Check your account email address ×

Pfizer, Moderna vaccines 90 percent effective in preventing coronavirus infections in U.S.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well considering "herd immunity" occurs once around 70% of the population has been vaccinated or has immunity thru infection of the virus or another similar virus I'll continue to let others be the lab rats for a vaccine that has little to no long term trials......well at least what they are telling us.    

Almost 30 million have already tested positive and there are no studies that show you can get it twice.

Very difficult for young people to get COVID.   Under 18 is almost 23% of the population.

Almost 20% of the population fully vaccinated.    

Yes some crossover but upwards of 50% of the population already should have a defense mechanism against the illness. 

If we claim to have 200 million vaccinated by summer we should basically have reached herd immunity.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Well considering "herd immunity" occurs once around 70% of the population has been vaccinated or has immunity thru infection of the virus or another similar virus I'll continue to let others be the lab rats for a vaccine that has little to no long term trials......well at least what they are telling us.    

Almost 30 million have already tested positive and there are no studies that show you can get it twice.

Very difficult for young people to get COVID.   Under 18 is almost 23% of the population.

Almost 20% of the population fully vaccinated.    

Yes some crossover but upwards of 50% of the population already should have a defense mechanism against the illness. 

If we claim to have 200 million vaccinated by summer we should basically have reached herd immunity.  

20-50% have pre immunity from other coronaviruses 

cases will linger to an extent or find small blips if they find a non immune area but it’s really a non issue going forward 

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Pfizer, Moderna vaccines 90 percent effective in preventing coronavirus infections in U.S.

Source: Washington Post

The Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines being deployed to fight the coronavirus pandemic are robustly effective in preventing infections in real-life conditions, according to a federal study released Monday that provides reassurance of protection for front-line workers in the United States. 

In a study of about 4,000 health-care personnel, police, firefighters and other essential workers, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that the vaccines reduced the risk of infection by 80 percent after one shot. Protection increased to 90 percent following the second dose. The findings are consistent with clinical trial results and studies showing strong effectiveness in Israel and the United Kingdom, and in initial studies of health-care workers at the University of Texas and in southern California. 

The CDC report is significant, experts said, because it analyzed how well the vaccines worked among a diverse group of front-line working-age adults whose jobs make them more likely to be exposed to the virus and to spread it. The workers came from eight locations in six states — Arizona, Florida, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas and Utah. They received vaccinations between mid-December, when the doses first became available, to mid-March, a 13-week period that included the deadly winter surge that was killing more than 3,000 people a day by January. 

The study is also one of the first to estimate vaccine effectiveness among participants against infection — rather than just monitoring for symptomatic cases — including infections that did not result in symptoms, according to the CDC. Among 2,479 fully vaccinated people, just three had confirmed infections. Among 477 people who received one dose, eight infections were reported. By comparison, among 994 people who were not vaccinated, 161 developed infections. No deaths were reported.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/03/29/vaccine-effective-essential-workers-study/ 

Just walking down the street is better than 90% at not catching a covid 

And if you do catch a covid just staying home watching TV gives you a 99.7% chance of survival 

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Just walking down the street is better than 90% at not catching a covid 

And if you do catch a covid just staying home watching TV gives you a 99.7% chance of survival 

No that's the total, it's 99.95% if you are under 70 and healthy.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

cases will linger to an extent or find small blips if they find a non immune area but it’s really a non issue going forward 

123c0f58430127188ceee49f38c67071.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No that's the total, it's 99.95% if you are under 70 and healthy.

Really more like 100%

they don’t declare obesity an underlying health issue 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, ACE said:

Yep then taking into account those who were infected and tested positive, infected and asymptomatic, the vaccinated and the youth we must be sitting pretty good. 

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Here in AZ you do.  They list which vaccine they're giving at which location.  My wife and I were both able to sign up and get Pfizer since that's the one we wanted.

Do not get the MRNA vaccine. 

• Gold Member
19 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I got shot #1 of the Pfizer about 2 hours ago. So far so good but I'm pretty sure I felt the tracking chip energize when I walked but the microwave..............

That was just the plate in your head resonating.  :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Do not get the MRNA vaccine. 

I have no less than 4 doctors in my immediate family but I'll be sure to listen to the guy on the internet snowmobiling forum. :lol:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have no less than 4 doctors in my immediate family but I'll be sure to listen to the guy on the internet snowmobiling forum. :lol:

:lol: no shit :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

LMAO!!!!! Okay load up then 

The best part you have a 99.998 chance of survival but hey get the vaccine 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

DEEP STATE DOCTORS!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

I dont get it. They can't control the flu though vaccines,  how is a rushed covid vaccine going to be effective 

Before 2020 corona was called the common flu.

13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Not to worry all you anti vaxers us who vaccinated will keep health care costs down.

Lmfao famous last words . Btw you do understand the drug Trump pushed for cut red tape for set aside regular testing protocol for is also the only drug made that the federal govenment guaranteed to the drug manufactures that no lawsuits could ever come there way now or in the future for unforseen issues arising from the drug .

Yep we know we know drug company's never have situations when there drugs a few yrs down the road have killer side efects lmfao . Fucking Jones town on steroids 

Edited by Ez ryder