Check your account email address ×

Meme thread

10 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

In time weed is going to be like amazon is now, it a shame that america wants to be high and not much more.

But head home and have a beer or 2 every night?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Capital...I risked my savings and my home when I started my business.   

Weed is a different business. Very few licenses to grow, sell and distribute a product that had high demand baked into its opening of legal outlets. (Pun intended) 

And how is that capital acquired?

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I do find the dark irony that the Democrats/Liberals/Progressives are virtually solely responsible for this.

Capitalism is responsible for this. The parties are a mere appendage to the affairs of capital.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, motonoggin said:

img_6_1641262222857.jpg

So which is it now?   You post a meme showing the success of communism in farming and it being due to the Great leap forward (where the govt took over private farm ownership) yet you also say your form of communism private farm land is acceptable?  

The Great Chinese Famine (Chinese: 三年大饥荒, "three years of great famine") was a period between 1959 and 1961 in the history of the People's Republic of China (PRC) characterized by widespread famine.[2][3][4][5][6] Some scholars have also included the years 1958 or 1962.[7][8][9][10] It is widely regarded as the deadliest famine and one of the greatest man-made disasters in human history, with an estimated death toll due to starvation that ranges in the tens of millions (15 to 55 million).[note 1] The most stricken provinces were Anhui (18% dead), Chongqing (15%), Sichuan (13%), Guizhou (11%) and Hunan (8%).[1]

The major contributing factors in the famine were the policies of the Great Leap Forward (1958 to 1962) and people's communes, such as inefficient distribution of food within the nation's planned economy, requiring the use of poor agricultural techniques, the Four Pests Campaign that reduced bird populations (which disrupted the ecosystem), over-reporting of grain production, and ordering millions of farmers to switch to iron and steel production.[4][6][8][15][17] During the Seven Thousand Cadres Conference in early 1962, Liu Shaoqi, the second Chairman of the PRC, formally attributed 30% of the famine to natural disasters and 70% to man-made errors ("三分天灾, 七分人祸").[8][18][19] After the launch of Reforms and Opening Up, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officially stated in June 1981 that the famine was mainly due to the mistakes of the Great Leap Forward as well as the Anti-Rightist Campaign, in addition to some natural disasters and the Sino-Soviet split.[2][3]

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1