Check your account email address ×

U.S. economy grew 6.5 percent between April and June, marking full recovery from the pandemic

U.S. economy grew 6.5 percent between April and June, marking full recovery from the pandemic

Source: Washington Post

The U.S. economy was officially back and fully recovered from the pandemic as of June, although a recent surge in covid cases could threaten new uncertainty ahead. The economy grew 6.5 percent in the quarter ending in June, as covid vaccinations and unleashed consumer spending added momentum to the recovery. For the first time since the pandemic took hold, economic output eclipsed its pre-pandemic high, after adjusting for inflation. 

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) report, released Thursday by the Bureau of Economic Analysis, offered a backward-looking snapshot of the months when hiring picked up speed and people felt comfortable booking vacations, eating at restaurants and buying tickets to concerts or movies. Some Americans got $1,400 stimulus checks in the late spring or received extended unemployment benefits, providing a financial cushion that helped households step back into their old routines -- and spend. 

Economists still hope for strong continued growth in 2021. But that optimism has been complicated by surging covid cases and the spread of the delta variant of the coronavirus, particularly among unvaccinated people. On Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention urged indoor masked wearing for people in covid hot spots and other circumstances. 

The economic repercussions are unclear. The Biden administration is pledging a bold economic agenda and urging Americans to get vaccinated. Policymakers at the Federal Reserve and elsewhere have made clear that controlling the pandemic is key to stabilizing the recovery.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/07/29/gdp-q2-economy-covid-delta-recovery/

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The pandemic is over!  Horay!!!!

This is really a funny moment for guys like the OP.  They are constantly saying that COVID cases are rising, and that we should wear masks and get vaccinated.  You know what they are not saying?  That we should shut down or stop athletics, professional sports, travel etc.  They know what that does to the economy.  The liberals won't let that happen with Biden in office because they know what that would do to him.  Hell, inflation is kicking his ass right now, can you imagine if they stopped people from working or making money.  He is already part of TWD (the walking dead).

Edited by racer254
  • Thanks 1

Just now, racer254 said:

This is really a funny moment for guys like the OP.  They are constantly saying that COVID cases are rising, and that we should wear masks and get vaccinated.  You know what they are not saying?  That we should shut down or stop athletics etc.  They know what that does to the economy.  The liberals won't let that happen with Biden in office because they know what that would do to him.  Hell, inflation is kicking his ass right now, can you imagine if they stopped people from working or making money.  He is already part of TWD (the walking dead).

Yeah it’s all fake……

Fla. forecast to report more than 83,000 new cases of COVID per day

TAMPA, Fla. — As Florida continues to see a surge in COVID-19 cases from the delta variant, the latest forecast from the Mayo Clinic offers up a sobering look at what is likely coming for the state just one day before school starts. 

According to the Mayo Clinic’s COVID-19 forecast tool, almost all of Florida will have cases above 100 per 100,000 and most of the counties around Tampa will be reporting more than 1,000 new cases of COVID-19 per day. 

Statewide, the Mayo Clinic forecast tool said Florida will be reporting a seven-day rolling average of 49,398 cases of COVID-19 per day by August 9, a 132% increase from the current numbers. The overall range showed Florida could be reporting just 31,357 cases on the low end or 83,548 on the high end. 

Looking at the county level, the numbers show a rapidly spreading disease. Hillsborough County is expected to be reporting 3,744 new cases of COVID-19 daily and will have 277 cases of COVID-19 per 100,000. If those numbers prove accurate, Hillsborough will see an increase in daily cases and per 100,000 cases of 152% from today’s numbers. While that’s high, other counties will see an even larger jump. 

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/coronavirus/fla-forecast-to-report-more-than-83-000-new-cases-of-covid-per-day-by-aug-9 

You know what we magically lost.  No BLM or Antifa protests.  Everyone in the United States should be thinking about that.  EVERYONE needs to notice the timing of the BLM and Antifa protests.  They were all magically timed during the time conveniently before a Presidential ELECTION.  Where do you think that funding and call for action came from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah it’s all fake……

Fla. forecast to report more than 83,000 new cases of COVID per day

TAMPA, Fla. — As Florida continues to see a surge in COVID-19 cases from the delta variant, the latest forecast from the Mayo Clinic offers up a sobering look at what is likely coming for the state just one day before school starts. 

According to the Mayo Clinic’s COVID-19 forecast tool, almost all of Florida will have cases above 100 per 100,000 and most of the counties around Tampa will be reporting more than 1,000 new cases of COVID-19 per day. 

Statewide, the Mayo Clinic forecast tool said Florida will be reporting a seven-day rolling average of 49,398 cases of COVID-19 per day by August 9, a 132% increase from the current numbers. The overall range showed Florida could be reporting just 31,357 cases on the low end or 83,548 on the high end. 

Looking at the county level, the numbers show a rapidly spreading disease. Hillsborough County is expected to be reporting 3,744 new cases of COVID-19 daily and will have 277 cases of COVID-19 per 100,000. If those numbers prove accurate, Hillsborough will see an increase in daily cases and per 100,000 cases of 152% from today’s numbers. While that’s high, other counties will see an even larger jump. 

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/coronavirus/fla-forecast-to-report-more-than-83-000-new-cases-of-covid-per-day-by-aug-9 

Like I said, absolutely nothing about a shutdown or quarantine regarding Sports, Travel, Schools.  NOTHING.  Get it?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao:

Biden Not More Popular Than Trump, And Most Voters Like Obama Better

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/july_2021/biden_not_more_popular_than_trump_and_most_voters_like_obama_better

A new national telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports finds that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters have at least a somewhat favorable opinion of Biden, including 33% whose opinion is Very Favorable. Forty-eight percent (48%) view Biden unfavorably, including 39% who have a Very Unfavorable opinion of him. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

26 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

So how many people are dying, any numbers on that?  Are you still waiting for that "You'll never get sick again pill"??

With the vax not many. Not getting the vax will set back the economy.

BCA28553-C300-488D-B148-1BA4EDCBCD42.png

Edited by Mainecat

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It missed its target.  They were expecting like 8.5%.

Another MC fail.:lol:

The democracy dies in the darkness folks updated their article now to reflect the miss.

The U.S. economy was officially back and fully recovered from the coronavirus pandemic as of June, although a recent surge in cases could bring new uncertainty.

The economy grew at an annual rate of 6.5 percent in the quarter ending in June, below forecasts of at least 8 percent, as coronavirus vaccinations and unleashed consumer spending added momentum to the recovery. The lower-than-expected figures reflect an economy struggling with supply-chain backlogs that have hamstrung business productivity by lowering inventories of basic goods and materials and pushing prices higher, economists say.

Just now, racer254 said:

How many illegal immigrants have the vaccine?

Just hand them out with the Biden T shirts right when they come in to the country

High Gas prices and super inflation, but but but Vaccines and Masks and economy grew 6.5%, but don't stop that federal unemployment check or that monthly child payment.  All smoke and mirrors for people like the OP.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

:lmao:

Biden Not More Popular Than Trump, And Most Voters Like Obama Better

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/july_2021/biden_not_more_popular_than_trump_and_most_voters_like_obama_better

A new national telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports finds that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters have at least a somewhat favorable opinion of Biden, including 33% whose opinion is Very Favorable. Forty-eight percent (48%) view Biden unfavorably, including 39% who have a Very Unfavorable opinion of him. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Do you read what you post?

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Do you read what you post?

That's priceless coming form you....yes I read it.   Obama was popular for a good period of his Presidency.   Their daily tracking poll is better.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

marking full recovery from the pandemic

Well if that is true then we should end the unemployment game right now.

What you say?

As a small business owner, couldn't you apply for some of these loans?

Some of these businesses got hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

9 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

As a small business owner, couldn't you apply for some of these loans?

Some of these businesses got hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

I lay help off in the winter so I didnt think I would qualify. Certainly didnt need a loan , but fuck , everyone took some. I probably should have too. But somehow I feel quilty about fucking my fellow taxpayer. That is my weakness and makes me a fool.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I lay help off in the winter so I didnt think I would qualify. Certainly didnt need a loan , but fuck , everyone took some. I probably should have too. But somehow I feel quilty about fucking my fellow taxpayer. That is my weakness and makes me a fool.

I understand what you're saying but don't be too hard on yourself. If that were the case then Washington DC is riddled with guilt..........nobody fucks the taxpayer worse than DC.