Check your account email address ×

Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

14 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

It's also nauseating.  :)  Although, it is "freedom" sledder. 

60 850s and no blowups....... Scotty, SKS, and Fuzzy are gonna be all over you. 

I've seen the same 4 photos, and apparently Doo is unundated with 2018 850 orders. 

Why are so many people signing up for such garbage?    Fuzzy on double suicide watch. 

"unundated"?

8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

My buddy has a new XCR.  I really like the sled.  Good power, great balance, decent suspension, brakes are probably the best I've ever used.  And I've had the chance to put some hard miles on it. 

But I don't care how old the ProRide is..... it still doesn't ride like an R-Motion.  And not just comfort, but bump absorption unsettling the machine at asshat speeds is not comparable, IMO.  JMO. 

Personally, I believe Polaris invented the ProRide because they lost the market.  I believe their office guys demanded something "revolutionary".  Doo took the market back in 2003 with arguably the biggest major sled configuration change in decades.  They reinvented themselves.  I believe Polaris will have to do something similar to get back to the Indy heyday.  But the Rush is not it.  Interesting piece of engineering, but a game changer it's not.  Especially when an R-Motion, which is attached to a normal tunnel, still works better.  Even the snowmobile press agrees. Maybe they have something in the works, who knows.  True engineering is good for all of us. 

I suppose I am mostly a Doo guy, but that new XCR is still a great snowmobile.  And riding it is a hoot. I love bashing as much as Kev, Reev, and the lot..... but I'll certainly give credit where it's due.  Polaris was caught sleeping in 2003, but they're certainly listening to their riders now. 

You have a buddy?  And one with an XCR?  I hope he doesn't read this.

5 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

A member from this site has gone through $2000 worth of belts on his 850 this year

Ouch! What's a new Doo belt cost these days? 

9 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

A member from this site has gone through $2000 worth of belts on his 850 this year

Before I spent $2k on belts I'd take a $2k loss on the piece of junk and replace it with something else

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Before I spent $2k on belts I'd take a $2k loss on the piece of junk and replace it with something else

I think they are getting warrantied but not sure.  Same thing with the 2012 cats that were blowing belts.  My buddy put 15 belts on that winter and cat came good for 14 of them.

42 minutes ago, Garth said:

That's a lot a rubber.

What kind of milage total?

Granted they are hard km's put on it

22 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I can't believe everything I see online!!111

I usually wear my tinfoil hat when I go online

44 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

not sure about doo but my polaris belt is roughly $250

I thought you were going to say around that amount. 

It baffles the mind how I can get a belt for around $75 dollars, that, in all likely hood, is twice the belt that Doo belt is. 

Heat is definitely the killer for these belts. My Vector's previous owner blew one but he was doing some drag racing at the time. Belts should also be broken in (heat cycles) before gouging on them, imo.