Check your account email address ×

Oil prices fall as industry data shows big build in U.S. inventory

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Yup, I’ve seen it before. Gas is always more in my area of the state. I can drive hour down to Fitchburg mass and pay usually.40-.50 cents less but here in monadnock region it’s expensive. That 3.449 was in Dublin NH. I don’t even have a gas station in my town but there is one 15mins either direction.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Right but not because of cancelling Keystone or any of the other usual reasons listed here....he pissed off The Saudis which frankly should have been done a long time  ago but it puts people in a precarious position because on one hand they bitch about buying terrorist oil and then complain about high gas proces on the other.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right but not because of cancelling Keystone or any of the other usual reasons listed here....he pissed off The Saudis which frankly should have been done a long time  ago but it puts people in a precarious position because on one hand they bitch about buying terrorist oil and then complain about high gas proces on the other.

The other reasons are long term, Saudis are the short term, but none the less it's saying this administration is responsible for the higher fuel prices.

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

The other reasons are long term, Saudis are the short term, but none the less it's saying this administration is responsible for the higher fuel prices.

That’s fine but at the end of the day most agree that historically the President has little to no effect on fuel prices.

BTW I understand those are long term factors but they are the reasons most give when blaming Unka Joe.👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Why is this a big deal? 

I thought everyone here was rich anyway...

Not going to bother me much, not rich but I don’t use that much gas.  The middle class is definitely getting squeezed, and those who do use a lot of gas for work.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s fine but at the end of the day most agree that historically the President has little to no effect on fuel prices.

BTW I understand those are long term factors but they are the reasons most give when blaming Unka Joe.👍🏼

If they stay out of it. ^^^^

Trump jumped in with two feet, he effected it. Biden stopped fed land leases, pipeline, yells ‘green power’, etc…he jumped out with two feet, he effected it. 

Edited by CFM
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think Trump had the biggest impact on fuel prices of most Presidents with the easing of regulations and pushing for energy independence. I also look at fossil fuels as a finite resource and other options need to be researched, I'm not a fan of wind farms, the amount of power produced struggles to overcome energy used for their production and maintenance (and they look like crap). I kind of lean toward solar but I don't feel the storage issue is sorted out yet. also I'm kind of the odd guy here I like electric cars, after driving one, I was really impressed but the range in winters makes them unfeasible up here.

15 minutes ago, CFM said:

If they stay out of it. ^^^^

Trump jumped in with two feet, he effected it. Biden stopped fed land leases, pipeline, yells ‘green power’, etc…he jumped out with two feet, he effected it. 

Quoted wrong dipstick

Edited by motonoggin

3 hours ago, airflite1 said:

I think Trump had the biggest impact on fuel prices of most Presidents with the easing of regulations and pushing for energy independence. I also look at fossil fuels as a finite resource and other options need to be researched, I'm not a fan of wind farms, the amount of power produced struggles to overcome energy used for their production and maintenance (and they look like crap). I kind of lean toward solar but I don't feel the storage issue is sorted out yet. also I'm kind of the odd guy here I like electric cars, after driving one, I was really impressed but the range in winters makes them unfeasible up here.

That's the nice story Trumpers like to believe, but gas prices were higher every year prior to the pandemic than they were in 2015 and 2016. 

Blaming the cancelling of the Keystone pipeline for high prices is another favorite, and bragging that Trump stopped Russia's pipeline. Of course many don't realize that the shortage of NG in Europe is a major factor in the higher price of oil.

Over 4 years time the price of gas under Trump peaked at $3.03.... to a low later of $1.88..

It was cheaper when he left office than when he entered.

Oil production went up soon as he went in office, and came down when he left.

But yeah....

18 hours ago, 1jkw said:

That's the nice story Trumpers like to believe, but gas prices were higher every year prior to the pandemic than they were in 2015 and 2016. 

Blaming the cancelling of the Keystone pipeline for high prices is another favorite, and bragging that Trump stopped Russia's pipeline. Of course many don't realize that the shortage of NG in Europe is a major factor in the higher price of oil.

You go back to the same bullshit every time.  And then when we post the reason, you still parrot the same rhetoric.

Whether you like it or not, the President, his administration and EO's have the ability to effect prices and Joe Biden has caused the price of oil and gas to rise.  Any politician who pushes the "green agenda" will raise the price of energy.  Obama said it, and did it as well.  And cheap energy is why this country has a great middle class.  Anyone who denies this is just plain dishonest.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Snake said:

Over 4 years time the price of gas under Trump peaked at $3.03.... to a low later of $1.88..

It was cheaper when he left office than when he entered.

Oil production went up soon as he went in office, and came down when he left.

But yeah....

Not sure why the TDS sufferers can't understand this simple concept.....but they just don't

• Like 2

Oil went negative per barrel during the pandemic, due to storage and wall St.  Had nothing to do with Trump.  Russians and Saudis maintained low production output.  Worldwide Fuel usage during the pandemic was extremely low due to lack of air travel and people being at home.  When the travel started increasing oil started going up and production didn't change much due to supply and to recoup lost pandemic profits.  Oil is a global commodity and pricing has minimal effect based on who's in the Whitehouse.  I invested in oil when it was literally free and am up quite a bit on my investment.  

I believe Raisin Farmer or racer254 pointed out the percentage of tax the government collects in another thread here not long ago.  It's rather high.  Remember that the next time you go to fill up your Snowmobile, ORV or boat with premium that isn't driven on a public road.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Oil went negative per barrel during the pandemic, due to storage and wall St.  Had nothing to do with Trump.  Russians and Saudis maintained low production output.  Worldwide Fuel usage during the pandemic was extremely low due to lack of air travel and people being at home.  When the travel started increasing oil started going up and production didn't change much due to supply and to recoup lost pandemic profits.  Oil is a global commodity and pricing has minimal effect based on who's in the Whitehouse.  I invested in oil when it was literally free and am up quite a bit on my investment.  

I believe Raisin Farmer or racer254 pointed out the percentage of tax the government collects in another thread here not long ago.  It's rather high.  Remember that the next time you go to fill up your Snowmobile, ORV or boat with premium that isn't driven on a public road.

In NH. We can get the state tax back when gasoline is used off road. Simple form. Keep receipts for it.

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/administration/roadtoll/documents/rt-gasoline-refund-app.pdf

Edited by CFM

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

You go back to the same bullshit every time.  And then when we post the reason, you still parrot the same rhetoric.

Whether you like it or not, the President, his administration and EO's have the ability to effect prices and Joe Biden has caused the price of oil and gas to rise.  Any politician who pushes the "green agenda" will raise the price of energy.  Obama said it, and did it as well.  And cheap energy is why this country has a great middle class.  Anyone who denies this is just plain dishonest.

Yes they do and I stated it very plainly, Trump forced SA to cut production, that caused prices to rise far more than a pipeline that still wouldn't be completed. 

You read this slow so you can understand it. The price of gas under Trump was never lower than 2015 or 2016 except after the pandemic shut everything down, so so much for your green agenda bullshit. 

Trump pressured the shut down of Russia's NG pipeline, Biden shut down the Keystone pipeline, you never once complained about Trump. shutting down Russia's pipeline

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes they do and I stated it very plainly, Trump forced SA to cut production, that caused prices to rise far more than a pipeline that still wouldn't be completed. 

You read this slow so you can understand it. The price of gas under Trump was never lower than 2015 or 2016 except after the pandemic shut everything down, so so much for your green agenda bullshit. 

Trump pressured the shut down of Russia's NG pipeline, Biden shut down the Keystone pipeline, you never once complained about Trump. shutting down Russia's pipeline

LOL.  TRUMP!!!!

The price was never lower..EXCEPT .......  when it was lower.   That's the best argument yet.

Edited by racer254