Poast you’re Hardly Davesons

On 6/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, SlugsOnSleds said:

Yep...better safe than turn your melon to mush...These bikes today are FAR superior to anything from the 20th century and beyond until 2010+...Then put a fearless kid on the bike, and it's amazing how fast they can go...I spent most of the day at the triple jump...The way the track is setup no one could sky all 3...but a kid racing in 125-A on a 2 smoke KTM was landing further between 2&3 than the 250-A and 450-Pro guys were...The track is 1.25 miles...The kid on that 125 KTM was doing laps consistent right @ 2.00...The lead rider in the 250-A class was less than 2 seconds faster than him...(1.58.7 Lap)

Typo…hung up racing in 2011 and bought the KTM from Mike Treadwell in 2015, not 2005.  :bc: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Typo…hung up racing in 2011 and bought the KTM from Mike Treadwell in 2015, not 2005.  :bc: 

Something about how they are shipped to the USA if you are tight with your dealer the 2 stroke can be registered as street bikes. My bud has a few ktm mx with street plates.  He Just got a mx250 with plates.

Pretty sure his older ones like 2 yrs old are 300s? But deff 2 stroke . 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I did the fast bike thing my whole life. Kawasaki’s. Z1 900, Z1r 1000, multiple GPz’s. I sold my last one a couple yrs back. I do dumb things on fast bikes. I’m lucky as hell to survive sled season without eating a tree. I’ve had my eye open for a Kawasaki 650. Harleys just don’t do it for me. No interest. 

I left here yesterday about 9:45 with a group,, within the hour it was a total cluster fuck so I peeled off and went solo the rest of the day. I ended up in upper Vermont somewhere grabed route 13W over to 100 took that all the way south back to Massatwoshits...The bugs in Vermont were brutal🤦‍♂️

Right around 380 miles for the day.  Now to clean it,,, Again.

7888F613-4947-4F1D-A44B-29102AB10CD4.jpeg

EEB6CD6C-6A83-4D8C-A304-D0B7AC5047D9.jpeg

5E3762E3-1304-4B94-B6AF-11CEB2EFADB6.jpeg

FC722DB0-3CFE-4FCF-90C9-99ACAC91B053.jpeg

Edited by old indy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, old indy said:

I left here yesterday about 9:45 with a group,, within the hour it was a total cluster fuck so I peeled off and went solo the rest of the day. I ended up in upper Vermont somewhere grabed route 13W over to 100 took that all the way south back to Massatwoshits...The bugs in Vermont were brutal🤦‍♂️

Very nice. Supposed to be a beauty of a week so hoping to get some miles on 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

That’s some big splatter all right. I always wondered how guys ride with no helmet when you got bugs hitting you like that lol. where is that tower?nice pics

Hop on n GO!  :ylsuper:   
Work is still Very spotty for me, so I ride!   Hot as Haiti here for a couple days so wit no work for tomorrow I’m headed to cape cod in the AM.  Mid 70s there.  

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s some big splatter all right. I always wondered how guys ride with no helmet when you got bugs hitting you like that lol. where is that tower?nice pics

I was following rivers most of the day so the bugs WERE plentiful!!    I almost always wear a helmet. Bugs were bouncing off my forehead like mad but none in the mouth thankfully thanks to the 10” windshield 😉

thats Mt Greylock in N. Adams ma.( far western MA.)

EA2FC156-C3E8-48B7-9E9D-56CA1BB626F4.jpeg

E33A9D70-439C-44EF-A372-86F068D0D53A.jpeg

43A77AD9-1BA6-486D-B87E-106EA46F6A7A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, old indy said:

I was following rivers most of the day so the bugs WERE plentiful!!    I almost always wear a helmet. Bugs were bouncing off my forehead like mad but none in the mouth thankfully thanks to the 10” windshield 😉

thats Mt Greylock in N. Adams ma.( far western MA.)

EA2FC156-C3E8-48B7-9E9D-56CA1BB626F4.jpeg

E33A9D70-439C-44EF-A372-86F068D0D53A.jpeg

43A77AD9-1BA6-486D-B87E-106EA46F6A7A.jpeg

Looks nice never been there have to check it out sometime

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Looks nice never been there have to check it out sometime

It’s a nice ride up, something like 7 miles Of Tight twistys.  Ya gotta watch oot for the sight seeing tahds on the wrong side. Like the park road at the quabin red. But much smaller rd

• Like 1

HD has /had to do somthing diferent with their motors to keep up.  i was looking over a pan american and mAN does it look heavy for off road!  a smallish around town cruiser with that motor sounds fun tho.  

HD has /had to do somthing diferent with their motors to keep up.  i was looking over a pan american and mAN does it look heavy for off road!  a smallish around town cruiser with that motor sounds fun tho.  

They really needed to do something and I think the 1250 custom could be great 

it looks classic yet modern and with fantastic power 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 10:03 AM, 800renegaderider said:

1250 custom looks nice, the pan America not so much ugly. I think Indians line up looks a lot more appealing personally. At least there trying that’s more than they have been doing.

the pan am, i think, will be a bust. those that ride the big katooms, (me), beemers are pretty set with their brand. (sort of like hd riders) the RIGHT thing to have done is to have a couple smaller enduros,(yes, enduros, not adventure, showing my age) 650, 800,(like ktm, bmw, triumph)  to get the younger newer riders to look at the brand. my 1190r is a fucking handful to get the knack of and i have had dirtbikes, etc since i was 8. and doesn't help that the demo at a show in england had the engine shit in front of god and everyone. and of course there will always be a place for hd cruisers.............

random-shite-2021-07-01-60.jpg

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

the pan am, i think, will be a bust. those that ride the big katooms, (me), beemers are pretty set with their brand. (sort of like hd riders) the RIGHT thing to have done is to have a couple smaller enduros,(yes, enduros, not adventure, showing my age) 650, 800,(like ktm, bmw, triumph)  to get the younger newer riders to look at the brand. my 1190r is a fucking handful to get the knack of and i have had dirtbikes, etc since i was 8. and doesn't help that the demo at a show in england had the engine shit in front of god and everyone. and of course there will always be a place for hd cruisers.............

I think Harley should bring back a buell  type bike and put in this new 150hp motor or more hp’s. They need something sporty that looks good. The pan am is a good effort I just personally think it’s hideous especially when compared to the Indian ftr or others in that segment. If they want to bring in new younger riders they need to appeal to the younger crowd. They got the cruisers down but not everyone wants a cruiser bike especially younger people.

11 hours ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

The pan am is ugly AF 

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, ACE said:

But if that 1250 custom is what it’s supposed to be… balls dink 

Ya looks badass and powers great but it’s just another cruiser that’s not going to bring in new people. They need something completely different like the livewire but with a gas motor. Oh and I hope it doesn’t have a 30k price tag like the livewire 

Edited by 800renegaderider

13 minutes ago, old indy said:

i didnt ask the dry weight when looking it over but no way i would want to muscle this thing around off road.  two tracks ya but real woods or loose ground, no thanks. 

IMG_1659.jpg

For someone like me it would work. Can both ride and check crops. But it’s too ugly