Check your account email address ×

ECHO, STIHL, OR HUSQVARNA?

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Never said I wouldn't try it, just a waste of time for me, like I stated, it works as advertised for myself and many others whom I sold it to..

there are countless positive reviews and comments on-line from those who tried it and continue to use it, of course you believe they are all wrong or lying for some reason.

It doesn't work at all what so ever, and I'm not a bull shitter so I'll prove it, doesn't remove carbon actually produces carbon build up, and water will not bond to it..but MIB

Just now, irv said:

I exclusively use Sea Foam and have for years. Not saying it works for phase separation but I normally try to use high test/non ethanol fuels (Costco) when I can, especially in my boat. I also believe, for the most part, we have better fuels/gas up here than state side but I could be wrong? 

Ive been running it my boats first tank of the year every year.

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

Ive been running it my boats first tank of the year every year.

I go a little more heavy duty in the spring and of course in the fall before storage. I also, usually, add a splash to each 5 gallon can throughout the summer before I pour it in my boat. I try to do the same with my mower and usually add some to my sleds in the winter as well. 

I know the stuff works at cleaning as my old mower was running like crap/wouldn't stay running one summer so I added a good splash of Sea Foam. It cough, spitted, sputtered but then a big cloud came out and it ran like a charm after that. Not a problem since but I always give it a splash once in a while too. This thing won't die and is likely 30+ yrs old.

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It doesn't work at all what so ever, and I'm not a bull shitter so I'll prove it, doesn't remove carbon actually produces carbon build up, and water will not bond to it..but MIB

So 100% of the 100's perhaps more like 1000's of folks who say it works great are all lying? I really have a hard time believing that, I know I'm not lying, again, if it doesn't work why would I continue using it when I could use anything else?? Why would StarTron not discontinue it if no one liked it? I don't run it in daily use but rather for long term off season storage for dozens of gas powered things we have here..

Ok, so my Stihl BG86c does not want to start.  Replaced the carb, fuel filter, spark plug, cleaned air filter and spark arrestor.  All I can get is like one pop and thats it.  About ready to toss it.  Has good compression, not a ton of hours, should have plenty of life left in it.  Anyone?

28 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Ok, so my Stihl BG86c does not want to start.  Replaced the carb, fuel filter, spark plug, cleaned air filter and spark arrestor.  All I can get is like one pop and thats it.  About ready to toss it.  Has good compression, not a ton of hours, should have plenty of life left in it.  Anyone?

Do you have a way to check spark? Something like this??

IMG_20200907_144900032.jpg

Also replace all fuel lines, they split sometimes, vent can become clogged, or they swell shut from ethanol fuel. Fuel treatments like Seafoam and Startron will also cause swelling and deterioration of those lines..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Rancher is not a pro saw.

My father has one, decent homeowner saw, maybe 5-10 cords a year. It will last a lifetime.

He also has a 363 special and I have 268xp. Those are pro saws.

Yes, but....are we entertaining professional log fellers here?  I think not.

Suck it!  LOL

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve been a husky consumer for a decade.  Good stuff and I just purchased a second Husky rancher saw.  No regrets but, I hear the same great stuff about Stijl.  Echo is a “pro-Sumer” grade.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yes, but....are we entertaining professional log fellers here?  I think not.

Suck it!  LOL

You're the one claiming echo is pro-sumer.

The echo is more pro saw than a rancher.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I just did the old lean it outside the cylinder trick then roped it, spark was readily visible  :dunno: 

Ok, it pops when you hit the primer bulb but no run?

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  Making me crazy  :lol:  

Do all the fuel lines, I'll see if I can get you a part # tomorrow, we seek some kits that's all the lines and a tank seal

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

On my Stihl weed wacker same issue. There's a screen in the carb inlet, it's easy to get to. Mine was plugged with a jelly like substance.

Worth a look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Fuel line takes a serious turn, I bet it's linked, split, or swollen shut if it's an original..

Screenshot_20200907-165235.png

I didn’t inspect it too close, but it looked ok.  Seems to prime alright.  :dunno: 

Edited by DriftBusta

On 9/5/2020 at 7:05 AM, BOHICA said:

I have a couple Stihl’s.  Havent used them since getting the milwaukee.

biggest draw back of the saws you listed is having to get gas.  I hate that shit.

milwaukee ftmfw imo.

0B68111A-5216-45CE-944C-B9E982388984.thumb.jpeg.9f7e78fd49dfdc052018df063ba7681c.jpeg

buy a prius then american faggot

Edited by FrankieJames7

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Fuel line takes a serious turn, I bet it's linked, split, or swollen shut if it's an original..

Screenshot_20200907-165235.png

That and the pulse line are stihl’s Achilles heal. Maybe they’re made out of something more durable. Not difficult to change, just a pain in the ass. 

• Gold Member
37 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

All these years and I never realized how fucking complicated fueling a chain saw could be. :lol: 

Once you get use to reducing gas consumption and not having to make a trip to the gas station to fill up you will realize what a pain in the ass keeping gas cans around...  not that it is difficult to do but just a pain in the ass.

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Once you get use to reducing gas consumption and not having to make a trip to the gas station to fill up you will realize what a pain in the ass keeping gas cans around...  not that it is difficult to do but just a pain in the ass.

The only issue that I ever had with fuel was watered diesel for the kubota tractor. -15 below and stalled in the woods.