Check your account email address ×

Official ATV / UTV / OFFROAD thread

34 minutes ago, smokin george said:

My wife drives ours occasionally and prefers being the passenger. She likes the fact the seats are comfy and it takes the rough trails pretty well

I'll take it over the RZR.

Could be my age talking, but comfort just means more at this point. :lol:

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I'll take it over the RZR.

Could be my age talking, but comfort just means more at this point. :lol:

Generals are a nice compromise between a RZR and a Ranger, RZR's depending on which model do ride somewhat smoother than the General, at least the 6 that my group of friends own.

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Generals are a nice compromise between a RZR and a Ranger, RZR's depending on which model do ride somewhat smoother than the General, at least the 6 that my group of friends own.

Not just that.

Way more room in the rear seats. Since that is where the wimmins like to sit, it needs to be nice.

• Like 1

On a sad side note, a quasi friend of mine was killed this weekend up in The Forks when he and a girl hit a rut and flipped their 4 wheeler. No helmets.

He was a friend of my daughter, came to the house a few times to swim and shit. 32. Too bad....

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

for a gravel road machine I can see the DCT in the talon being the best.  I would love a DCT in my toy car as well,  they are the best of both worlds.   

My new rig has got something I had not heard of before. A wet clutch inside a CVT. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

On a sad side note, a quasi friend of mine was killed this weekend up in The Forks when he and a girl hit a rut and flipped their 4 wheeler. No helmets.

He was a friend of my daughter, came to the house a few times to swim and shit. 32. Too bad....

that sucks.   i don't wear a helmet on a SxS but would on a wheeler like I do a sled.  Too easy to get tossed.  

2 hours ago, Snake said:

That sucks. Always wear a helmet.

Was supposed to go Saturday with a bunch, didn't go.

Young fellas flipped ATV at start of day, had to be carted out.

I guess it was a drunk fest, so glad I didn't go, hate babysitting.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

just looked at the article i had seen this morning about Maine deaths this weekend after seeing snakes post.  3 deaths and none of the 3 were wearing a helmet.   

I have never worn a Helmet on/in a Wheeler..even in the Winter months.

Edited by XCR1250

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well that explains some of your political posts.   hit your head a few too many times i guess.  :news: 

Never hit my head riding sleds or wheelers..do wear my RZR seat belt though as it's the Law, headlights too..

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, f7ben said:

“The law” :lol: 

Yeah, they recently changed the Wheeler headlite Laws, you always had to have them on  on Roads and Routes, not trails, now it was changed to include trails too, fine is $228, I hear folks stopped almost every day while listening to my scanner, not sure if they are issuing warnings or tickets.

Helmets are required if under 18 and seat belts must be worn by everyone..we were just stopped last week, they only checked Registration. Many Wheelers won't go over a couple MPH if the seat belts are not used.

36 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yeah, they recently changed the Wheeler headlite Laws, you always had to have them on  on Roads and Routes, not trails, now it was changed to include trails too, fine is $228, I hear folks stopped almost every day while listening to my scanner, not sure if they are issuing warnings or tickets.

Helmets are required if under 18 and seat belts must be worn by everyone..we were just stopped last week, they only checked Registration. Many Wheelers won't go over a couple MPH if the seat belts are not used.

Ben would rather take the ticket, then come here, so he could whine about the system.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

We have helmet, ins, registration, age restrictions for riders/passengers and trail permits if riding off your property. My sxs won't rev if the driver's belt isn't hooked up

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Never hit my head riding sleds or wheelers..do wear my RZR seat belt though as it's the Law, headlights too..

wearing the belts just smart.  AS is wearing a helmet when on a machine that can easily toss you on your melon.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

wearing the belts just smart.  AS is wearing a helmet when on a machine that can easily toss you on your melon.  

I realize it's possible to be hurt, but after riding rec vehicles for over 60 years with no injuries I just don't wear helmets, even when I had Motorcycles.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:55 AM, Snake said:

Oh shit, sorry to hear Mo....them things are too fast not to wear all the gear you should. I see airbags coming in the near future.