Check your account email address ×

Tuned 900T vs stock Winder

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

Yes, a lame engine that runs easily with 800/850 two smokers but you seem to be perpetually butthurt and fixated on it.  Did a Doo salesman spurn your advances at some point?

I walk all over my buddies tuned 900’s. Hell I was beating a highly modified 900 on anchor bay two weeks ago if I could get a good launch even then I was reeling him Back in. Mind you mine isn’t stock. Im no fan of the current 900’s. Im curious about the mach. I think doo Slow playing people . I believe it’s over 200hp and it it is it’s going to Eat stock sidewinders for lunch

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I walk all over my buddies tuned 900’s. Hell I was beating a highly modified 900 on anchor bay two weeks ago if I could get a good launch even then I was reeling him Back in. Mind you mine isn’t stock. Im no fan of the current 900’s. Im curious about the mach. I think doo Slow playing people . I believe it’s over 200hp and it it is it’s going to Eat stock sidewinders for lunch

It would have to be a legit 225hp or more. The g4 chassis doesn’t make speed as well as the winder 

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It would have to be a legit 225hp or more. The g4 chassis doesn’t make speed as well as the winder 

chassis have gotten slower as time progressed.  one of cats advantages selling a decade old chassis.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Is it the chassis or the attack angle of the track which they’ve improved on the mach? 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I swear some of you guys would bitch if your beer was cold and girls pussy was wet.

I always laugh at guys who say "yeah but it should have been this or that."   Sled mfg's don't engineer, design, test, build and warranty sleds for what someone thinks or wants them to be in some unicorn land. 

I think overall the Mach is a hit.   180 HP quick spooling 4 stroke turbo with some absolutely fantastic tech.   First ever semi-active suspension.   First ever FACTORY launch control.   I mean who ever thought we would see a factory launch control/anti lag set up?  Not me.  

This sled while very expensive is really nice for the guy who wants to buy something to out run all existing stock 2 strokes, be a high mileage type sled with crazy good tech the likes we've never seen before.   There are plenty of middle age men who have done the whole mod game and just want a great riding, great performing, reliable sled that they can keep stock and still have aftermarket type bells and whistles.  

Would I choose this over a current Tcat or Winder?   Likely not but I'm not thru the 300hp phase either.  Personally I think it will sell pretty good and the tech pushes all others into a place I'm not sure stock sleds would be ever much less now.     

:thumbsup:BRP. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I swear some of you guys would bitch if your beer was cold and girls pussy was wet.

I always laugh at guys who say "yeah but it should have been this or that."   Sled mfg's don't engineer, design, test, build and warranty sleds for what someone thinks or wants them to be in some unicorn land. 

I think overall the Mach is a hit.   180 HP quick spooling 4 stroke turbo with some absolutely fantastic tech.   First ever semi-active suspension.   First ever FACTORY launch control.   I mean who ever thought we would see a factory launch control/anti lag set up?  Not me.  

This sled while very expensive is really nice for the guy who wants to buy something to out run all existing stock 2 strokes, be a high mileage type sled with crazy good tech the likes we've never seen before.   There are plenty of middle age men who have done the whole mod game and just want a great riding, great performing, reliable sled that they can keep stock and still have aftermarket type bells and whistles.  

Would I choose this over a current Tcat or Winder?   Likely not but I'm not thru the 300hp phase either.  Personally I think it will sell pretty good and the tech pushes all others into a place I'm not sure stock sleds would be ever much less now.     

I agree with all points. I think the Mach is cool. I truely think brp is low balling the hp like yamaha did on the winder. We already know that you chassis is better than the cat chassis we know that they do suspension is better so if it’s close and power in a better chassis it’s going to be a better package

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

It’s garbage on an antique chassis 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm sure its gonna be an over achiever, and I will guess it will run with stock winders.  It fucking better for 20 grand.  

the prices across the board are out of control this year.  I'll have quotes on 3 sleds and i am hoping to just get close to 15k

BTW, this is from a turbo Renegade with some minor mods last weekend....same mods in a Mach Z oughta be good for at least another 3-5 mph minimum

A0D2CA6C-0C4C-4BCD-9F10-C00148564FC4.jpeg.b8563d89f8145e33618b5194b38812a4.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

is that silverbacks stocker :dunno:  

well he says its stock  :lol:  has his speed track and big rear axle setup but thats still hauling.  This is my stock 146 850.  Was reading 105 on the digital dreamometer.  I could probably squeak a few more mph out of it in better conditions but fast enough for me.

156474031_197515188822738_2406569346303138947_n.jpg

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yep. Mach is going lay a gape on the tcats and winders. Cat is getting beat by trudeau on all levels, how embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

well he says its stock  :lol:  has his speed track and big rear axle setup but thats still hauling.  This is my stock 146 850.  Was reading 105 on the digital dreamometer.  I could probably squeak a few more mph out of it in better conditions but fast enough for me.

Yeah I don't really care about 100+ but if I did I would get that mach z...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Those winders could make 300hp stock and still more people will buy the skidoo. 

True and mainly because if anyone actually test rides them both and values handling at all there is no contest.  Run miles of long straight stretches and super wide sweepers?  The yamacat is perfectly fine - just add another 200HP and you may actually even use it there.  In the trees with lots of  90 degree turns?  It handles and feels like a fucking two ton buffalo in comparison and no amount of power add can help you out. 

BRP spent some time and money making sure the engine placement was right with the G4 wide.  It's very well balanced and while on paper my XRS 900T is 20lbs heavier than my 1200 in the XS chassis was it feels and handles so much lighter in comparison.  There is an even wider gap when you are talking about comparing it to a winder that weighs in 70lbs heavier than my sled.   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jdsky said:

True and mainly because if anyone actually test rides them both and values handling at all there is no contest.  Run miles of long straight stretches and super wide sweepers?  The yamacat is perfectly fine - just add another 200HP and you may actually even use it there.  In the trees with lots of  90 degree turns?  It handles and feels like a fucking two ton buffalo in comparison and no amount of power add can help you out. 

BRP spent some time and money making sure the engine placement was right with the G4 wide.  It's very well balanced and while on paper my XRS 900T is 20lbs heavier than my 1200 in the XS chassis was it feels and handles so much lighter in comparison.  There is an even wider gap when you are talking about comparing it to a winder that weighs in 70lbs heavier than my sled.   

I ended up buying a 19 Renegade 900t Adremaline with base model shocks, after I blew up my 17 Assault to smithereens.  Sucked cuz i loved that sled too.  I needed a fresh one so I wouldn't miss riding time and they had a pretty black turbo on the floor.  I fell in love with that thing and ended up putting 2500 miles on it first season.  Offseason I put a 16x137x1.75 track, wider skis, adjustable riser and a bunch of shit to make it better when the snow got deep.  Best and most favorite sled I've even owned.  It was all good until I put it on the roof and it landed on the throttle.  It was wfo for almost 10 seconds until the crank dry seized and that was that.  Got it going an hour later and thought it was fine, but a week later pushed a rod though the crankcase, and that was that.  :lol:  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

my freerides would never clear 100 and thats OK  current sleds right where yours is.