Check your account email address ×

Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

3 hours ago, Reevester said:

I rode with a fella who was on his second 850 motor and he chewed a belt trying to keep up with me on the trails. Definitely a nice peice of equipment though. Not a single thing wrong with my 800 in 3000 miles but yeah keep plugging away with your 1200 km season tinker nothing should break with those hard miles. 

It's dealer demo you fucking retard

3 hours ago, Garth said:

Well said. Some of us on this site actually ride our snomobiles.

Party on Wayne...

5 hours ago, Garth said:

Good post . Would agree the 850 issues are mostly Internet issues just like the Sidewinder turbo falling off..

What was the issue with your 13 Indy? I can't see any abortion on the back of my 15?? 

I'll talk s l o w e r...

The 13 Indy had a tunnel, it was OK to ride.

The new 800 Polio sore ass has a ridiculous Monkey Bar set (aka Polio crutches) out back that nullifies carrying or towing anything significant. The Beaver Tail is 14 year old technology that claims to be the only way to achieve linear rising rate rear suspension on a snowmobile.... uh... R motion. It sounds like it's an awesome trail sled and fn fast but it's useless to me without a tunnel. 

8 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I'll talk s l o w e r...

The 13 Indy had a tunnel, it was OK to ride.

The new 800 Polio sore ass has a ridiculous Monkey Bar set (aka Polio crutches) out back that nullifies carrying or towing anything significant. The Beaver Tail is 14 year old technology that claims to be the only way to achieve linear rising rate rear suspension on a snowmobile.... uh... R motion. It sounds like it's an awesome trail sled and fn fast but it's useless to me without a tunnel. 

14 year old tech? Show me a sled from 14 years ago that had the design that is being used on the Rush today. Bolting the snow flap to the rear axle ala 03' Rev is not the same in any way.

I'll agree they suck for carrying anything/towing. When used as it was designed  (trail sled) it is one of the best in the biz.

13 minutes ago, Garth said:

14 year old tech? Show me a sled from 14 years ago that had the design that is being used on the Rush today. Bolting the snow flap to the rear axle ala 03' Rev is not the same in any way.

I'll agree they suck for carrying anything/towing. When used as it was designed  (trail sled) it is one of the best in the biz.

The 1 production year 03 Rev Beaver Tail is exactly and all I was referring to, they actually had a falling rate in the SC-3 skid. Put a tunnel over the Monkey Bars and I'd look at the Polaris... or just put a good skid in the Indy with an 800 and Polaris will gain back a huge market share. Having the oil pump adjustable is key for them too. Seems so simple to me but they won't give up on the Meccano set.

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Buy one and own it and ride it or STFU. :dunno:

Huh ? So in order to have a valid opinion I shouldn't own a few, repair tune diagnose maintain adjust summerize and winter prep dozens of them then ?? Sense you do not make.

I clearly stated it was a Demo and reported on it's mileage and condition. I apologize for the retard reference, it's term I over use and typically say jokingly. It helps me cope 

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Who is this asshat? :lol: 

I'm not here to brand bash Kev but polaris is for handicaps, cat chassis cough up hair balls and Yamaha's are tanks but that fucking skeedoo 8 fiddy is a peice of machinery fam. 

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Huh ? So in order to have a valid opinion I shouldn't own a few, repair tune diagnose maintain adjust summerize and winter prep dozens of them then ?? Sense you do not make.

I clearly stated it was a Demo and reported on it's mileage and condition. I apologize for the retard reference, it's term I over use and typically say jokingly. It helps me cope 

I know sarcasm is tough to read in text sometimes. 

I pretty well agreed with it after seeing them operate on the trails and lakes minus the one hiccup a friend has had.

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I'm not here to brand bash Kev but polaris is for handicaps, cat chassis cough up hair balls and Yamaha's are tanks but that fucking skeedoo 8 fiddy is a peice of machinery fam. 

MY DEALER SOLD 60 UNITS!!!1111

My buddy has a new XCR.  I really like the sled.  Good power, great balance, decent suspension, brakes are probably the best I've ever used.  And I've had the chance to put some hard miles on it. 

But I don't care how old the ProRide is..... it still doesn't ride like an R-Motion.  And not just comfort, but bump absorption unsettling the machine at asshat speeds is not comparable, IMO.  JMO. 

Personally, I believe Polaris invented the ProRide because they lost the market.  I believe their office guys demanded something "revolutionary".  Doo took the market back in 2003 with arguably the biggest major sled configuration change in decades.  They reinvented themselves.  I believe Polaris will have to do something similar to get back to the Indy heyday.  But the Rush is not it.  Interesting piece of engineering, but a game changer it's not.  Especially when an R-Motion, which is attached to a normal tunnel, still works better.  Even the snowmobile press agrees. Maybe they have something in the works, who knows.  True engineering is good for all of us. 

I suppose I am mostly a Doo guy, but that new XCR is still a great snowmobile.  And riding it is a hoot. I love bashing as much as Kev, Reev, and the lot..... but I'll certainly give credit where it's due.  Polaris was caught sleeping in 2003, but they're certainly listening to their riders now. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

17 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

My buddy has a new XCR.  I really like the sled.  Good power, great balance, decent suspension, brakes are probably the best I've ever used.  And I've had the chance to put some hard miles on it. 

But I don't care how old the ProRide is..... it still doesn't ride like an R-Motion.  And not just comfort, but bump absorption unsettling the machine at asshat speeds is not comparable, IMO.  JMO. 

Personally, I believe Polaris invented the ProRide because they lost the market.  I believe their office guys demanded something "revolutionary".  Doo took the market back in 2003 with arguably the biggest major sled configuration change in decades.  They reinvented themselves.  I believe Polaris will have to do something similar to get back to the Indy heyday.  But the Rush is not it.  Interesting piece of engineering, but a game changer it's not.  Especially when an R-Motion, which is attached to a normal tunnel, still works better.  Even the snowmobile press agrees. Maybe they have something in the works, who knows.  True engineering is good for all of us. 

I suppose I am mostly a Doo guy, but that new XCR is still a great snowmobile.  And riding it is a hoot. I love bashing as much as Kev, Reev, and the lot..... but I'll certainly give credit where it's due.  Polaris was caught sleeping in 2003, but they're certainly listening to their riders now. 

It's good to have options or we may still be riding trailing arm sleds :lol: 

11 hours ago, Tinker said:

I haven't talked shit about another brand and I admit I don't have much faith in BRP 2 Strokes, That being said, I repeatedly got 5500 miles out of 4 consecutive Ptek 800's with richer needles and pilots before a rebuild, That's pretty fn good IMO and they were not easy miles. I know several guys with 800 eTecs with 8000 trouble free miles. The shit talk has been all over the new 850 and my demo has no set up at all, I don't even know what peak RPM should be. It's on the original uncleaned belt and no adjustments to the skidframe or clutching at all since delivery, this is exactly how it came ~1200 km ago. The Poo 800 seems to run great #'s with less claimed HP, clutching and track angles are key. I owned a 2013 Indy, it was OK to ride but that abortion outback completely nullifies any possibility of owning one with a water access cottage I live at at least 3 nights a week and destination rides. The dealer that this demo came from sold 60 850's and none have blown up and they come with 4 years warranty to back up their reliability claims. The Cat 4 year warranty makes their 800 interesting if it's as reliable as the 600, that's been a good motor. But that's where the reliability with Cat ends, sorry. Yamaha... well I ride alone and on lakes constantly and can't afford a winch. To each their own, they all have their plusses for their owners to boast about but the BRP shit is the most reliable and has the best resale. Why anyone would expect the 850 2 stroke twin to keep up to a questionably rated 180 HP turbo 4 stroke on the lake is beyond me... hey neither one can catch a 98 T-Cat either LoL.

Cheers

Hey Fuckface, read it again