linear sections and the velocity depends on the contact point chosen.  

With anything there is the theoretical and the practical impact of the variable impacting the results.  Most engineering problems are simplified to make the calculations easy and straight forward.  +/- 10% of actual results is a good model.

Pure rotation

but, what oil should I run?

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Pure rotation

Potato.

40 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

but, what oil should I run?

Dino oil seems to works best.  The viscosity of it seems to fill the piston cracks due to cylinder wall slapping.  Or, GeT a DuRaBilTy kiT.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Dino oil seems to works best.  The viscosity of it seems to fill the piston cracks due to cylinder wall slapping.  Or, GeT a DuRaBilTy kiT.

mUh gReezY tRIPle iZ THiRstY aND tHE locAL sHOp dUZNnt' sALe dYnO oIL?

mEAT CHoo oN keVLaR laYKe latEr.  OhKaY? 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

One of the earliest (and coolest) sled video's I had (VCR of course) had some great video of guys who basically made their own mountain sleds and had bolted on track paddles similar to these but all the way across.   Well before the Summit actually came out.  The slow motion video matched to the sleds jumping in spring mountain snow was paired with great music.   It was really awesome.   Wish I knew what video that was. 

Pretty sure they long-tracked and put plastic paddles on these two sleds.

ms.JPG

I would love to have one of those Mach1's