Check your account email address ×

Official ATV / UTV / OFFROAD thread

Just now, f7ben said:

Yes.....you have to display impairment by failing a field sobriety test. You do not get a dui for having a fucking open container. 

Never said open container, I said caught consuming it..

Below, right from Wisconsin DOT.

Definitions

A driver is under the influence when his or her ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired. A person's ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired if he or she is less able to safely control the vehicle because of the consumption of alcohol or controlled substances. This means that if a police officer pulls you over and determines that you are impaired by alcohol and/or any other drug, you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Never said open container, I said caught consuming it..

Below, right from Wisconsin DOT.

Definitions

A driver is under the influence when his or her ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired. A person's ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired if he or she is less able to safely control the vehicle because of the consumption of alcohol or controlled substances. This means that if a police officer pulls you over and determines that you are impaired by alcohol and/or any other drug, you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC.

Nothing you have posted supports your position....I believe you are having a stroke. Please call 9/11 as your cognitive function is significantly diminished. I am praying for you

Just now, f7ben said:

Nothing you have posted supports your position....I believe you are having a stroke. Please call 9/11 as your cognitive function is significantly diminished. I am praying for you

I called my Grand Daughter, she is a cop, she said yes that is the law..

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

You dispute this? From above DOT

you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC.

Yes ....if you fail a fucking field sobriety test.....holy fucking shit Don. You do not get a fucking DUI for simply consuming a beer while driving. What the fuck kind of fucked up idiocy would that be....it’s fucking perfectly legal to do in 6 other states

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes ....if you fail a fucking field sobriety test.....holy fucking shit Don. You do not get a fucking DUI for simply consuming a beer while driving. What the fuck kind of fucked up idiocy would that be....it’s fucking perfectly legal to do in 6 other states

You do NOT have to fail it, if the cop knows you've been drinking you can get ticked for impairment..geez just ask a Wi. cop.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Never once  said DUI. IMPAIRMENT

Just now, XCR1250 said:

You do NOT have to fail it, if the cop knows you've been drinking you can get ticked for impairment..geez just ask a Wi. cop.

They cannot simply ticket you without you displaying impairment. That is the law and it is established via a field sobriety test

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Never once  said DUI. IMPAIRMENT

I’m really saddened that you have chosen to violate Wisconsin law Don. You should be ticketed not more than $200 every time you violate this law

323.28 Penalties.  Whoever intentionally fails to comply with an order issued by an agent of the state or of a local unit of government who is engaged in emergency management activities under this chapter, including training exercises, is subject to a forfeiture of not more than $200.

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

They cannot simply ticket you without you displaying impairment. That is the law and it is established via a field sobriety test

Again, right from the Wi. DOT:

This means that if a police officer pulls you over and determines that you are impaired by alcohol and/or any other drug, you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Again, right from the Wi. DOT:

This means that if a police officer pulls you over and determines that you are impaired by alcohol and/or any other drug, you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC.

And how do they make that determination?

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I've Never been stopped for it. I know better than to drink and drive..saw too many injured and killed.

They have to have a reason to accuse you of being impaired ....it’s called a fucking field sobriety test. Faggot ass pigs can’t just make any accusation they want and arrest you even though I’m sure you’d love it to be that way

Just now, f7ben said:

They have to have a reason to accuse you of being impaired ....it’s called a fucking field sobriety test. Faggot ass pigs can’t just make any accusation they want and arrest you even though I’m sure you’d love it to be that way

Why would I love it that way? I don't drink so don't worry about it.

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Why would I love it that way? I don't drink so don't worry about it.

Well you’re making shit up about consuming beer while driving and not exactly outraged by what you are claiming happens 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well you’re making shit up about consuming beer while driving and not exactly outraged by what you are claiming happens 

I have posted info directly from Wi. DOT about Impaired driving.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why would I be outraged? After seeing enough I just hope folks would never drink and drive, get someone who's not drinking to drive you around if for no other reason than the lives of innocents who may be hurt or killed.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I have posted info directly from Wi. DOT about Impaired driving.

You have posted nothing that says you can be charged with impaired driving for simply drinking a beer while driving. 

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Why would I be outraged? After seeing enough I just hope folks would never drink and drive, get someone who's not drinking to drive you around if for no other reason than the lives of innocents who may be hurt or killed.

Nope.....I really love to drink a cold beer a drive my truck. You’re probably doing far more harm breaking the mask law than I am by drinking the beer.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You have posted nothing that says you can be charged with impaired driving for simply drinking a beer while driving. 

What does this mean to you?

(This means that if a police officer pulls you over and determines that you are impaired by alcohol and/or any other drug, you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC)