Check your account email address ×

20 Dead in Gay Club Shooting.....

6 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

B,come on..nobody was shooting back at him and he had 3 hours! ;bc:

For 100 people crying screaming begging for their lives. You have to be trained to handle all that.   

Just now, Axys1 said:

For 100 people crying screaming begging for their lives. You have to be trained to handle all that.   

He was a security guard for crying out loud .

What you think he had some terrorist training? 

6 hours ago, SnowRider said:

No shit.  Look at WI eliminating the 48 hours.  They are not comprehensive enough....that's my point.  Waiting periods should be mandatory.  Who needs a gun immediately? 

image.jpeg

https://m.facebook.com/?hrc=1&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fh.facebook.com%2Fhr%2Fr&_rdr#!/189290231123571/photos/a.189323304453597.65961.189290231123571/1211679958884588/?type=3&source=48&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6295752686159041188%3Amf_story_key.-6338767854077080166&__tn__=Ein

Military assault weapon. :lmao:

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I agree that was stupid. But do you think with that background he should have even had access to a gun of any kind? 

• Platinum Contributing Member

29 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

That guy was highly trained IMO thats a helluva lot of damage for one guy to do. 

Seriously?  No.  There wouldn't be any wounded and there'd be triple the deaths.  Hell, in that time, he could have made his own ammo as he went.  Not sure what he did for 3 hours?  Maybe stopped for a "blow" and a handful of hairy ass.  

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

:bc:  Written by a friend of mine.....who travels the world with the State Department and is currently in Turkey   Some of the site degenerates should take note:  

As a gay man, I refuse to allow bigots to use an attack on my community as an excuse to demonize another group of people. It's especially galling that the same people, including elected officials and other politicians, who issue calls to honor the victims in their death, fought to deny those victims their fundamental rights -- to marry the person they loved, to work a job free of discrimination, to serve in the armed forces -- during the victims' lifetimes, simply because they were LGBT. Despite efforts by some to make this about Islam or terrorism, the most important fact is that the largest mass shooting in American history was an attack against LGBT people, the majority of whom were people of color. But should we be surprised that LGBT people of color were gunned down in a country where politicians are rewarded -- most notably with the presidential nomination of one of the major political parties -- by bashing immigrants, transgender individuals, and other minority groups? 

But all of that being said, I will not give in to hate, and I do not think the majority of my fellow Americans will either. Hours before the gunman opened fire, my husband and I were blessed with the presence of an amazingly diverse group of friends at our housewarming, as Thais chatted with Turks who laughed with gays who mingled with Muslims who joked with straights who amused atheists who conversed with Buddhists, all through a glorious Babel of languages while eating foods of world. So when you tell me that I must hate a certain group of people for the actions of one of the purported members of that group, I am going to have to tell you to go fuck yourself, because that's just not fucking logical, nor healthy, for that matter. Richard Nixon -- who was well-versed in hate, revenge, and regret -- once said: "Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself." 

We have a flawed, but great country. Let's not destroy it and ourselves by giving in to fear and hatred.

Edited by Zambroski

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Seriously?  No.  There wouldn't be any wounded and there'd be triple the deaths.  Hell, in that time, he could have made his own ammo as he went.  Not sure what he did for 3 hours?  Maybe stopped for a "blow" and a handful of hairy ass.  

Man you guys are cold. 

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

:bc:  Written by a friend of mine.....who travels the world with the State Department and is currently in Turkey   Some of the site degenerates should take note:  

As a gay man, I refuse to allow bigots to use an attack on my community as an excuse to demonize another group of people. It's especially galling that the same people, including elected officials and other politicians, who issue calls to honor the victims in their death, fought to deny those victims their fundamental rights -- to marry the person they loved, to work a job free of discrimination, to serve in the armed forces -- during the victims' lifetimes, simply because they were LGBT. Despite efforts by some to make this about Islam or terrorism, the most important fact is that the largest mass shooting in American history was an attack against LGBT people, the majority of whom were people of color. But should we be surprised that LGBT people of color were gunned down in a country where politicians are rewarded -- most notably with the presidential nomination of one of the major political parties -- by bashing immigrants, transgender individuals, and other minority groups? 

But all of that being said, I will not give in to hate, and I do not think the majority of my fellow Americans will either. Hours before the gunman opened fire, my husband and I were blessed with the presence of an amazingly diverse group of friends at our housewarming, as Thais chatted with Turks who laughed with gays who mingled with Muslims who joked with straights who amused atheists who conversed with Buddhists, all through a glorious Babel of languages while eating foods of world. So when you tell me that I must hate a certain group of people for the actions of one of the purported members of that group, I am going to have to tell you to go fuck yourself, because that's just not fucking logical, nor healthy, for that matter. Richard Nixon -- who was well-versed in hate, revenge, and regret -- once said: "Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself." 

We have a flawed, but great country. Let's not destroy it and ourselves by giving in to fear and hatred.

:lies:

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

BS!

3 hours ago, Ebsell said:

I agree that was stupid. But do you think with that background he should have even had access to a gun of any kind? 

He's a fuckin Muslim .  You can't deny them anything or else your a racist and most likely will end up getting sued out of business.

9 hours ago, Cold War said:

I hope you are being sarcastic.

Um, three innocent children were just killed in Detroit recently.

Tell me all about it without having to Google it.

4 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, that's real intelligent.

You sound like a fool.

You obviously lack the maturity to have a normal conversation.............so, good luck.  

I'm not the fool who can't grasp that three kids who were killed in Detroit while being very tragic just doesn't have the the magnitude of 50 people being killed and 50 people being wounded in one shooting by one gunman, and anyone who can't grasp the enormity of the event shouldn't be calling anyone out for a lack of maturity.

14 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

He's a fuckin Muslim .  You can't deny them anything or else your a racist and most likely will end up getting sued out of business.

Forget religion. I mean anyone with his history? 

2 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Forget religion. I mean anyone with his history? 

It is pretty insane that this prick had a weapon .   I haven't followed it today as I'm simply too disgusted with the whole matter so I dunno if he purchased it legally or not.   :bc:

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

It is pretty insane that this prick had a weapon .   I haven't followed it today as I'm simply too disgusted with the whole matter so I dunno if he purchased it legally or not.   :bc:

He bought them legally just days prior to the shooting. I don't believe more gun laws are the answer, just enforce the ones you have now. 

12 hours ago, Cold War said:

Good point.

Why are we not targeting those who have the greatest probability of gun violence?

Why is it when 50 people get shot over the weekend in Detroit or Chicago we have no national  out cry, or interest from politicians?

IMO- political correctness is winning out over common sense.

My original post.    :fool:

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

My original post.    :fool:

A mass shooting vs 50 acts of random gang banger violence that make the news everynight, it's like comparing a Sunni suicide bomber that walks into a Baghdad tea shop owned by a Shite that detonates himself killing and a few others to the Saudi's that flew jets into the WTC...........there is a magnitude to certain tragedies that just overshadows the callousness that has built up over the everyday occurrence of murder in the singular or a few. 

At the end of this year over 300 will be dead and double will be wounded in Detroit. Yet, a shooting of 50 dwarfs this in comparison. I'm sure the stats are some what similar in other black urban area's.

What do you believe the percentage of deaths are compared to those dying in mass shootings? 

Hence, my op that it would be advantageous to, maybe, take a look at what's going on there.

No idea why it is causing you so much anger.

Btw. CHW are getting their asses kicked. : )