1. 1. Have you been vaccinated?

• Yes
    • No
    • Planning to get vaccinated soon
    • Waiting for others to be long term test subjects
    • Will not get the experimental vaccine

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Getting close to herd immunity in here.  :lol:   

:lol:   Please share with the class what that number is????   From what I've read no one has a fucking clue what that percentage really is.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

:lol:   Please share with the class what that number is????   From what I've read no one has a fucking clue what that percentage really is.

Well Dr. Fauci originally said 70% but since I think has increased it.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well Dr. Fauci originally said 70% but since I think has increased it.  :lol:  

We are almost at 68% with at least one shot and 48% fully vaccinated here in VT. The daily vaccination rate has dropped off substantially recently. Keep in mind we are a very small state when you look at the #'s  :lol:

image.png

1 minute ago, ckf said:

We are almost at 68% with at least one shot and 48% fully vaccinated here in VT. The daily vaccination rate has dropped off substantially recently. Keep in mind we are a very small state when you look at the #'s  :lol:

image.png

And then there's people who are already currently immune from already having COVID or a similar past virus that the body created immunity.   Some estimates are as high as 50% for that.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8749589/Up-50-people-immune-cells-fight-coronavirus.html

• Like 2

Nope.  I had the 'Rona and survived, so like any other virus ... I'll chalk it up as "been there, done that"

For those that got it, good for you.  For those that haven't, good for you.  See how easy that is?

• Like 4

Been following a few antibody testing studies.  People who had Rona tend to have far fewer antibodies than those who took the vaccine.  Like an order of magnitude difference.  I'd get the shot even if I had the rona in the past based on those statistics.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Been following a few antibody testing studies.  People who had Rona tend to have far fewer antibodies than those who took the vaccine.  Like an order of magnitude difference.  I'd get the shot even if I had the rona in the past based on those statistics.

:goodpost:

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

And to that, I say .... good for you, get your shot(s) :thumbsup: 

I survived the first time without ANY antibodies, so if it hits me again and I have antibodies - my odds should be even better the second time around.  If I get the shot(s) I'm still exposed to potentially getting it, so .... shrug.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Nope.  I had the 'Rona and survived, so like any other virus ... I'll chalk it up as "been there, done that"

For those that got it, good for you.  For those that haven't, good for you.  See how easy that is?

That's my viewpoint as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Not getting the vaccine is pure selfishness.

Vaccinate for the safety of everyone.

If my generation acted like you anti vaccers you wouldn't be here.

Awwwww .... what hurts your feeling worse douchebag?  Those of us who've had it, survived, and aren't getting the vaccine .... or .... wait for it .....

TRUMP!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Not getting the vaccine is pure selfishness.

Vaccinate for the safety of everyone.

If my generation acted like you anti vaccers you wouldn't be here.

:lol:

Every day is like gold!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Awwwww .... what hurts your feeling worse douchebag?  Those of us who've had it, survived, and aren't getting the vaccine .... or .... wait for it .....

TRUMP!!!!

Selfish Trumpers speaks!

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

TRUMP!!!!

My boss caught it from his 19 year old son. Boss is 4 weeks-ish post the second shot. His son was just about to get his second shot. Boss had to go to the hospital for an oxygen treatment. Felt like shit for a good 4-5 days on top of it. He’s 55 and in good health. His son had just cold type symptoms.  Just one of the things that makes you go, hmmm......

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

My boss caught it from his 19 year old son. Boss is 4 weeks-ish post the second shot. His son was just about to get his second shot. Boss had to go to the hospital for an oxygen treatment. Felt like shit for a good 4-5 days on top of it. He’s 55 and in good health. His son had just cold type symptoms.  Just one of the things that makes you go, hmmm......

I guess they should have went with MC's theory, and been more SELFISH :news:  That said, hopefully both of them are back to feeling better.

• Thanks 1