Check your account email address ×

States giving incentives for GOING BACK TO WORK

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So a fucking plumber is worth 10x what the gal at the nursing home wiping asses gets??? 

I never understood how they pay so little when they are wacking medicare for $13,000 per person per month. And why anyone would do it.

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

When I was in high school min wage was $1.65 . I worked for it for a few weeks, Then asked for a raise. Then quit a month later to shovel shit for $14 for about 45 minutes work each afternoon.

I’d quit too.

so it seems back in the day more jobs paid minimum wage. Idk I had probably 10 jobs between 14-19 none paid minimum wage which was 5.15hr I believe back then. Only kid I can even think that made horrible money in high school use to pick strawberries at a farm in Hollis for .25c a quart lol

33 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’d quit too.

so it seems back in the day more jobs paid minimum wage. Idk I had probably 10 jobs between 14-19 none paid minimum wage which was 5.15hr I believe back then. Only kid I can even think that made horrible money in high school use to pick strawberries at a farm in Hollis for .25c a quart lol

You must be about 37 or so. I remember when I started working it was still $3.75 or something and my first 4-5 jobs were all minimum wage. Hardees, Kmart , the Coney stand , Surplus store and grounds keeping at a big resort. All min wage

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

you worked at tanana power?

Nope.  Never worked in tanana.  Not sure where you ever got that idea...  wait...  you a fucking retard so that explains how you came to that conclusion.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Nope.  Never worked in tanana.  Not sure where you ever got that idea...  wait...  you a fucking retard so that explains how you came to that conclusion.

I thought you said you did work there?? Or maybe it was another village.

Just now, BOHICA said:

About 35-40 different villages.  Tanana wasn’t one of them

Copy....I remember Alaska village stories but nothing as specific as which ones 

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Copy....I remember Alaska village stories but nothing as specific as which ones 

I don’t think I could go back and remember every one I had been to.  Some I knew I flew into for a day or 2 before I left.  Shortest time in a village was about an hour or less and it was to pull some triplex out of a pole top transformer cause the guy slugged his meter after it was pulled for non payment...  so just disconnected him at the transformer and got back on my plane and headed to the next village.  

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I don’t think I could go back and remember every one I had been to.  Some I knew I flew into for a day or 2 before I left.  Shortest time in a village was about an hour or less and it was to pull some triplex out of a pole top transformer cause the guy slugged his meter after it was pulled for non payment...  so just disconnected him at the transformer and got back on my plane and headed to the next village.  

Did you have to climb the poles when they dispatched you like that?

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Did you have to climb the poles when they dispatched you like that?

Ya.  No bucket trucks in villages.  Typically not much over a 30 ft pole in a village.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

So a fucking plumber is worth 10x what the gal at the nursing home wiping asses gets??? 

Do you know what a nursing home assistants make?

I know a few and they make in the 30 per hour range.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Ah no.....they don’t. A cna in a nursing home makes about $14 to start. My brothers ex was one for years. They don’t get shit. A fucking RN in most nursing homes is lucky to make $35

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

You must be about 37 or so. I remember when I started working it was still $3.75 or something and my first 4-5 jobs were all minimum wage. Hardees, Kmart , the Coney stand , Surplus store and grounds keeping at a big resort. All min wage

34. First job after school was janitor assistant at the elementary school 11.50hr to empty trash and polish floors. Washed dishes on weekends at same time and was getting 9.10hr. Few warehouse type jobs later that paid 11-13hr. 

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

when i first joined fs i said you were a scared and weak american faggot. you flapped off your gaygrabsdicks10 gums and i told you to come to tanana, your reply was "been there done that". kill yourself faggot

8 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Has anyone here ever even made minimum wage ever in there life. I’d be willing to bet no one here has ever worked for minimum wage in there life. I know I haven’t even at 14 I was make few bucks over minimum.

I have. It was $2.10 an hour, I was 13 stocking shelve at the corner store and drinking 3.2 Hamms while I filled the refrigerated case.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

My wife is a rn at a nursing facility. I just asked her. They start at 12.50 and can make 20.00 but its takes quite a while.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

My wife is a rn at a nursing facility. I just asked her. They start at 12.50 and can make 20.00 but its takes quite a while.

How do they even fill those positions when an ER nurse can walk thru the door and make $45 ?

10 hours ago, racer254 said:

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ah no.....they don’t. A cna in a nursing home makes about $14 to start. My brothers ex was one for years. They don’t get shit. A fucking RN in most nursing homes is lucky to make $35

6 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

It’s hard to have a legit discussion when people like Racer just make shit up. 

31 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

How do they even fill those positions when an ER nurse can walk thru the door and make $45 ?

ER nurse is a super stressful job. Probably not everyone is cut out for that.

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

7 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Buddy is a CNA and has 12 years experience.  Makes way more than that.  He would not tell me exactly how much, but he said it was over 50k last year.:thumbsup:

Edited by racer254

19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Buddy is a CNA and has 12 years experience.  Makes way more than that.  He would not tell me exactly how much, but he said it was over 50k last year.:thumbsup:

I have a client who works in a nursing home, and she pulls down about 85k a year.  Not sure what her credentials are, but thats not a bad weeks pay at all.  

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I have a client who works in a nursing home, and she pulls down about 85k a year.  Not sure what her credentials are, but thats not a bad weeks pay at all.  

85k a year for someone with skills and brains it literal fucking slave wages

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

85k a year for someone with skills and brains it literal fucking slave wages

53% of American households make less than 75k a year. I personally think 85k a year is pretty good pay but it probably depends on the area you live also.