Check your account email address ×

Official ATV / UTV / OFFROAD thread

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Unusual, guy here lost everything, even his home because of it..I'll post it minus his name.

You know a guy that lost his home from having an open container in his vehicle?

What kind of fucking commie bullshit is that. 

He now lives on the street: I know him well.

The defendant was charged with both Operating while Intoxicated (3rd) and Operating while Intox.-BAC .1%+ (3rd). The defendant was found guilty of Operating while Intoxicated (3rd) and the other charge, Operating while Intox.-BAC .1%+ (3rd) was dismissed by the court.

• Rick A.------ was found guilty of Operating while Intoxicated (3rd), an unclassified misdemeanor, Wisconsin Statutes 346.63(1).
  • Filing date
    11-15-2007
    Case type
    Civil
    Case status
    Closed
    Class code description
    Foreclosure of Mortgage
    Responsible official
    Yackel, Norman L.
    Branch ID
    Party summary
    Party type Party name Party status
    Plaintiff
    Hayward Community Credit Union

Defendant
     Rick A.--------

Civil Judgment(s)
    Type Debtor name Multiple debtors Amount Satisfaction Judgment status Date
    Foreclosure  Rick A.------- No      

The defendant was charged with both OWI (4th) and Operating w/PAC-Passenger <16 Yrs(2nd) [Modifiers: Alcohol Fine Enhancer]. The defendant was found guilty of OWI (4th) and the other charge, Operating w/PAC-Passenger <16 Yrs(2nd) [Modifiers: Alcohol Fine Enhancer] was dismissed by the court.

Rick A. ------- was found guilty of OWI (4th), an unclassified misdemeanor, Wisconsin Statutes 346.63(1)(a).

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You know a guy that lost his home from having an open container in his vehicle?

What kind of fucking commie bullshit is that. 

He lives on the street now, lost everything even his truck and his job. Stop in sometime, I'll introduce you to Rick.

Just now, f7ben said:

So he didn’t lose anything for drinking a beer while driving

got it

Yeah it's the reason he lost everything..I only posted parts of it as I won't give out the other details so as to identify him.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Yeah it's the reason he lost everything..I only posted parts of it as I won't give out the other details so as to identify him.

No ....it’s not the reason

He was a repeat drunk driving offender. That has absolutely nothing to do with drinking a beer while being under the legal limit. My god man

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He was a repeat drunk driving offender. That has absolutely nothing to do with drinking a beer while being under the legal limit. My god man

In Wisconsin it's considered impaired to have even 1 drink while driving, he was caught 2 other times with open intoxicants..a worker at quik trip in Hayward saw him pop open a beer and turned him in the first time..which set it on a roll.

Rick lived in a Garden Shed for 12 years just down the road from me till he got kicked out a few weeks ago, I know his whole family, he now panhandles for money mostly outside Market Place Foods in Hayward.

Edited by XCR1250

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Stop in, I'll show you the rest of it, just not on here..twice was for open intoxicants, not drunk driving.

9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

In Wisconsin it's considered impaired to have even 1 drink while driving, he was caught 2 other times with open intoxicants..a worker at quik trip in Hayward saw him pop open a beer and turned him in the first time..which set it on a roll.

Rick lived in a Garden Shed for 12 years just down the road from me till he got kicked out a few weeks ago, I know his whole family, he now panhandles for money mostly outside Market Place Foods in Hayward.

That’s 100% bullshit

An open container is a traffic violation in Wisconsin. A conviction will result in a fine of up to $100 but no jail time. A person may be arrested for an open container violation but generally must be released (as opposed to being taken to jail) unless other circumstances exist that justify further detention.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

It's called "Impairment" 

And has to be proven by failure of a roadside test. It has nothing to do with the open container. Sorry Don , you’re wrong again and as usual

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

An open container is a traffic violation in Wisconsin. A conviction will result in a fine of up to $100 but no jail time. A person may be arrested for an open container violation but generally must be released (as opposed to being taken to jail) unless other circumstances exist that justify further detention.

See in Ricks case he had already been caught for it more than once..so: "unless other circumstances exist that justify further detention" it was the other stops that got him.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

See in Ricks case he had already been caught for it more than once..so: "unless other circumstances exist that justify further detention" it was the other stops that got him.

So he got charged with impaired driving even though he wasn’t impaired and you see no issue with that? 

I can tell you anyone who has money isn’t facing those charges 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

And has to be proven by failure of a roadside test. It has nothing to do with the open container. Sorry Don , you’re wrong again and as usual

You do not have to be drunk in Wisconsin..to be arrested, just drinking and driving will do it..

Just now, f7ben said:

So he got charged with impaired driving even though he wasn’t impaired and you see no issue with that? 

I can tell you anyone who has money isn’t facing those charges 

In Wisconsin you DO NOT have to be drunk to be considered impaired.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

In Wisconsin you DO NOT have to be drunk to be considered impaired.

You have to display impairment for fucks sakes. Simply having an open container will not get you a dui. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Wrong

www.owi-dui.com/.../WisconsinDrunkDrivingLaws.html

while impaired Wisconsin law does not just prohibit driving while drunk, but rather prohibits driving while impaired. Consequently, people can be arrested for driving without even a trace of alcohol in their blood.

Definitions

A driver is under the influence when his or her ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired. A person's ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired if he or she is less able to safely control the vehicle because of the consumption of alcohol or controlled substances. This means that if a police officer pulls you over and determines that you are impaired by alcohol and/or any other drug, you could be arrested and prosecuted, regardless of your BAC.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:
www.owi-dui.com/.../WisconsinDrunkDrivingLaws.html

while impaired Wisconsin law does not just prohibit driving while drunk, but rather prohibits driving while impaired. Consequently, people can be arrested for driving without even a trace of alcohol in their blood.

Yes.....you have to display impairment by failing a field sobriety test. You do not get a dui for having a fucking open container.