What type riding do you enjoy the most?

Riding type  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What type of riding do you enjoy the most?

• Trail riding
    • Lake racing
    • Back country off trail
    • Bar hoping
    • Jumping ditch banging
    • Racing snocross, cross country, oval etc.
    • I don’t ride I gave up on sleds I’m here for the political threads
    • Other
    • Grooming-making the trails badass for the rest of us 👍

5 hours ago, Legend said:

I put Backcountry, but only in the mountains. I have zero desire to ride off trail in the midwest. 

Wish I had the means to pull off multiple out west trips a year. If I could, I probably wouldn’t even ride in Michigan anymore. 

6 hours ago, Legend said:

I put Backcountry, but only in the mountains. I have zero desire to ride off trail in the midwest. 

There’s a year every so often that could make a long track worthwhile but, for the most part, I see little that would justify anything more that something in the 145/6 range.  But, fastest sellers in the market here…..not really sure why.

• Gold Member

I’d enjoy off trail riding a lot more if there was less trees 😝. We got mountains here and Maine allows it in areas but riding in tight trees isn’t much fun to me. Powerline hill climbs and old logging roads anything somewhat open are always fun with fresh powder though. I’ve never had a dedicated off trail sled so maybe it’s more fun in the trees with that style sled idk. I’d like to take a trip out west for some real mountain riding at some point.  Backpack trail ride trips are my favorite get some miles in see lots of cool sites basically pick a direction and hope something has a room where we end up lol. 

13 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Through the bumps and trash, corner to corner as fast as possible.  Fun power line runs with some nice jumps.

The calm before the storm…

EA0ECABA-EEB3-47BD-9957-BDFC2302D209.jpeg

This! Or up in the mountains (fjäll), vast white trails..

DSC_0398.thumb.JPG.897f79d653ed7f68da6b0b8c749cad1c.JPG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Through the bumps and trash, corner to corner as fast as possible.  Fun power line runs with some nice jumps.

The calm before the storm…

EA0ECABA-EEB3-47BD-9957-BDFC2302D209.jpeg

There's a few of those you can really air out, this picture I knew my brother was there with a camera so I went further than planned I remember I landed about where he stood, total flat.  I guess it's better than nailing that big bump at the bottom of the hills!  Now I only do that stuff with a spotter just for traffic concerns.

100_0539.JPG

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

There's a few of those you can really air out, this picture I knew my brother was there with a camera so I went further than planned I remember I landed about where he stood, total flat.  I guess it's better than nailing that big bump at the bottom of the hills!  Now I only do that stuff with a spotter just for traffic concerns.

100_0539.JPG

Cool pic.  I love those long floating downhillers.  It’s funny, we took some pics once of us jumping driveways.  It seems like you are really getting air then you see the pic.

What we think:

205FE50A-7E5B-406A-AEC4-4DCB5167B857.jpeg

Reality:

45BA563C-9420-4793-8FF0-AFCAF867A5B3.jpeg

:lol:

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Cool pic.  I love those long floating downhillers.  It’s funny, we took some pics once of us jumping driveways.  It seems like you are really getting air then you see the pic.

What we think:

Reality:

:lol:

I know the feeling!! 

I like riding logging roads and backwoods unmarked trails here in wi. When i get on the trails the rougher they are the more fun it is. Reminds me of racing xc back when i wasn't fat and old 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 11:34 PM, Legend said:

There is some very fun off trail in the midwest . Depending on the storm timing.  If I know I am going out to wind blown no snow for a week out west or a fresh few feet in MI I am driving to MI . Or if going to a fresh 6 feet out west I some times will be in the fuck that category 

On 10/20/2021 at 7:01 AM, Zambroski said:

There’s a year every so often that could make a long track worthwhile but, for the most part, I see little that would justify anything more that something in the 145/6 range.  But, fastest sellers in the market here…..not really sure why.

100% agree with this

Trail riding primarily ... especially through the woods (pine trees) when there's fresh snow hanging off the branches - or a hard frost from overnight hanging on the trees.  Also, I prefer night riding way more than daytime riding just so you can tell if someone is coming at you when in the tight/twisty trails.

• Like 1