Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

27 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm a big black magic guy got all kinds of their stuff around.  That was peak Arctic Cat hay day 

It sure was. A local guy here had come into a large inheritance and had a 650 wildcat that was full of black magic stuff. 

His wife had an EXT 530 and he also had a Wildcat 700. But that 650 is the one I remember the most.

It was a pretty wicked sled at that time.

There's never been a cooler company name either, and I'm a Doo guy ,👍

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

It sure was. A local guy here had come into a large inheritance and had a 650 wildcat that was full of black magic stuff. 

His wife had an EXT 530 and he also had a Wildcat 700. But that 650 is the one I remember the most.

It was a pretty wicked sled at that time.

There's never been a cooler company name either, and I'm a Doo guy ,👍

Way cool.  They made a "magicat" sled that started as an AFS wildcat but then they did a bunch of stuff and it was sold through black magic. Super custom sled.  I think very rare and I'm sure stupid money today, but really cool.  A guy in one of the FB groups has one.  Sometime I'll post up my black magic collection of stuff 

Screenshot_20230920-145836.png

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 12:52 AM, Not greg b said:

They are actually decent, cats low line has been cfmoto for a long time. Friend of mine bought their high end sxs and took it on a big ride in Canada and it worked fine. They are basically what can am and Polaris ran 10 years ago. If you want cheap they are the way to go as you can actually gets parts for them 

21 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I’m pretty sure the smaller cats are Kymco not cfmoto but I may be wrong. From what I was told cfmoto started as a parts supplier for the main players and they tweak their tooling once the big companies change stuff up to make it their own. I know a few guys with their SXS that are not easy on equipment and they have no issues with them.

The only atv AC currently builds is the 600, all the rest are Kymco built

For SXS they have the prowler pro and XX  For quite a while they had a kymco 450 sxs badged as a prowler 500.  it was smaller, and you could tell it wasn't built or designed in the US by just looking at it.

Tracker has a couple of re-badged ez-go machines they call SXS, but they aren't sold under the AC brand

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Way cool.  They made a "magicat" sled that started as an AFS wildcat but then they did a bunch of stuff and it was sold through black magic. Super custom sled.  I think very rare and I'm sure stupid money today, but really cool.  A guy in one of the FB groups has one.  Sometime I'll post up my black magic collection of stuff 

Screenshot_20230920-145836.png

Yes please do. I'd like to see it. 👍

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

I'm a big black magic guy got all kinds of their stuff around.  That was peak Arctic Cat hay day 

I've somehow acquired some of the purple and black as well.

2 hours ago, krom said:

AC only currently builds is the 600, all the rest are Kymco built

For SXS they have the prowler pro and XX  For quite a while they had a kymco 450 sxs badged as a prowler 500.  it was smaller, and you could tell it wasn't built or designed in the US by just looking at it.

Tracker has a couple of re-badged ez-go machines they call SXS, but they aren't sold under the AC brand

We had one of the Prowler 500's.  It was a good machine, no great.  It always started, it never left us stranded (except getting it stuck), it fit the need at the time just right.  If you parked it on a incline, it was a bitch to get out of park, like you thought you'd break something getting it out.

The Ranger 500 it replaced was better.

Have a Prowler Pro now.  It is a good machine, not great.  The air filter gets dirty very quick, the clutches are always dirty like the cover doesn't seal as well as it should, the cup holder position sucks the big one, there are only like 4 grease zerks, it only does 49mph, etc.  It has been far more reliable then my friend's Can Am, but is less refined then the Gators on the farm it shares a engine with.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I've somehow acquired some of the purple and black as well.

We had one of the Prowler 500's.  It was a good machine, no great.  It always started, it never left us stranded (except getting it stuck), it fit the need at the time just right.  If you parked it on a incline, it was a bitch to get out of park, like you thought you'd break something getting it out.

The Ranger 500 it replaced was better.

Have a Prowler Pro now.  It is a good machine, not great.  The air filter gets dirty very quick, the clutches are always dirty like the cover doesn't seal as well as it should, the cup holder position sucks the big one, there are only like 4 grease zerks, it only does 49mph, etc.  It has been far more reliable then my friend's Can Am, but is less refined then the Gators on the farm it shares a engine with.

quite a few years ago now, they sold a prowler 500 HDX.  It was a full size machine built in TRF with a kymco engine.

TRF built:
arctic-cat-prowler-5-31_1600x0w-454073930.thumb.jpg.4c5b5866a8690ef6a5361493e3367fcc.jpg

Kymco built:

arctic-cat-prowler-500-500-500-413095667.png.4db9667460eb9220ac41e7eb60d4f6c6.png

• Like 1

Few years back I bought a 250 Cat wheeler for the boy.. It had a kymco engine .. That was a really nice FAST little wheeler.. Just rear wheel drive but he drove that thing through tons of shit.. Thing was fast as hell for a 250. Good runner

• 3 weeks later...

thank you ebay... 

new 0627-076 Belt $100 from Livingstons (score) 

delrin front shock bushings for the 500 as the originals were cracked and broken, shocks sent off to Carver for service 

still shopping... 

Pulled clutches on 3 sleds today.  Doing 2 full primary rebuilds once they are clean.

Pulled the ice sled up to the front of the shed and let it run for a while, mainly to make sure it still ran.

Ran out and looking at a Phazer MTN Lite.  Yeah, no bueno.

Probably strip one of the primaries down yet tonight and start cleaning it.

Really need to drag sleds up to the wash bay and give them a real good cleaning.

Started in on this last week , took the modern bars off , put on a set we got out of grandpas garage when we cleaned it out (found out they were SSR bars not GYT srx bars like Dad had thought). everything is coming out and getting stripped down for the most part and reassembled/greased/cleaned up.

1.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Started in on this last week , took the modern bars off , put on a set we got out of grandpas garage when we cleaned it out (found out they were SSR bars not GYT srx bars like Dad had thought). everything is coming out and getting stripped down for the most part and reassembled/greased/cleaned up.

1.jpg

and the jug?  

24 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

getting another next weekend , our shops now a us chrome dealer so Ill get both cylinders replated and freshen up the pistons , go through the crank and then start reassembling it all

cool, if you need plan B lmk