Check your account email address ×

Oil prices fall as industry data shows big build in U.S. inventory

Obama’s policy is based upon undermining oil, coal, and natural gas in order to foster the development of solar, wind, and other energy methods that the moonbeam crowd favor.

Here’s the problem: we can’t even BEGIN to address our energy needs with these “environmental” sources.  You get so much more energy at so much lower of a cost from oil, coal, and natural gas versus solar or wind that it isn’t even funny.

A couple of charts illustrate this point:

energy_oil-coal-naturalgas.jpg?w=450

energy-cost_fossil-vs-green.jpg?w=450&h=We need to harness our domestic energy.  We need oil, coal, and natural gas.

We’re not going to get them under Obama, or under any form of Democrat rule.

You can count on seeing a shocking trend of higher and higher gasoline prices, to go with a “necessary skyrocketing” of our energy prices, under Barack Obama.

At least until we vote Democrats out of office.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's hard running cover for biden, the dems and their policies. 

Even Obama tried to explain it to you.

Still won't answer a simple question. 

The price of gas was less in 2015 and 2016 than at any time during the Trump presidency, except during the pandemic. Who was president in 2015 and 2016?  

Oil production was down in 2020 according to the chart you posted and the keystone pipeline was still being built, explain how a pipeline that still would not have been completed cut more oil supply than forcing SA to cut 400,000 BPD.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Still won't answer a simple question. 

The price of gas was less in 2015 and 2016 than at any time during the Trump presidency, except during the pandemic. Who was president in 2015 and 2016?  

Oil production was down in 2020 according to the chart you posted and the keystone pipeline was still being built, explain how a pipeline that still would not have been completed cut more oil supply than forcing SA to cut 400,000 BPD.

OMG.  Read the article.  Oh, the price was less, the price was less.  I am giving you facts about agendas and what causes this and you are still stuck on "the price was less"

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

OMG.  Read the article.  Oh, the price was less, the price was less.  I am giving you facts about agendas and what causes this and you are still stuck on "the price was less"

I don't need to read an article to know that in 2015 and 2016 the price of gas was lower, it's a known fact. You are hung up on agendas rather than facts.   

Actually stopping the flow of ready to refine high quality crude, has a far greater effect on prices than shutting down a project that still wouldn't be completed, sorry if that simple fact doesn't fit your agenda.

Dem talking points:

The Obama administration also blames the market for the high prices

“The prices are set by the world market,” said Kendra Barkoff, a spokeswoman for the Interior Department, which manages federal lands that would be leased for oil exploration.

But here were the facts back then

Mr. Bush lifted the presidential moratorium in July that year. The congressional moratorium expired Sept. 30, and prices fell precipitously, dropping more than $1 in October.

“The reason that it dropped is because the U.S. sent a signal to the markets, by dropping the moratoria, that we’re going to drill on our lands. Obviously, we never followed up, and thus you see the crisis gradually rising,” said Rep. Doc Hastings of Washington, the ranking Republican on the Natural Resources Committee.

He said the solution is the same for both the short-term and long-term prices: Assure the markets that the U.S. will pursue domestic exploration.

Monday – again, the day of the single biggest one-day drop in oil prices in five years – President Bush removed the executive order imposing a moratorium on offshore drilling in the United States.

To think that this dramatic and unexpected move by the Bush administration didn’t have a significant effect on oil prices is folly. Even Democrats admit that relatively small margins in oil production could have a huge impact on prices.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I don't need to read an article to know that in 2015 and 2016 the price of gas was lower, it's a known fact. You are hung up on agendas rather than facts.   

Actually stopping the flow of ready to refine high quality crude, has a far greater effect on prices than shutting down a project that still wouldn't be completed, sorry if that simple fact doesn't fit your agenda.

Of course you don't want to read it.  Because it explains what happened then and what is happening right now.

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Of course you don't want to read it.  Because it explains what happened then and what is happening right now.

And despite all your opinions the FACT is the price was lower.  

What is happening right now is huge worldwide  demand and US oilfields,  OPEC +2 are not increasing output to keep the price up, that is exactly what is going on, it has absolutely zero to do with the keystone pipeline.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 1jkw said:

And despite all your opinions the FACT is the price was lower.  

What is happening right now is huge worldwide  demand and US oilfields,  OPEC +2 are not increasing output to keep the price up, that is exactly what is going on, it has absolutely zero to do with the keystone pipeline.

The price was lower during trump's presidency.  That is a FACT.  And the article I posted shows exactly how the tiniest thing, like keystone will effect the price.  But you probably didn't read it.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

The price was lower during trump's presidency.  That is a FACT.  And the article I posted shows exactly how the tiniest thing, like keystone will effect the price.  But you probably didn't read it.

Yes prices were lower during the pandemic while Trump was president, but they were never as low as they were in 2015/2016 prior to the pandemic. The tiniest thing like forcing SA. to cut production of high quality crude oil had  much more effect on prices than a not yet completed pipeline that carries low quality tar sands oil, that is a FACT.

• Like 1

• Biden to announce tougher regulations on methane emissions from oil and gas production

• The EPA will propose rules to plug methane gas leaks at hundreds of thousands of oil and gas wells in the U.S.
  • The agency’s measures will strengthen current regulations on new oil and gas wells and impose new requirements for existing wells that previously escaped methane regulations.
  • President Joe Biden will formally announce the proposals during the second day of the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow, Scotland, according to senior Biden administration officials.

The Biden-Harris administration on Monday reportedly began weighing the closure of a Michigan oil pipeline while gas prices have tripled since 2020. The administration is considering a request from 12 federally recognized tribes to cancel the 78-year-old Line 5 oil pipeline, the Daily Mail reported. The pipeline is owned by a Canadian company named Enbridge.

1 hour ago, CFM said:

So, have all the dems on this site all said presidents have no impact on fuel prices ?

#clownworld

You can show them fact after fact after fact on how it has been effected and yet they will still be led around by the talking points.  "It's a global market"  "Biden isn't effecting gas prices", just the same exact things democrats were saying during Obama.  Yet, when we look at EO's and policy, it sure as hell is effected by the administration in washington. 

How about we take some of the money given to alternative energy sources and find more efficient and cleaner ways to use coal,oil,natural gas and nuclear.

seems we’d be farther ahead?

or would we rather see nothing but solar panels and windmills as far as the eye can see?

that’s what it will take too replace fossil fuels!!

what affects on nature are alternative power sources having?those preaching it better take a closer look!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CFM said:

So, have all the dems on this site all said presidents have no impact on fuel prices ?

#clownworld

No, in fact I pointed out repeatedly to racer that when Trump pressured SA and Russia to cut production it had a great effect on prices, way more than the cancellation of the keystone pipeline. He just can't accept that fact.

14 hours ago, 1jkw said:

No, in fact I pointed out repeatedly to racer that when Trump pressured SA and Russia to cut production it had a great effect on prices, way more than the cancellation of the keystone pipeline. He just can't accept that fact.

FFS.  What is it with you and just focusing on keystone?  I am saying that the president and his administration has an effect on the price.  PERIOD, but you just keep concentrating on keystone.  My god, it's hard to even discuss shit with some people on this site because they are so blinded by one point instead of multiple actions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

FFS.  What is it with you and just focusing on keystone?  I am saying that the president and his administration has an effect on the price.  PERIOD, but you just keep concentrating on keystone.  My god, it's hard to even discuss shit with some people on this site because they are so blinded by one point instead of multiple actions.

You were constantly harping about the pipeline cancellation that's why.  

I pointed out to you how SA and Russia cut oil production at historic levels and you refuse to see that has had a large effect on gas prices because of who asked for those cuts. 

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

You were constantly harping about the pipeline cancellation that's why.  

I pointed out to you how SA and Russia cut oil production at historic levels and you refuse to see that has had a large effect on gas prices because of who asked for those cuts. 

Wrong, I understand what it does, but for anyone to not realize that the adminstration in Washington and the EO's have no effect is equally ignorant.

37 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Wrong, I understand what it does, but for anyone to not realize that the adminstration in Washington and the EO's have no effect is equally ignorant.

And yet you never said one negative thing about Trump shutting down Russia's pipeline or the cut in oil production by SA and Russia before or even now.

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

And yet you never said one negative thing about Trump shutting down Russia's pipeline or the cut in oil production by SA and Russia before or even now.

LOL.

Edited by racer254