Check your account email address ×

Just put my deposit in on a 700hp+ pickup

BOHICA

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Rivian R1T with the 400+ mile battery.  

Nice.  Its going to be interesting to see these trucks come to market, along with other efforts from Fisker, Nikola, Tesla, etc..  1000 buck deposit......you got me thinking.  :lol: 

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice.  Its going to be interesting to see these trucks come to market, along with other efforts from Fisker, Nikola, Tesla, etc..  1000 buck deposit......you got me thinking.  :lol: 

Refundable.....  these won’t be out till january 2022 ...  Unless Biden changes the tax credits Tesla (cyber truck) and GMC (Hummer)are all out of them so these newer manufactures will most likely ultimately provide the better value...  $7500 in tax credit takes it down to 70k for a pretty loaded up 750 hp pickup with the max battery.  Max battery is a 10k option so it could be had for 60k after fed tax credit with the 300 mile battery

my step kid is on the Tesla cyber truck preorder and he makes plenty of coin to afford it so I know he will have one of those when they get them out

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Somebody that is scared to drive a sportscar.  Damn Bohica...whats wrong witcha?

No faster pickup in the US in 2021...   there are prolly only 2 quicker accelerating American made vehicles in 2021 that will accelerate faster...  C8 corvette and the Tesla model S which is easily the quickest car ever made in the US

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

No faster pickup in the US in 2021...   there are prolly only 2 quicker accelerating American made vehicles in 2021 that will accelerate faster...  C8 corvette and the Tesla model S which is easily the quickest car ever made in the US

Dude...I'm no stranger for performance and my tundra has long tubes and a tune bringing to some serious HP but.....I'm not about to go racing with another truck over it all.  That's weird to me.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Dude...I'm no stranger for performance and my tundra has long tubes and a tune bringing to some serious HP but.....I'm not about to go racing with another truck over it all.  That's weird to me.

Me neither but the performance is there if need be.  Would be fun to head to my local dragway and blow some mullet’s away.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Me neither but the performance is there if need be.  Would be fun to head to my local dragway and blow some mullet’s away.

It's funny...and only there because I want it to be but, I can smoke all four tires in 4wd on a hot summers day if I felt like it.  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Drive 200 miles, unload and ride, drive 200 home. People do that every weekend here. No where to recharge.

Put a gas powered generator in the trailer

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Drive 200 miles, unload and ride, drive 200 home. People do that every weekend here. No where to recharge.

Dude doesn't even ride snowmobiles anymore so he's all set. :snack:

20 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Dude doesn't even ride snowmobiles anymore so he's all set. :snack:

Just realized that so it's not for US, meaning people who actually ride snowmobiles.  Nice way to burn 80K I guess, I paid $78K for my house.  I hope these electric trucks work out but for trucks I think gas or deisel is the way to go for anything more than a grocery getter or shop foreman or parts truck.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Why would I want to do that?  Somebody may want too but it’s not me.

I priced one up a couple weeks ago.  Waiting for Ford to release more details on their all electric truck and also the Tundra hybrid coming out.  Looks like there are going to be several new truck/suv hybrids available in the next 6-18 months. 

I know a couple people that work at Rivian HQ and they say it’s a great company. Ive heard they have some real interesting stuff coming down the pipe. The truck is just the beginning, and I like what I see so far.

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

What's the speed limit where you are? 

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

He's talking acceleration not top speed.

Yes I knew that.

The only ticket I ever had was from excessive acceleration, only went +/- 500 feet but got stopped, was 1969, fine was $23. LOL