Check your account email address ×

iphone or android

16 minutes ago, snowstorm said:

what do you prefer? i have a samsung s5 with the green flashing screen. when its charged it flashes green when you turn it on if flashes. it is 2 yrs old so maybe its time. not interested in the latest greatest. just tuff and dependable. 

There are many manu's of Droids who produce various phones for all types, so if its tuff you are looking for its likely Droid.  Not a big fan of Samsung, like my Moto though. 

If you used to a Samsung stick with a Samsung, apple is very very different than what you are used to.

My work has switched back and forth between both and once you are used to one it's very hard to get used to something else.

My wife has an LG and the OS is a little different than my Samsung even though both running android.

4 minutes ago, soupkid said:

If you used to a Samsung stick with a Samsung, apple is very very different than what you are used to.

My work has switched back and forth between both and once you are used to one it's very hard to get used to something else.

My wife has an LG and the OS is a little different than my Samsung even though both running android.

They are not stock Droid, instead custom droid builds packed with a lot of bloatware.  That is one of the things I like about the Moto, its was the closest to stock I have ever owned.  Some people will root them and then you can load many custom builds freely available. 

Hard to beat an iphone IMO.  My IP6 is two years old and I've rebooted maybe three times since I got it.  I like not having to screw around with a glitchy phone.  It does have to be in a good case unless you never get dirty.  Some of the droids are more rugged if you don't like using a case.  

Ive got the new Moto Z by Motorola..I disliked it at 1st but after having a couple days to tinker with it I like it about as much as my Samsung Note4....its an Android.

I for one will never have an Iphone.

Edited by Dave

Droid Turbo 2 here and love it, my daughter has all that apple shit and has to upgrade frequently, my Co. is a droid too just don't know which 1 it is which we do all our Co. buisness on don't want a iphone

was a samsung galaxy phone user and switched to iphone 6.  Don't regret.  my samsung had so many issues.  My GF had the samsung S5 and it was no better.  Been a great phone, lightning charger is super fast to charge. :bc:

We had androids before and they were constantly crashing, and glitchy as hell. Switched to apple in 2014 and all those issues went away. 

Maybe the newer androids are better? IDK. 

But we never had good luck with windows stuff either, so everything we have is apple now, and the apple ecosystem works very very well together between all the devices. 

We don't root or jailbreak stuff anymore either though. If I was still doing that I would most likely be on android. 

I've had Android for work and IPhones for personal use for years. In that time I've had maybe 12-15 Androids of various manufactures and models, on my 3rd iPhone. I prefer the Android interface slightly over iOS, but finding one that isnt a glitchy piece of shit is difficult, iPhones have been mostly flawless. When I'm done with the iPhones I sell them for a couple hundred, Androids usually die in a year or less.

5 hours ago, snowstorm said:

what do you prefer? i have a samsung s5 with the green flashing screen. when its charged it flashes green when you turn it on if flashes. it is 2 yrs old so maybe its time. not interested in the latest greatest. just tuff and dependable. 

if you are used ot android i would stay,  i bought a 6s plus early summer and hated it and dumped it in a week but i've had android for years.  if your on verizon their deal at $15/mo for the S7 is pretty good.  i traded a note 4 for a Google Pixel XL on turkey day that they ended up paying me to take after trade so theres deals out there.  I also got an Iphone 7 for half price trading in an old Iphone 5 for my daughter. In both cases it was better to take the latest and greatest than buy a gen old phone which i normally do.  

4 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

I use both daily, iphone for work and droid personal.

They both have good and bad but id take a droid every time...mainly becuase

Fast charge

Expandable memory 

And better camera. I use the camera alot for work. My wife's iPhone takes shitty pictures. Whenever we are doing family stuff we use my phone for pictures and videos.

I have a Motorola turbo2. It's been pretty flawless and with the fast charger I can charge near full in a half hour. 15 minutes will get me plenty really. And no exploding battery like the Samsung... :bc:

Just now, Anler said:

And better camera. I use the camera alot for work. My wife's iPhone takes shitty pictures. Whenever we are doing family stuff we use my phone for pictures and videos.

I have a Motorola turbo2. It's been pretty flawless and with the fast charger I can charge near full in a half hour. 15 minutes will get me plenty really. And no exploding battery like the Samsung... :bc:

70% in 15 minutes if i use the charger that came with my Pixel,  it's pretty impressive although i do wish it had wireless charging like the note 7 i wanted before they blew up.  

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

My moto z seems to charge up from almost dead in 30 mins with the turbo charger. :bc:

Apple has not been a innovator since jobs checked out. they have become his worst nightmare a me to comp . we have had at least 1 apple in our house for over 15 yrs cuz of my wifes line of work it is all they have been using. but even the creative industry's are starting to change over

Edited by Ez ryder