Check your account email address ×

Snopes checked AOC's claim Danish McDonald's paying over 20 bucks an hour...

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

I said close to zero. In the US your marginal tax rate on $40k would be single digit, roughly 7% so you'd pay a whopping 3 grand in federal taxes. In Denmark the lowest rate is 27% 

That doesn't seem right to me. I wanna say it was around 20%. And I was fortunate to have a union job with health insurance and pension. It makes a difference. But that was over 25 years ago when that kind of money went farther. But I lived pretty good back then.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

That doesn't seem right to me. I wanna say it was around 20%. And I was fortunate to have a union job with health insurance and pension. It makes a difference. But that was over 25 years ago when that kind of money went farther. But I lived pretty good back then.

not denying that....

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Denmark....

National healthcare free for every citizen

Education including college free for every citizen.

Childcare free for every citizen.

Take those 3 items above out of your yearly budget.

Now factor in your paid 12 dollars an hour minimum wage more than the US as well.

Who is paying for all the free stuff?

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Denmark....

National healthcare free for every citizen

Education including college free for every citizen.

Childcare free for every citizen.

Take those 3 items above out of your yearly budget.

Now factor in your paid 12 dollars an hour minimum wage more than the US as well.

lets see i paid 160k for my kids college,  lets call it 500k for med insurance over the last 25 years.    denmarks average tax rate of 45% is twice the average effective rate i paid if not more.   It would have cost me over a million in extra taxes.  US FTW yet again.  

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

lets see i paid 160k for my kids college,  lets call it 500k for med insurance over the last 25 years.    denmarks average tax rate of 45% is twice the average effective rate i paid if not more.   It would have cost me over a million in extra taxes.  US FTW yet again.  

The US is 24%

8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Who knew?

Snopes checked AOC's claim Danish McDonald's paying over 20 bucks an hour...

There is no minimum wage there, but there is a pretty good union 

The agreement with McDonalds does not only include salary per. hour and 6 weeks holiday. There is extra charge for evening and night work. Payment for seniority, holiday payment (Easter and Christmas for example, (100%), on top of all payment there is an extra 6.85%, Pension plan for employees from the age of 20 (12%). 

The 3F union rep told us that agreements are renewed every few years. The most recent agreement from 2020 has McDonald’s employees over the age of 18 earning a minimum of DKK 127,24 (about $20.59) per hour, with a slight increase in 2021 (DKK 129,74 or about $21 per hour) and 2022 (DKK 132,24 or $21.40).

And everyone gets 5 weeks vacation by law. McD's employees get an extra week. 

And, about prices? 

Another point that is often raised when comparing McDonald’s wages in Denmark vs. the United States is how much these wages impact menu prices. While we can’t provide any exact figures here, we can say that the change in price isn’t extreme. A review by The New York Times, for instance, found that Big Macs cost “about 27 cents more on average in Denmark than in the United States.” But according to the “Big Mac Index” from the Economist, a Big Mac costs 76 cents less in “Denmark (US $4.90) than in the United States (US$5.66) at market exchange rates.”

Then why the fuck don't you move your dumb ass to Denmark and get yourself one of those fuckin awesome burger flippin jobs??  You could make bank on those holiday pay hours!   Don't forget they would tax the fuck out of those great wages you would be making...something near 45% of every dollar you make. 

Careful for what you wish for pampers....

4 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

Then why the fuck don't you move your dumb ass to Denmark and get yourself one of those fuckin awesome burger flippin jobs??  You could make bank on those holiday pay hours!   Don't forget they would tax the fuck out of those great wages you would be making...something near 45% of every dollar you make. 

Careful for what you wish for pampers....

The liar is pro union,,,except for his BILs company.

6 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

So how many that seem to know everything about small businesses pay 15 an hour? 

McLiar and the dumbfuck need not reply. 

I paid kids $20 an hour over a decade ago. Anyone who pays $15 an hour is a cheap fuck

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I paid kids $20 an hour over a decade ago. Anyone who pays $15 an hour is a cheap fuck

Would anybody here even get out of bed for $15/hr? But they are gonna be pissed if it's mentioned that somebody else should get paid that. Ffs

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Would anybody here even get out of bed for $15/hr? But they are gonna be pissed if it's mentioned that somebody else should get paid that. Ffs

Paying people what the work is worth is what it is all about.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

🤣🤣

4E0C6065-7144-43BB-A7BA-6BE7DD0E2DAE.jpeg.53c371e09189df7f7804174de2e3c242.jpeg

I make more for my company than you made any year of your life. And that is a fact... :lol:

And for the record, I make more for the company than any other employee in our 70 plus driver center.

• Gold Member
59 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I told you he was a Piece Of Shit.

And I voted accordingly.  Oh and @Mainecat GREAT replies and even better intelligent arguments on this topic.  1. calls me angry 2. says ya da ya da ya da.  Sums up the liberal argument theory right there....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

And I voted accordingly.  Oh and @Mainecat GREAT replies and even better intelligent arguments on this topic.  1. calls me angry 2. says ya da ya da ya da.  Sums up the liberal argument theory right there....

OK Poopsie whatever your pea brain thinks.

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

so basically half that of denmark  and in this country real easy to make well into 6 figures and pay less than 15%.  even making bank i never crested 30% effective

You forgot to add the childcare. It’s no cost in Denmark. It’s about 20K per year here. 

Just now, Mainecat said:

You forgot to add the childcare. It’s no cost in Denmark. It’s about 20K per year here. 

Nope i did not pay child care but even if i did 7 years of it at 20k per year is still not the half million in extra taxes.