Check your account email address ×

Ask yourself this honestly.

• Platinum Contributing Member

If the media or the politicians never mentioned covid last year, we never went on lockdowns, schools and business' stayed open....would you have even noticed anything different from a normal year?

In my small town of about 3000 people (includes rural ag areas) we had 2 people supposedly die from COVID.   I knew both....one was in her late 70's, obese, bad COPD from years of smoking, Diabetes, heart disease.   Could not walk to her car without oxygen.   It was more of a surprise she was still alive when I heard she passed.   The other a man also in his late 70's and got sick and refused treatment or going to the hospital right up to hours before he passed away.   I know his kids and he was fearful they would put him on a vent.  May have survived without all the scare of what ventilators were doing and seeked other treatment earlier. 

There is no way I would have hardly known covid existed other than the media and politicians.  

My local hospitals never mentioned a capacity or ventilator issue.    

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If the media or the politicians never mentioned covid last year, we never went on lockdowns, schools and business' stayed open....would you have even noticed anything different from a normal year?

In my small town of about 3000 people (includes rural ag areas) we had 2 people supposedly die from COVID.   I knew both....one was in her late 70's, obese, bad COPD from years of smoking, Diabetes, heart disease.   Could not walk to her car without oxygen.   It was more of a surprise she was still alive when I heard she passed.   The other a man also in his late 70's and got sick and refused treatment or going to the hospital right up to hours before he passed away.   I know his kids and he was fearful they would put him on a vent.  May have survived without all the scare of what ventilators were doing and seeked other treatment earlier. 

There is no way I would have hardly known covid existed other than the media and politicians.  

No.  It’d been touted as a fresh flu virus.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

I’m sure the guy that lived alone on the island felt the same.

Your handler should have told you the title excludes you from answering here.

• Haha 1

I don't know a single person who died with Covid, much less from it.  I know a fair amount of people who got sick, and I know another whole set of people who tested positive for Covid and never would have known had they not gotten tested.  And I'm not saying Covid isn't real, I'm just not playing that game.

But other than that, nope.  But you better believe it, this shit ain't going away, ever.  It will only get worse or better before an election, depending on who is in office.

I would have gotten a cold and a fever that was bad for about 4 hours.  And that would have been it.  COVID allowed for a few good things to happen for my job though.  My employer now allows us to work from home.  It was allowed before, but not like it is now.  I think it really opened peoples eyes up to many things.  I care less about professional sports as I realized how they were allowed to continue a lot and get away with more than what the normal public could do.  And many politicians proved the hypocrisy of their ways.  Hell during lockdown our very own governors assistant drowned while on a group outing.

• USA Contributing Member

It was a tough winter for me. At work the guy down the hall got sick and died and a couple other guys ended up in the hospital. I was dealing with some other personal crap when this happened and I decided to take a week off. 

When I got back the two guys in my room called out sick all week, was told on Friday they both had covid. I guess I took the right week off. One of those guys died and the other is now with lung issues.  I’ve been cleaning out the desk of the guy that passed, it definitely got to me. 

• Sad 2

What's the big deal?

Everybody has to navigate life...........as they see fit. 

If ya' don't think Covid is dangerous, then don't wear the mask or get the vaccine, no big deal.

If you're scared shitless of it, stay in the chicken coop, wear a mask or two every time you HAVE to leave the farm, and call it a day.   :dunno:

48 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

What's the big deal?

If ya' don't think Covid is dangerous, then don't wear the mask or get the vaccine, no big deal.

If you're scared shitless of it, stay in the chicken coop, wear a mask or two every time you HAVE to leave the farm, and call it a day.   :dunno:

You just described yourself except when you leave the farm it's to perform your beloved duties down at the local glory hole.:lmao:

I found a pic of your mask. :lol:

Blow Job Mask | Etsy

Edited by snoughnut
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Told this to my FIL cause he was watching to much news and was getting scared. Was a reality check for him 

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

What's the big deal?

A meaningful post for sure.  Now, “the one” will be here shortly so you two can spit at each other for 17 pages.  :lol:

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

The demicraps are going to ride this scamdemic right through the mid-terms

Oh, absolutely!  They have the “anti-vaxxer covid racism” spitball locked and loaded in their little straw.  

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My cousin died from it.

Both my wife’s parents died from it early last year but, since the “everybody dies from Covid” mandate hadn’t became a thing yet, they just died of Cancer and heart failure.  How boring.

Serious question though, did your cousin have any other known health issues?  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Both my wife’s parents died from it early last year but, since the “everybody dies from Covid” mandate hadn’t became a thing yet, they just died of Cancer and heart failure.  How boring.

Died from or died with it a pretty large distinction 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Of course he did. Everyone that dies from it does. He was 60 and had type 1 diabetes since he was born.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Of course he did. Everyone that dies from it does. He was 60 and had type 1 diabetes since he was born.

60 isn’t a bad run to have started out with juvenile diabetes.  I lost a bud at 46 that had it…..it was a car accident though.  :)

Just now, Zambroski said:

60 isn’t a bad run to have started out with juvenile diabetes.  I lost a bud at 46 that had it…..it was a car accident though.  :)

Hell Ive lost 3 from booze in their late 30's . Not crashing drunk , but their body just saying " you cant do this to me anymore "

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

I think it would be better worded…..would you of thought there was a pandemic going on, an epic health crisis?  

Even with getting sick myself and knowing people who have died, I believe this is hugest politicized scam ever perpetrated on a mass scale.  Puts global warming to shame. 

• Like 3

I had it, my wife had it, my lead carpenter had it...both of my parents (78yrs old) had it, my niece had it.

No Deaths...I was the long hauler with a cough that lasted 2.5 months. 

Thing is I’ve had regular colds that last for 8+ weeks with a cough 

that’s NOT abnormal for a coronavirus. But that’s the criteria to be considered a long hauler 

Truthfully, much like the seasonal flu, most of us probably had Covid and just fought through it without any problems.  Some had stronger symptoms than others but, it's hard to believe that a virus this contagious hasn't worked it's way thought the population before most of us even knew what it was.  And indeed, as a result, many of us developed anti-bodies to combat it and any small variants in the future.  This is how the human immune system is supposed to work.  It's literally a "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" situation.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Hell Ive lost 3 from booze in their late 30's . Not crashing drunk , but their body just saying " you cant do this to me anymore "

Lost a 51 year old buddy from the same a few weeks ago,,,known him since I was 6, then a 50 year old I knew to cancer,,the next week a 58 year old party bud to heart attack and another 58 year old good bud had a heart attack and has been in an induced coma for 2 weeks now.Buddy I worked with for 32 years to lung cancer at 55. Been a bad few weeks