Check your account email address ×

Official ATV / UTV / OFFROAD thread

Sheriff: 40-Year-Old Man Seriously Injured In ATV Crash, Alcohol And Speed Contributing Factors

Syndicated Local – WCCO | CBS Minnesota  3 days ago

CBS Minnesota logoSheriff: 40-Year-Old Man Seriously Injured In ATV Crash, Alcohol And Speed Contributing Factors

image.png.04b937901c8140c0b0a945e8dc15ca95.png

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 40-year-old man is being treated for life threatening injuries after an ATV crash Saturday.

According to the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were dispatched at 11:55 p.m. to a residence in Pequaywan Township on the report of an ATV crash with injuries.

When they arrived, deputies located the man, who was unconscious and lying on the pavement with severe injuries.

An investigation determined the man left the area at a high rate of speed on the ATV and lost control. The ATV rolled and the man was ejected. Authorities believe speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the crash.

The man, a Two Harbors resident, is at a local Duluth hospital being treated for life threatening injuries.

The crash remains under investigation.

His name is Jason H., I've been riding wheelers with him since the late 90's.

He was on a ventilator for a while, he is eating on his own now.  He broke his face/cheek bone.  He was wasted drunk, no helmet.

48 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

no helmet shocker. 

We've never worn helmets on ATVs. It's the chance we've always taken. His injury would have been prevented if he'd been wearing one, but it's hard to drink and ride with a helmet on. 

6 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

We've never worn helmets on ATVs. It's the chance we've always taken. His injury would have been prevented if he'd been wearing one, but it's hard to drink and ride with a helmet on. 

Rookies have their drinks in their hands riding. Real drunks use Camelbaks...

Just now, Legend said:

Better than getting dirt in your beer. But usually use it for mixers. Beers at the bar to sober up.

Agree....I’m pretty much completely abstaining from Booz though 

On 8/25/2020 at 8:45 PM, Fireball 440 said:

I did 50 miles, got home and wired up the LED light, switch, relay. First time using the Bluetooth stereo in it also. Blasted 1980's mix the whole time.

Forgot to mention it, but on our SXS ride Tuesday we met 3 Ladies riding in a Brand new Honda 4 place they just picked up that day, it was won from The Make A Wish Foundation, a young girl with no Hair on her head was riding with the other 2 Ladies, she was the winning Honda recipient, we inquired all about the MAWF, it was really an Honor to meet this beautiful young Lady.

• Like 6

On 8/26/2020 at 4:54 PM, f7ben said:

They should ban faggot ass retard 4wheelers....they are gay as fuck and injure people constantly 

4 wheelers injure people? That’s news, in that case we better be careful of Yamaha Phazers, those things will drown your ass. :news:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I’ve been hearing plenty of people say that Poo sxs’s are Chinese garbage and a lot of people swear by Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki. Why are the Japs so much better than the domestic junk? Flame away.

Polaris is made in China?

13 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I’ve been hearing plenty of people say that Poo sxs’s are Chinese garbage and a lot of people swear by Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki. Why are the Japs so much better than the domestic junk? Flame away.

Honda and Kawasaki are made in the states.

16 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

From what I’ve read a lot of their parts are and their reliability is no where near the Japs. 

That may be true depending on how they are used and abused, I've never owned a Jap Wheeler but have worked on all brands, seems to me they all have some issues again depending on how they are used, I replaced many Honda rear wheel bearings and seen 2 blown Yamaha engines , lots of axles CV Joints on all brands, and prop shaft u-joints..broken shocks too.

12 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

That may be true depending on how they are used and abused, I've never owned a Jap Wheeler but have worked on all brands, seems to me they all have some issues again depending on how they are used, I replaced many Honda rear wheel bearings and seen 2 blown Yamaha engines , lots of axles CV Joints on all brands, and prop shaft u-joints..broken shocks too.

I don't mind fixing things that I break I just get pissed when stuff breaks for poor engineering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

From what I've read....

Great research.

Did I strike a nerve? Are you a Poo Fan Boi? Yes the general consensus is that the Jap products are much more reliable than the Poo junk.