Check your account email address ×

Has anyone felt like the housing market has been a little silly lately?

20 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Hell Wells Fargo just sent me pile of blank checks!

said fill in the blank!!

I’ll pass!

Close any accounts you have with those crooks.  Too many other good options than to deal with a criminal organization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

one was closed because the bottom dropped out of the market to protect security

second is not secured by anything 

Banker 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

May be an image of text that says '2008. Today. HELOC freeze CNBC In 2008 major home equity lenders including Bank of America, Countrywide Financial, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, National City Mortgage, Washington Mutual and Wells Fargo began informing borrowers that their home equity lines credit had been frozen, reduced, suspended, rescinded or estricted n some other FINANCE Wells Fargo tells customers it's shuttering all personal lines of credit PUBLISHED THU,J 2021 0:34 M OT UPDATED HOURS AGO'

We sold our place in a caddy before the sign went in the ground. I’ve been snooping around at lakefronts and finding what’s left Is either garbage or way overpriced.

Everything seems overheated right now. I just wonder how much is driven by peoples savings or just credit. Our offer was all cash.

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We sold our place in a caddy before the sign went in the ground. I’ve been snooping around at lakefronts and finding what’s left Is either garbage or way overpriced.

Everything seems overheated right now. I just wonder how much is driven by peoples savings or just credit. Our offer was all cash.

Why did you sell your place? I thought you loved it? 

This is the same scenario as 2005. The market was hot for years, then all of a sudden in Oct/Nov of 2005, real estate tanked...OVERNIGHT!!!  

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

This is the same scenario as 2005. The market was hot for years, then all of a sudden in Oct/Nov of 2005, real estate tanked...OVERNIGHT!!!  

wrong!

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Whadyya' mean?

Housing took a shit in 2007 when interest rates went way up and everyone in those shitty ARM loans started getting fucked. 2005 things were still going up. Sold my house in 2006 and made a killing but I also bought a house in that madness

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Why did you sell your place? I thought you loved it? 

On to the next…was getting bored with caddy and the snow is just not as good there as it used to be. Used to get 150-200 inches consistently and now it’s like 60-80. Looking for a lake front.

7 hours ago, Anler said:

Housing took a shit in 2007 when interest rates went way up and everyone in those shitty ARM loans started getting fucked. 2005 things were still going up. Sold my house in 2006 and made a killing but I also bought a house in that madness

Here in New England it changed in 2005. Maybe in the mid-west it was different. 

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Next 5-15 years there will be a gluttony of houses as the baby boomers die or go to nursing homes.

depends on the area,  so much pent up need for homes in the area i cover that those will be absorbed.  but in places where you can build a lot of new houses maybe not so much as who wants a 60's 70's ranch over a newer home.  

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Here in New England it changed in 2005. Maybe in the mid-west it was different. 

no it didn't, "crash" was in 08 right along with the stock market with softening starting in 07.  and the crash was no where near as bad here as in many other places.  Same with the early 90's

New-England-Home-Prices.png

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

depends on the area,  so much pent up need for homes in the area i cover that those will be absorbed.  but in places where you can build a lot of new houses maybe not so much as who wants a 60's 70's ranch over a newer home.  

These hedgefunds buying up single family homes might also have regional impact.  

14 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

New houses are built like shit. 60 and 70s all brick ranch sell fast in this area. People are realizing they don’t need a big empty house.

• Like 1

Anything hitting the market here is gone immediately for over asking asking price unless it’s a wreck and even some of those are moving. As for the OP that does sound somewhat ominous.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Anything hitting the market here is gone immediately for over asking asking price unless it’s a wreck and even some of those are moving. As for the OP that does sound somewhat ominous.

Same here. You dont see " for sale " signs 

you see either " pending" or " under contract"