Check your account email address ×

Poast you’re Hardly Davesons

Anyone out here (Laconia NH) for bike week ? Pretty damn busy this year. Last year was weird as there was no bike week and thus no week long 24/7 v twin noise bouncing around the lakes and mountains.

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, CFM said:

Anyone out here (Laconia NH) for bike week ? Pretty damn busy this year. Last year was weird as there was no bike week and thus no week long 24/7 v twin noise bouncing around the lakes and mountains.

I’ve heard big groups going by all day heading your way. Pretty good week for it this year not all rain for once.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Seems about right. Good for them if they still got it at that age. Was watching dirt shark the other day Jeremy McGrath probably “senior” class age rippin around Mammoth on a kx500 pretty freakin sweet especially the sound.

Heres 3 CR 500's...

007_7.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

Forgot to mention...Talk about reliving your youth...Biggest class of the day...Seniors 50+ had 31 guys registered to race...

It’s the same in New England.  Same crew just getting older.  I hung up the racing at age 54, ended up 4th overall in 45 plus expert and 5th in 50+.  Bought a KTM 450sxf in 05 but lost the drive to race.  Started hitting things I used to skip or jump over, and she threw me on the ground a few times.  I just bought a boat and said fuckit.  :lol:  

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s the same in New England.  Same crew just getting older.  I hung up the racing at age 54, ended up 4th overall in 45 plus expert and 5th in 50+.  Bought a KTM 450sxf in 05 but lost the drive to race.  Started hitting things I used to skip or jump over, and she threw me on the ground a few times.  I just bought a boat and said fuckit.  :lol:  

Yep...better safe than turn your melon to mush...These bikes today are FAR superior to anything from the 20th century and beyond until 2010+...Then put a fearless kid on the bike, and it's amazing how fast they can go...I spent most of the day at the triple jump...The way the track is setup no one could sky all 3...but a kid racing in 125-A on a 2 smoke KTM was landing further between 2&3 than the 250-A and 450-Pro guys were...The track is 1.25 miles...The kid on that 125 KTM was doing laps consistent right @ 2.00...The lead rider in the 250-A class was less than 2 seconds faster than him...(1.58.7 Lap)

Edited by SlugsOnSleds
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Ive got 2 older customers ( even older then I guessed them for who gave up their sports over the last few yrs . One used to fly planes , the other raced cars. 

On 6/17/2021 at 2:28 PM, CFM said:

i was there for a little while wednesday, will probablybe back tomorrow noonish.  im meeting up with a couple in york beach around 10am then riding over thataway.  

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 3:31 PM, HSR said:

Thanks bud I'm gonna use this on 2 of my buds who just bought harleys,,,shirts,,,hats,,,bandanas,chaps :lol: That's the part that cracks me up,,,

Yep the gay bar look is really to much . If any of theses guys got off the Bart on Castro Street at bar closing they would burn all that shit as soon as they got home . 

On 6/11/2021 at 11:51 AM, stealth bomber said:

Can anyone explain the hate towards Harleys?  I don’t mean this thread, but in general people are always talking shit about them.  Like I think Volkswagen’s are junk but if someone shows up to a bbq with one I don’t feel the need to tell the owner what a lousy car they are.  But wear a Harley shirt to the bbq and some loudmouth idiot is bound to say something about leaking oil or turning gas into noise without the harmful effects of horsepower 

The Volkswagen owner did not feel the need to announce to every one at tge party and every house he passed on the block that he was there with that annoying shitty sounding overpriced underpetfoming pile of shit.  Not to mention the VW owner did not show up dressed like he was heading to a bondage party at Freddie Mercury's house just to make sure every one knew who made the anoying grand entrance .

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

This one has not moved in 2 yrs lol more stuff taking up space 

20210619_091039.jpg

Damn dude!! Sweet bike!!:bc:

Why do Hardley riders need to keep getting louder and louder pipes?  So they know the bike is running - Loud pipes save starter's lives.....

Why is it now acceptable to ride a Hardley with a starter on it?  Because the bitch can't kick it over anymore.....

When do Hardley riders know when it's time to give up riding on two wheels?  Depends......

I'll be here all week......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jdsky said:

Why do Hardley riders need to keep getting louder and louder pipes?  So they know the bike is running - Loud pipes save starter's lives.....

Why is it now acceptable to ride a Hardley with a starter on it?  Because the bitch can't kick it over anymore.....

When do Hardley riders know when it's time to give up riding on two wheels?  Depends......

I'll be here all week......

Whats the difference between a harley and a vacume cleaner?

23 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

This one has not moved in 2 yrs lol more stuff taking up space 

20210619_091039.jpg

I had a 07 Speedmaster with the single "Gunslinger" seat...Last year for the classic "Teardrop" tank and real carbs...

triumph_speedmaster_2007_2_lgw.jpg

triumph_speedmaster_2007_4_lgw.jpg

194097_202085_2_2007-triumph-speedmaster.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

I had a 07 Speedmaster with the single "Gunslinger" seat...Last year for the classic "Teardrop" tank and real carbs...

triumph_speedmaster_2007_2_lgw.jpg

triumph_speedmaster_2007_4_lgw.jpg

194097_202085_2_2007-triumph-speedmaster.jpg

Did not know they did fake carbs.  When I bought it I thought they were carbs till I actually looked real close like had a screwdriver out to fuck with them before starting because it was sitting with old gas for some time lol 

Don't even know what yr they started putting injectors in those hollow bodys .

Edited by Ez ryder

17 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Did not know they did fake carbs.  When I bought it I thought they were carbs till I actually looked real close like had a screwdriver out to fuck with them before starting because it was sitting with old gas for some time lol 

Don't even know what yr they started putting injectors in those hollow bodys .

2007 was the last year for real carbs...In 2008 they kept the carb body style,( for the retro look) but inside there were actual injectors...Also, those bikes were built in Thailand and shipped here to the states...The bikes built in the UK were shipped all over europe...

Edited by SlugsOnSleds

1 hour ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

2007 was the last year for real carbs...In 2008 they kept the carb body style,( for the retro look) but inside there were actual injectors...Also, those bikes were built in Thailand and shipped here to the states...The bikes built in the UK were shipped all over europe...

Interesting now I have to go look at the neck .  Only reason I bought it was because I was full of regret for selling my 57 bsa few yre earlier.  It did not help lol 

Looked all over the bike for a country or origin tag nothing.  Looked around the web nothing.  So must be Thailand if attempting to hide it ? 

Must be why I have not had any issues yet it it was a true brit bike it would be a anomaly not to be chasing electronic issues by now 

Edited by Ez ryder