Check your account email address ×

sled insurance

55 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I just love defending my personal decisions to everyone.

I ride 5 sleds so I'm guessing it's more than your number stated.

Maybe I am more concerned than others about injuring or killing other people.  But with you guys as long as your pocketbook is safe, I guess who cares about the other guy you might kill.  Just like the guy who ran into me head on, he had insurance on his piece of shit trailing arm jalopy so then it's ok to not hold your line because you're covered, am I right?  Oh yeah I am the stupid one, I forgot.

I've been riding since I was a little kid and didn't have it then and never felt the need since.

I also don't buy the extended warranty when I buy a TV (gasp!)

I also don't wear a tekvest (gasp + permaban)

I also haven't got the covid vaccine!  (I am literally Hitler)

I ride on my side in critical areas.  

You guys sleep at night by having your insurance so you can maim people and not be affected and I can sleep at night by not worrying about any of it.  Thanks for your concern though.

Yikes.  

You have vehicle insurance?

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

I just love defending my personal decisions to everyone.

I ride 5 sleds so I'm guessing it's more than your number stated.

Maybe I am more concerned than others about injuring or killing other people.  But with you guys as long as your pocketbook is safe, I guess who cares about the other guy you might kill.  Just like the guy who ran into me head on, he had insurance on his piece of shit trailing arm jalopy so then it's ok to not hold your line because you're covered, am I right?  Oh yeah I am the stupid one, I forgot.

I've been riding since I was a little kid and didn't have it then and never felt the need since.

I also don't buy the extended warranty when I buy a TV (gasp!)

I also don't wear a tekvest (gasp + permaban)

I also haven't got the covid vaccine!  (I am literally Hitler)

I ride on my side in critical areas.  

You guys sleep at night by having your insurance so you can maim people and not be affected and I can sleep at night by not worrying about any of it.  Thanks for your concern though.

You're that cunt on the trail crying he has no insurance after he wrecks his sled.

Seen guys like you,exactly, so high on yourself you just don't need it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Snake said:

Ouch... that $165 a year for my $30k rig is just too much.

I think Full coverage in Ontario runs around $700-800 (someone can correct me) for a top tier trail sled. Liability is required here and runs $250-300.

I add fire and theft and it costs me $400 x 3 sleds. 

20 years of riding sleds and I've never written one off or been involved in any accident where I would have filed an insurance claim.

Not that I have the saved premiums to show for it.

21 hours ago, Bontz said:

@mnstang - Is it really worth not having insurance when you can get it for less than $30/month?  I've always said, I don't necessarily care about non-insured people wrecking their own shit ... it's when they're involved with others and have at least SOME level of fault.

Especially because you don't need it for the whole year.  I email my insurance agent the day I take my sled out first and the day I put it in storage.