Check your account email address ×

Post your new sleds.....or any for that matter...

Poncho

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Downloaded some stills from my GoPro last weekend.  Forgot about this near miss..... was right on my buddy's tail, and we both had to break hard-left because some guy was coming up and over the hill, totally on the wrong side of the trail.....

And then theres azzhats like this guy.  Not only was he tresspassing, but also doing wheelies without a helmet on.  These snowbikers are gonna close down our trails, if we dont put a stop to it.

puzzlebiker.png

52 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

And then theres azzhats like this guy.  Not only was he tresspassing, but also doing wheelies without a helmet on.  These snowbikers are gonna close down our trails, if we dont put a stop to it.

puzzlebiker.png

looks fake.

On Sunday, January 08, 2017 at 8:07 AM, Glenn in Caledon said:

Has been well worth it so far. I Haven't quite got all the shocks balanced together yet but the shock is definitely cable of taking away the sucker hits when you bounce over holes. It's the shock the l.es. should have all c9me with (or any sled with the dual adjuster upgrades).

Also trying to rebalance the sled for c+a skis . Got on some icey trails and with the the big carbides first time in 4 years I've missed having studs. 

2881947 is the polaris part number for the kit I used. Comes with bushings Spring etc. List was 500.

Sounds good.

I was thinking of trying a dual rate spring on the stock fts.

That could get dicey with big carbides/no studs. What model C&A do you have?

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Actually, 02 is right. There is no dividing line on a trail. Riding the center allows the driver to react to either the left or right to avoid a hazard.

There was an article in a sled mag about 12-14 years ago that explained this practice as "Gravel Road Rules". You run down the center of the road except in areas where you can't see an approaching vehicle or when a vehicle approaches. At those times, you slow down and move to the right.

Maybe Putzer has a copy in his basement.

Come to think of it. I have a pile of old mags stashed somewhere. I may have to do some digging.

No one said there was a dividing line, actually in my area most trails are very twisty and approximately 1 1/2 sled width, so the right lane is the only option.  The point being, I don't care were you ride, just don't get bent out of shape when some one passes....lol

11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Downloaded some stills from my GoPro last weekend.  Forgot about this near miss..... was right on my buddy's tail, and we both had to break hard-left because some guy was coming up and over the hill, totally on the wrong side of the trail.....

Wrong side.jpg

You don't call that a snow blower do you.... it's a tinker toy.... way too small. You obviously have time on your hands.

13 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Wrong side.jpg

Being the mean SOB I am...... I would of had the discharge chute pointing to the right. No shoes on the auger blasting rocks, dirt and snow as the Puzzler rode past.....

All the time thinking to myself.." This I my trail Bitch".........

Edited by bladefever
Changes
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Being the mean SOB I am...... I would of had the discharge chute pointing to the right. No shoes on the auger blasting rocks, dirt and snow as the Puzzler rode past.....

That cann,t be puzzler, no yellow coat, and no belt. That gear is way to new for him to own.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Poncho said:

No one said there was a dividing line, actually in my area most trails are very twisty and approximately 1 1/2 sled width, so the right lane is the only option.  The point being, I don't care were you ride, just don't get bent out of shape when some one passes....lol

I agree. Some people get an attitude when you want to pass.

When I pass people, I will usually cruise behind them for a while until I'm sure they know I'm there. I will wait until a road crossing and if at that point they don't allow me by then I find my own way around.

As I get older, I find I am being passed more often, especially when riding with the wife. Most people do as I do, they wait then pass. I have also been passed by some assholes who go by at warpspeed before I even had a hint that they were coming..

I will also slow and move to the far right when I see approaching traffic. Some dude went by me yesterday at well passed the 50K limit and riding the center of the trail.

A little respect goes a long way.

1 hour ago, bladefever said:

Lol , I know your wallet says " Bad Mutha Fucker " 

Pretty sure I could outrun that rig.  Now if we can just figure out how to jam their radios and cellphones....

And more importantly, why has that snowflap been cut on a machine WE own?  :)

On 2017-01-10 at 7:23 PM, odot1 said:

IMG_20170107_1237132~2[1].jpg

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Pretty sure I could outrun that rig.  Now if we can just figure out how to jam their radios and cellphones....

And more importantly, why has that snowflap been cut on a machine WE own:)

I pay taxes so I own her too!!!  The flaps get cut down as they always get caught when unloading the sleds. A BRP dealer actually does it for us...  Yes, easy to outrun the sled...the radio, not so much  :D

• Like 1

It's always a Ski Doo,

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/snowmobile-run-off-trail-1.3930523

Provincial police are appealing to snowmobilers to operate their vehicles safely after a man and his daughter were run off a trail in Elliot Lake last Sunday.

They say the pair were riding on a trail when an approaching snowmobile met them at a high speed on the wrong side of the trail, forcing them into the ditch.

There were no injuries and police say the suspect snowmobile did not stop.

They say they're looking for the driver of a newer model black and orange Ski Doo Rev.

6 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

It's always a Ski Doo,

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/snowmobile-run-off-trail-1.3930523

Provincial police are appealing to snowmobilers to operate their vehicles safely after a man and his daughter were run off a trail in Elliot Lake last Sunday.

They say the pair were riding on a trail when an approaching snowmobile met them at a high speed on the wrong side of the trail, forcing them into the ditch.

There were no injuries and police say the suspect snowmobile did not stop.

They say they're looking for the driver of a newer model black and orange Ski Doo Rev.

Oh Oh I guess he wasn't on the right.....

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

There's also every possibility that they simply overreacted to an aggressive oncoming rider and put themselves in the ditch. 

Quite possible,  always seems to be newb's ending up in a ditch or blowing corners. 

If I were you, I'd mention that to them when they have you pulled over.  Will surely aid in his decision about whether or not to ticket you...... :)

1 hour ago, Renegade X said:

There's the nofunmobile..

It is kinda funny that they are out there giving tickets when they can't even unload a sled without wrecking them hahaa

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Renegade X said:

There's the nofunmobile..

It is kinda funny that they are out there giving tickets when they can't even unload a sled without wrecking them hahaa

Thanks!!!!  :)  

I caught up to Police around Dundalk on the weekend on the rail bed.. the rear guy turned on his flashing lights and pulled to the side.. I thought he was going to say something about speed but just waved me by, tried to stay under 70kmh since they were behind me at that point, pretty hard to do on the rail beds, thankfully they dropped off or out of sight at some point.

• Like 1