Check your account email address ×

Bhen and his clutch argument

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The other thing about adding boost to turbo's is where the boost is added.   When  I first started boosting my 998 I had two different sets of tunes.   Trail and "race."   The trail tunes didn't add boost till a certain RPM was reached.   I think around 7700.   Done to keep trail mileage like stock.   Personally I didn't like these.   The so called race tunes added it more across the board.   I thought they were way better.  

"Listen you stupid faggot ass cocksucker.....You are fucking clueless. You can’t even begin to answer because you know nothing".

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You've said from the start that clutching has basically no benefits in sled modding.  Now, I know you are still trying to morph this into some type of win for you but...it's a big fail.  Go sit down.

That is 100% false and a complete intentional lie

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The other thing about adding boost to turbo's is where the boost is added.   When  I first started boosting my 998 I had two different sets of tunes.   Trail and "race."   The trail tunes didn't add boost till a certain RPM was reached.   I think around 7700.   Done to keep trail mileage like stock.   Personally I didn't like these.   The so called race tunes added it more across the board.   I thought they were way better.  

Fact is 75% of guys would look at you with the deer in the headlights look when you ask them about how their sled is back shifting.  :lol:  

It isn’t for mileage....the boost is ramped in later on pump gas tunes because detonation is more prone to occur at lower rpms and letting them rev higher as boost is increased allows for more power on pump gas

Now please get back to answering how you would define over rev on a turbo motor as that was the first thing you mentioned.

Thanks

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'd say it's spot on. You've talked yourself in so many circles you can't remember where you started.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"Listen you stupid faggot ass cocksucker.....You are fucking clueless. You can’t even begin to answer because you know nothing".

:lol:

I stand by what you and I said.   For the vast, vast majority of riders and conditions stock clutching is very good.  Improving backshifting or maybe a bit of top speed or a bit quicker in 600 is relatively easy.   Making noticeable improvements across the board?   Not easy.  Personally I ride a lot of tighter trails.   I'm not a top speed guy anymore.   Been there done that.   I want instant snappy clutching on my trail sleds.   I hate sleds with poor backshift on the trails I mostly ride.   My son clutched his 14 800 that way.   Really runs on top and not bad drag racing but IMO is not a great trail set up.   To each their own. 

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You've said from the start that clutching has basically no benefits in sled modding.  Now, I know you are still trying to morph this into some type of win for you but...it's a big fail.  Go sit down.

VVVVVVV

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

"The statement "clutching is beneficial" is just about as dumb as it gets :lol:"

VVVVVV

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

I'd say it's spot on. You've talked yourself in so many circles you can't remember where you started.

I just know he's a "cutter".  Nobody likes to bleed like Benny!  :lol:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Plenty of things.   To start you will likely over rev.   You also could upshift much faster than  your secondary can handle causing slippage there.   You don't want to start a clutching debate with me Ben.   I actually design and build a CVT product.   Do you build products containing CVT's? 

My comment holds true.   For the vast majority of riders stock clutching these days is very good.   Most riders you can make a change on their sled and ask how is it.   They will say oh man that's really great.   Then you ask them how its better and they have zero clue as to why.   Vast majority of people have zero butt dyno awareness.  

He has the "BEN ULTIMATE CLUTCH KIT"

For $400 you get a ziplock full of air and an instruction manual stating "STOCK IS GOOD ENOUGH"

:owned:

Just now, awful knawful said:

He has the "BEN ULTIMATE CLUTCH KIT"

For $400 you get a ziplock full of air and an instruction manual stating "STOCK IS GOOD ENOUGH"

:owned:

HOLY!!!!!!!!!111  :lol:

ahahahhaahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahah

Can somebody please shut this thread down now?  @ckf?  Please, in the name of humanity!!!!!!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, HSR said:

Wrong....I’ve made two statement

1. Stock turbo clutching can work well and provide gains when tuned

2. The same clutch setup can be run across a wide range of HP

Those two statements are 100% accurate. Anything that has been convoluted and twisted has been done so by morons like you and your lapdogs who knows nothing like mouthful and dave

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It isn’t for mileage....the boost is ramped in later on pump gas tunes because detonation is more prone to occur at lower rpms and letting them rev higher as boost is increased allows for more power on pump gas

Now please get back to answering how you would define over rev on a turbo motor as that was the first thing you mentioned.

Thanks

All my current tunes (except the 300) add boost early and are pump gas tunes.   The 300 tune adds early but is supposed to run on 94 minimum.   This generally is ok unless I'm using my anti-lag.   Then I need a bit higher. 

I don't create my own tunes Ben.   Don't have time for that.     

I already did.   

Two most insufferable guys on sled topics here.   Ace and Ben a close second.  :lol:  

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

All my current tunes (except the 300) add boost early and are pump gas tunes.   The 300 tune adds early but is supposed to run on 94 minimum.   This generally is ok unless I'm using my anti-lag.   Then I need a bit higher. 

I don't create my own tunes Ben.   Don't have time for that.     

I already did.   

Two most insufferable guys on sled topics here.   Ace and Ben a close second.  :lol:  

Dude....please define over rev concerning a turbo motor. You said it and I’m starting there

Just now, f7ben said:

Dude....please define over rev concerning a turbo motor. You said it and I’m starting there

Dude....dude.....dude..... I already did and posted a dyno chart from DTR. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Wrong....I’ve made two statement

1. Stock turbo clutching can work well and provide gains when tuned

2. The same clutch setup can be run across a wide range of HP

Those two statements are 100% accurate. Anything that has been convoluted and twisted has been done so by morons like you and your lapdogs who knows nothing like mouthful and dave

Accurate but not without its own errors.   Well does not equal optimum.  

Ben you do realize that there is no way anyone on here is going to be convinced that you are some sort of tuner no matter how hard you kick and scream. Best just drop it and move on. Go organize a parade or something

This stock clutching stuff is 100% pumpkin spice shit for basic bitches from tuning companies trying to peddle their wares to citiots 

same thing as with the z1T and it got to the point that those losers were claiming up to 300 hp on pump gas 

Just now, ACE said:

This stock clutching stuff is 100% pumpkin spice shit for basic bitches from tuning companies trying to peddle their wares to citiots

@f7ben this is you ^^^^^^

48 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Fact is 75% of guys would look at you with the deer in the headlights look when you ask them about how their sled is back shifting.  :lol:  

Do turbo sleds typically build boost while cruising?  Never had a turbo sled, but my turbo cars never built any while cruising, only under load.   

Ok, boys.  At this point, I'm just gonna go ahead and duck out.  At a certain point, they stopped cutting Khashoggi up also.  There was no real reason to keep going until he was made into bite size pieces.  :lmao: