Check your account email address ×

Fauci: COVID-19 Won't 'Be Pandemic for a Lot Longer'

22 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The hardest part was staying home for 10 days from the first symptom.  I fucking drank a lot of beer and got a lot of shit done at the house that I had no plans on doing at that time and was suppose to be a project for later date.

I had plenty to do around the house and took a couple weeks off.  I worked about a half hour a day, 5 minutes at a time.  Still drank more than average and sat around more than I should have  :lol:  Wife had a "cold" for 2 days and my sinuses were fucky for a couple days

Our local hospital is filling up and the schools just closed for the rest of the month.

But all the restaurants and bars were full on my drive home today. 

Wonder why it's spreading... 🤦‍♂️

This whole thing has shown just how entitled and inconsiderate people can be.

• Like 1

Just now, motonoggin said:

Our local hospital is filling up and the schools just closed for the rest of the month.

Its blown up for sure.  Only thing i watch are the hospitalization and death rates, and the ages impacted.  I wonder why its "spreading" too, probably for different reasons  :bc: 

It's pretty obvious as to why it's spiking again. It's fall. 

School is back in, people are spending more time together indoors, crisis fatigue has set in and people have dropped their guard. 

My buddy just quit a waiter job at a local steakhouse a couple weeks ago to take another job. Over a dozen of their people got Covid and now they're closed, he dodged a bullet. But it's happening again just like it did in April. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If you already had it why do those people need to lock themselves up and shutdown.    It’s not like they can get it and spread it again....  extremely rare and essential non existence of case across the globe of reinfection after already having it. 

science has said thru studies that immunity will last 6 months and possibly years.  

Just now, BOHICA said:

If you already had it why do those people need to lock themselves up and shutdown.    It’s not like they can get it and spread it again....  extremely rare and essential non existence of case across the globe of reinfection after already having it. 

science has said thru studies that immunity will last 6 months and possibly years.  

Lol ok

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

School is back in, people are spending more time together indoors, crisis fatigue has set in and people have dropped their guard. 

My buddy just quit a waiter job at a local steakhouse a couple weeks ago to take another job. Over a dozen of their people got Covid and now they're closed, he dodged a bullet. But it's happening again just like it did in April. 

Crisis fatigue is a big part of it. Most I talk to are done with this BS. 

Family has it right now.  Either came from my Mom (73) or my Wife's Co-Worker (38).  Wife, Me, Kids all started with headaches & sinus pressure, the day the kids and my headache ended the Wife got full on sinus type congestion and lost taste/smell, day later she tested positive, day after that sinus congestion went away.  We're on day 16 from exposure and day 14 from Headache Symptoms, day 7 from Wife Positive test.  Kid is getting an Antigen test tomorrow to see if she can get back to playing sports.  Wife and I were doing all the regular husband/wife things right up to her positive test so I can't imagine that I didn't get it.

Wife's parents 69 & 70 came down with congestion/cough couple of days ago. 

All in, I would say the worst part of the experience is having to take the kids out of everything, contact the kids the kids hung out with during Halloween and the disappointment they also endured having to miss out on sports/school.  You feel like a typhoid mary.   The covid itself, I've had hangovers that lasted longer and were more debilitating.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, motonoggin said:

It’s not a deadly fucking disease. Enough of this bullshit 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Covid 19 has a mortality rate rivaling paper cuts for people under 80 years old. Quit being a fucking retard 

Haven't even passed seasonal flu deaths here.

What a pile of fucking sheep.

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

It has nothing to do with health and everything to do with control.

Correct....I was referencing average people who are still perpetuating this idiocy and thinking they are helping though 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Correct....I was referencing average people who are still perpetuating this idiocy and thinking they are helping though 

Joe Biden, plain and simple is not President elect. That is how easy it is to manipulate seemingly good people to believe anything.

The media won't even entertain a view that doesn't fit with the governors apocalypse narrative.  Now, we are suppose to believe with every precaution we have put in place a handful of non-mask wearers have caused the virus to explode.  Having people over for thanksgiving dinner all masked up, standing six feet apart?  just stop. stay home if you are that afraid. 

10 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Dry air during the heating season allows viruses to move through the air with greater ease. That helps to increase spread. So far I’ve dodged the bullet despite being around several who had it. My niece’s husband got it and landed in ICU. His brother died a week before. Both were in good health. I’ve heard of other cases where it effects certain families more than others. Possibly some genetic glitches that give the virus an advantage? Wisconsin’s massive spread is coming from the bar scene. There’s no real coherent guidelines coming from government. Still!! After all these months. It’s still knee jerk reactions with no strategy or explanation. Quite honestly it’s an embarrassment. It’s also incredibly stressful for healthcare workers. Many are quitting due in part to health related stress disorders. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Dry air during the heating season allows viruses to move through the air with greater ease. That helps to increase spread. So far I’ve dodged the bullet despite being around several who had it. My niece’s husband got it and landed in ICU. His brother died a week before. Both were in good health. I’ve heard of other cases where it effects certain families more than others. Possibly some genetic glitches that give the virus an advantage? Wisconsin’s massive spread is coming from the bar scene. There’s no real coherent guidelines coming from government. Still!! After all these months. It’s still knee jerk reactions with no strategy or explanation. Quite honestly it’s an embarrassment. It’s also incredibly stressful for healthcare workers. Many are quitting due in part to health related stress disorders. 

Too bad they haven’t consulted @f7ben and @Snake.  I read on here it’s a good idea to look towards a hack electrician and Union delivery boy for medical advice...:snack:

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Dry air during the heating season allows viruses to move through the air with greater ease. That helps to increase spread. So far I’ve dodged the bullet despite being around several who had it. My niece’s husband got it and landed in ICU. His brother died a week before. Both were in good health. I’ve heard of other cases where it effect certain families more than others. Possibly some genetic glitches that give the virus an advantage? Wisconsin’s massive spread is coming from the bar scene. There’s no real coherent guidelines coming from government. Still!! After all these months. It’s still knee jerk reactions with no strategy or explanation. Quite honestly it’s an embarrassment. It’s also incredibly stressful for healthcare workers. Many are quitting due in part to health related stress disorders. 

I believe blood type may be a  factor.  I slept a foot away from my wife and never caught it.  

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Dry air during the heating season allows viruses to move through the air with greater ease. That helps to increase spread. So far I’ve dodged the bullet despite being around several who had it. My niece’s husband got it and landed in ICU. His brother died a week before. Both were in good health. I’ve heard of other cases where it effect certain families more than others. Possibly some genetic glitches that give the virus an advantage? Wisconsin’s massive spread is coming from the bar scene. There’s no real coherent guidelines coming from government. Still!! After all these months. It’s still knee jerk reactions with no strategy or explanation. Quite honestly it’s an embarrassment. It’s also incredibly stressful for healthcare workers. Many are quitting due in part to health related stress disorders. 

Total BULLSHIT.  Did your niece's husband catch it in a bar?  Did his brother catch it in a bar?  The bars do not help, but schools, etc are just as much of a problem as bars are.   And for reference, this didn't hit hard in wisconsin until schools started and sports started.  You want to slow the spread, go virtual and stop current pro and college and other sports.  They require close personal contact and promote social gatherings.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Total BULLSHIT.  Did your niece's husband catch it in a bar?  Did his brother catch it in a bar?  The bars do not help, but schools, etc are just as much of a problem as bars are.   And for reference, this didn't hit hard in wisconsin until schools started and sports started.  You want to slow the spread, go virtual and stop current pro and college and other sports.  They require close personal contact and promote social gatherings.

Or the hack SC could support Evers :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I believe blood type may be a  factor.  I slept a foot away from my wife and never caught it.  

Here’s the problem, we’ve all been left guessing, There has been no sustained effort that discusses methods to boost immunity against the virus. It’s been proven that higher vitamin D levels and zinc are protective. While masks should’ve been mandated from the beginning, ideas to boost immune response should’ve been pushed harder. Clinical studies are conclusive. Those with low vitamin D levels are more likely to be hospitalized and possibly die. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Snake said:

Joe Biden, plain and simple is not President elect. That is how easy it is to manipulate seemingly good people to believe anything.

true,  he won't be till 12/12 but nothing Trump does at this point is going to change that

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Here’s the problem, we’ve all been left guessing, There has been no sustained effort that discusses methods to boost immunity against the virus. It’s been proven that higher vitamin D levels and zinc are protective. While masks should’ve been mandated from the beginning, ideas to boost immune response should’ve been pushed harder. Clinical studies are conclusive. Those with low vitamin D levels are more likely to be hospitalized and possibly die. 

the disinformation from both sides has not been helpful.  this is where some leadership skills would haev been helpful from the top.  Even if the advice changed as we learned more a united voice would be better than a dividing message.  

Biden is not capable of making that any better.  he won't get cooperation from half the governors out there and has no legal basis to do anything.