Check your account email address ×

sled insurance

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

who do you all use. Liberty mutual who I had in the past wants $700 

I know this dosnt belong here but it is the only place many go.

That’s crazy.

I have used Progressive through my agent in Maine. 
I remember in the 90’s our new sleds were 100.00 a year.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Does your current home/auto provider not offer snowmobile insurance?  Or is it just insanely priced?  If you're a good insurance client, I don't get how these guys can't provide a competitive policy for a sled.  Now, if you're a constant nightmare with claims and traffic violations - sorry, but I can understand why people would need to look elsewhere.  I've been paying about $25/month for my past 800's and 850's ... we'll see what it changes to with the 650 I've got snowchecked (I'm guessing probably won't change by much).

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Bontz said:

Does your current home/auto provider not offer snowmobile insurance?  Or is it just insanely priced?  If you're a good insurance client, I don't get how these guys can't provide a competitive policy for a sled.  Now, if you're a constant nightmare with claims and traffic violations - sorry, but I can understand why people would need to look elsewhere.  I've been paying about $25/month for my past 800's and 850's ... we'll see what it changes to with the 650 I've got snowchecked (I'm guessing probably won't change by much).

House is statefarm ( had to switch to them because one of my dogs is a pitty mix) and my trucks are all thru the company in Massachusetts.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

House is statefarm ( had to switch to them because one of my dogs is a pitty mix) and my trucks are all thru the company in Massachusetts.

I only have state farm for my sled and trailer so there isn't a multi vehicle discount or bundle discount 

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I only have state farm for my sled and trailer so there isn't a multi vehicle discount or bundle discount 

I didnt even know they sold it for sleds. Thanks, Ill check em out.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:24 AM, steve from amherst said:

I have Allstate....it's 1/4 the price.  Have you made any claims? Total a sled?

Now I believe all my toys are with Progressive (sled, atv, jet ski).  Sled is a couple hundred bucks a year.  ATV and jet ski are cheap, around $125 per year. 

Progressive is the leader for toys is what my insurance agent told me.  I think I had Allstate one year in my sled.

I use All-State  2 sleds a 16 and a 18 a 22 sxs and a 16ft alumacraft fishing boat and a small 2020 ls tractor are all full coverage 250 deduct are still under 900 a yr .

Pretty sure all thete trailers are on tge auto policy I guess because if they become detached from truck and chains don't hold they need there own collision coverage. 

That is a funny one but be dam sure your chains are hooked well ! because if not and your trailer is uninsured like a fuck load are not.  you will be on the hook if it is running free down the highway and some one gets hurt . 

If still on the chains your auto policy will cover it .

Oh and I have totaled 2 sleds in the last 10 yrs on same policy 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 2

I have everything with Farm Bureau.   $312/year for the 18 Sidewinder.   $330/Year for the 2020 850 Poo.   This is full coverage with high limits $500/$1000 deductible.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:24 AM, steve from amherst said:

dana gunnerson at allstate seems to be the choice.  I have metlife but now that framers got them we will see how that goes.  i pay 300 for my 850 now.  

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Not even liability? I know you don't need it but the one with out insurance usualy will loose the legal battle 

Correct and I've been a part of a trail accident where I wasn't at fault and dealt with the person's insurance and was fine.

@mnstang - Is it really worth not having insurance when you can get it for less than $30/month?  I've always said, I don't necessarily care about non-insured people wrecking their own shit ... it's when they're involved with others and have at least SOME level of fault.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

@mnstang - Is it really worth not having insurance when you can get it for less than $30/month?  I've always said, I don't necessarily care about non-insured people wrecking their own shit ... it's when they're involved with others and have at least SOME level of fault.

I dont think it is even 30 bucks a mo thought last one I dropped to liability was like 70 bucks a year . It was a guest sled so I figured best to have some level of coverage because the people on it were 1 not real experienced or 2 a bud who just wrecked his own shit lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I just love defending my personal decisions to everyone.

I ride 5 sleds so I'm guessing it's more than your number stated.

Maybe I am more concerned than others about injuring or killing other people.  But with you guys as long as your pocketbook is safe, I guess who cares about the other guy you might kill.  Just like the guy who ran into me head on, he had insurance on his piece of shit trailing arm jalopy so then it's ok to not hold your line because you're covered, am I right?  Oh yeah I am the stupid one, I forgot.

I've been riding since I was a little kid and didn't have it then and never felt the need since.

I also don't buy the extended warranty when I buy a TV (gasp!)

I also don't wear a tekvest (gasp + permaban)

I also haven't got the covid vaccine!  (I am literally Hitler)

I ride on my side in critical areas.  

You guys sleep at night by having your insurance so you can maim people and not be affected and I can sleep at night by not worrying about any of it.  Thanks for your concern though.

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I just love defending my personal decisions to everyone.

I ride 5 sleds so I'm guessing it's more than your number stated.

Maybe I am more concerned than others about injuring or killing other people.  But with you guys as long as your pocketbook is safe, I guess who cares about the other guy you might kill.  Just like the guy who ran into me head on, he had insurance on his piece of shit trailing arm jalopy so then it's ok to not hold your line because you're covered, am I right?  Oh yeah I am the stupid one, I forgot.

I've been riding since I was a little kid and didn't have it then and never felt the need since.

I also don't buy the extended warranty when I buy a TV (gasp!)

I also don't wear a tekvest (gasp + permaban)

I also haven't got the covid vaccine!  (I am literally Hitler)

I ride on my side in critical areas.  

You guys sleep at night by having your insurance so you can maim people and not be affected and I can sleep at night by not worrying about any of it.  Thanks for your concern though.

Dude ... I just asked a simple question, ya don't need to come unglued.  I'm not judging (despite you think me doing so).  I'm only saying is it worth the X amount of money per month if something bad happens that puts you on the hook to foot a huge bill.  I don't care how good of a rider you are ... shit happens (even on the almighty green sleds).

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Dude ... I just asked a simple question, ya don't need to come unglued.  I'm not judging (despite you think me doing so).  I'm only saying is it worth the X amount of money per month if something bad happens that puts you on the hook to foot a huge bill.  I don't care how good of a rider you are ... shit happens (even on the almighty green sleds).

You can still be on the hook even if you have insurance if your under insured. We had a customer while back that caused a 7 car pile up she ended up having a huge bill because insurance only covered 50k I believe it was whatever NH min is if you have insurance. I would guess most of these low prices are min. Coverage policy that if something serious happened you be paying outta pocket.