Poast you’re Hardly Davesons

3 hours ago, stealth bomber said:

turning gas into noise without the harmful effects of horsepower 

Thanks bud I'm gonna use this on 2 of my buds who just bought harleys,,,shirts,,,hats,,,bandanas,chaps :lol: That's the part that cracks me up,,,

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Thanks bud I'm gonna use this on 2 of my buds who just bought harleys,,,shirts,,,hats,,,bandanas,chaps :lol: That's the part that cracks me up,,,

Yeah those fuckers that get dressed head to toe in overpriced clothing from the dealership crack me up too.  Especially the ones that get an attitude and act all hard.  The only clothing I have that says Harley are a couple jackets I bought used for 1/4 of the original price.  

5 hours ago, HSR said:

Some do fall really hard into the look, total weekend costume riders lol   funny to see them do the sstuupidest shit all gussied up lookin ,,coool  :lol2:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, HSR said:

The look is partially safety gear and being comfortable in the elements. It’s stereotypical but a lot of it comes from necessity 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ACE said:

FXDR is an odd machine… it looks fantastic. But it’s a drag style bike with an air cooled V twin. So it’s not fast and handles bad… 

Probably why it only lasted two years, it is odd.  I honestly like the FXDR a lot.  And while they’re not fast compared to a 1000 sport bike, the 114 is no slouch either.  My local dealer had a 2019 in stock last time I was there, but the same bike with 5000 miles at another dealer was about 10 grand cheaper.  Storage options are pretty much nil on the FXDR.  And being a two year only bike parts will become scarce.  I tend to keep things a long time.  I think I’d go for the Low Rider S.  

12 hours ago, ACE said:

FXDR is an odd machine… it looks fantastic. But it’s a drag style bike with an air cooled V twin. So it’s not fast and handles bad… 

yeah.....well you might say i'm kind of a big deal....   :snack: 

173492943_2919150025023065_2213370535227385103_n.thumb.jpg.fe69dbdbe4243384c1de9982c0794f29.jpg

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, stealth bomber said:

Probably why it only lasted two years, it is odd.  I honestly like the FXDR a lot.  And while they’re not fast compared to a 1000 sport bike, the 114 is no slouch either.  My local dealer had a 2019 in stock last time I was there, but the same bike with 5000 miles at another dealer was about 10 grand cheaper.  Storage options are pretty much nil on the FXDR.  And being a two year only bike parts will become scarce.  I tend to keep things a long time.  I think I’d go for the Low Rider S.  

yeah they’re freaking pricey 

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Since all this talk of Harley's - Harley and the Davidson’s is a good watch if your into Harley’s

Yeah I seent it. Good show. 

On 6/11/2021 at 10:51 AM, stealth bomber said:

Can anyone explain the hate towards Harleys?  I don’t mean this thread, but in general people are always talking shit about them.  Like I think Volkswagen’s are junk but if someone shows up to a bbq with one I don’t feel the need to tell the owner what a lousy car they are.  But wear a Harley shirt to the bbq and some loudmouth idiot is bound to say something about leaking oil or turning gas into noise without the harmful effects of horsepower 

I think the problem is that they are generally way overpriced of sub par build quality. Then the stereotypical people riding them. Rev the engine like it will stall at anything less than 3/4's rpm at every light, make it obnoxiously loud so people can hate from 6 blocks away, dress yourself with brand whore everything so you can be as visually as loud as your bike but with zero functionality to prevent the 1000lbs ugly you are riding from turning you in to a minced meat pie, ect.

https://youtu.be/EOwxxsPaogY

https://youtu.be/-ooue7i73zo

https://youtu.be/9GAUo8eUXeU

Edited by Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Tomas. said:

I think the problem is that they are generally way overpriced of sub par build quality. Then the stereotypical people riding them. Rev the engine like it will stall at anything less than 3/4's rpm at every light, make it obnoxiously loud so people can hate from 6 blocks away, dress yourself with brand whore everything so you can be as visually as loud as your bike but with zero functionality to prevent the 1000lbs ugly you are riding from turning you in to a minced meat pie, ect.

https://youtu.be/EOwxxsPaogY

https://youtu.be/-ooue7i73zo

https://youtu.be/9GAUo8eUXeU

Overpriced yes, sub par build quality, not even close, things are timeless and bulletproof .

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Overpriced yes, sub par build quality, not even close, things are timeless and bulletproof .

I'd agree with that.  You're either on board with the lifestyle or you aren't.  To each his own.  What I find silly these days are all the adventure  bikes.  Take a 500 lb. street bike, strap on some goofy ass square metal storage boxes, and how its supposed to be able to travel through all kinds of terrain?  I don't think so.  I'd love to see one of those things ride in the sand and stay upright for more than a couple turns.

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'd agree with that.  You're either on board with the lifestyle or you aren't.  To each his own.  What I find silly these days are all the adventure  bikes.  Take a 500 lb. street bike, strap on some goofy ass square metal storage boxes, and how its supposed to be able to travel through all kinds of terrain?  I don't think so.  I'd love to see one of those things ride in the sand and stay upright for more than a couple turns.

Yup, those adventure bikes are the most retarded thing going but they suck in the mid life crisis guys that want to relive there glory days of dirtbike riding. Couple guys I work with got them. One bought one of those bmw adventure ones thing was a 1000 I think, to go “dirtbike riding” and relive his youth. He had it less than a year before it got sold for a real dirtbike and trailer lol. 

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 7:42 AM, 800renegaderider said:

Yup, those adventure bikes are the most retarded thing going but they suck in the mid life crisis guys that want to relive there glory days of dirtbike riding. Couple guys I work with got them. One bought one of those bmw adventure ones thing was a 1000 I think, to go “dirtbike riding” and relive his youth. He had it less than a year before it got sold for a real dirtbike and trailer lol. 

I was at the AZTALAN MX Pro-Am this past sunday...MX racing is alive and well in So Central Wi...Was surprised at how many high dollar mx bikes were there...A person with a well tuned ear for RPM could tell that the KTM/Huskys had superior power to the other bikes...Was also surprised at how many racers had those big dollar bikes and could only race mid-pack or worse...Some were as young as 4 years old, up to 60+...

http://www.aztalanmx.com/

Edited by SlugsOnSleds
link
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 8:29 AM, DriftBusta said:

imagine trying to get that Harley through a sand pit!??  a real sand pit!?  :flush:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

I was at the AZTALAN MX Pro-Am this past sunday...MX racing is alive and well in So Central Wi...Was surprised at how many high dollar mx bikes were there...A person with a well tuned ear for RPM could tell that the KTM/Huskys had superior power to the other bikes...Was also surprised at how many racers had those big dollar bikes and could only race mid-pack or worse...Some were as young as 4 years old, up to 60+...

http://www.aztalanmx.com/

That’s good to hear seems enduro racing is the big thing around here now. I know a few that do it including my neighbor and they run husky. Those huskies are nice bikes.

42 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s good to hear seems enduro racing is the big thing around here now. I know a few that do it including my neighbor and they run husky. Those huskies are nice bikes.

Forgot to mention...Talk about reliving your youth...Biggest class of the day...Seniors 50+ had 31 guys registered to race...

Edited by SlugsOnSleds

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

Forgot to mention...Talk about reliving your youth...Biggest class of the day...Seniors 50+ had 31 guys registered to race...

Seems about right. Good for them if they still got it at that age. Was watching dirt shark the other day Jeremy McGrath probably “senior” class age rippin around Mammoth on a kx500 pretty freakin sweet especially the sound.