Check your account email address ×

Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

2 minutes ago, Boered said:

Why don't you try calling a good move that saved jobs just that. No matter who did it. If we all cheered good things done by government and railed against bad things, no matter what party they are in, then we would all be better off. Watching you and the likes of MC act as though 1000 jobs being saved by a tax break is a bad thing is fucking sickening.

because I don't like how it was done and it will set precedence for other corporations. this is nothing more than a little pony show, in pence's backyard, designed to rally the imbeciles.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

the 7 million will go to the highest salaried employees at Carrier not the line workers you dunce.

I do not care where the 7 million goes, I do care about the 1000 families that get to keep a job and not have to struggle fighting to find work when they are amongst 1000 laid off at the same time. BTW your stupid response failed to rebut my claim the 7 million would be recovered by taxes paid by those that get to keep jobs and would be further saved by not having to ce benefits to all those laid off employees.pay out unemployment insurance. Care to respond moron?

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

What a fuckin idiot

they simply cannot understand that if a corporation provides 20% of the taxes needed to build or repair infrastructure, and gov suddenly decides to deduct it to 10%, that other tax payers will need to make up that lost money. or, as we're seeing now, the infrastructure starts to crumble. all the while the corporation is making money hand over fist and laughing all the way to the bank. it blows my mind. it's rww mentality and the corporations love it.

Edited by Snoslinger

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

because I don't like how it was done and it will set precedence for other corporations. this is nothing more than a little pony show, in pence's backyard, designed to rally the imbeciles.

is there an election coming up? Or, did we just have an election? Why the need to rally the imbeciles?

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

they simply cannot understand that if a corporation provides 20% of the taxes needed to build or repair infrastructure, and gov suddenly decides to deduct it to 10%, that other tax payers will go up to make up that lost money. or, as we're seeing now, the infrastructure starts to crumble. all the while the corporation is making money hand over fist and laughing all the way to the bank. it blows my mind. it's rww mentality and the corporations love it.

How much does a corporation that moved to mexico pay the United states in taxes?

• Platinum Contributing Member

So.  1000 jobs saved at $23 (23*40*52*1000=$47,840,000 still in the American economy) x around 30% effective tax rate (Don't forget the 15.3% fica) an hour is saving the tax coffers over $14.35 million a year and spend happy liberals don't like it.   Fucking wow.  How many times can you get a full return on your investment in about 1/2 a year.   Bravo Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence.   

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

they simply cannot understand that if a corporation provides 20% of the taxes needed to build or repair infrastructure, and gov suddenly decides to deduct it to 10%, that other tax payers will need to make up that lost money. or, as we're seeing now, the infrastructure starts to crumble. all the while the corporation is making money hand over fist and laughing all the way to the bank. it blows my mind. it's rww mentality and the corporations love it.

What happen to the tax moneys the govt takes from the 1000 employees that pay in from good paying jobs that would have otherwise left?

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

So there is no chance those companies invest and create more jobs.   They don't even have to create a ton of jobs to impact wages.   Wages go up tax revenue goes up.  Labor supply is low wages go up.  I swear you guys don't even understand the most rudimentary economics.  

Yes some inflation will result but that is not always a bad thing in a booming economy and somewhat expected.  

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Good god, just stfu you moron. Carrier was going to leave under the Obummer adm. because of burdensome taxation and regulation and Trump swoops in and takes action, the bleeding has to stop you moron. Trump has already accomplished more than douchebag Obummer has and he's not even president yet. Making America great is something your idol failed at miserably. :fuckyou:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

But not the 47%ers . you pathetic hack

7 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Good god, just stfu you moron. Carrier was going to leave under the Obummer adm. because of burdensome taxation and regulation and Trump swoops in and takes action, the bleeding has to stop you moron. Trump has already accomplished more than douchebag Obummer has and he's not even president yet. Making America great is something your idol failed at miserably. :fuckyou:

But the bleeding hasn't stopped.  Carrier is still taking 60% of the jobs to Mexico.  The trend is the same - a net loss to America.

4 hours ago, 02sled said:

The banks and the auto industry aren't comparable. For the auto industry it's all the spin off jobs. The likes of GM and Chrysler really only design and assemble the cars. If they failed they would impact greatly and / or cause massive job losses and / or cause the businesses to go under for

the companies that manufacture all the parts that go into the cars - axles windshields body panels - everything

the companies that supply the raw materials to those parts manufacturers

the transport companies that deliver the raw materials to the parts manufacturers and then the parts to the assembly plants which are just in time deliveries so very frequent

the transport companies that deliver the cars to the dealers

the dealerships themselves

and so many more.

That's my point. People should have been much more upset about the bank bailouts, but most of the complaints you seen on the internet was about the auto industry 

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

But the bleeding hasn't stopped.  Carrier is still taking 60% of the jobs to Mexico.  The trend is the same - a net loss to America.

So by your thinking saving 40% of those jobs was a waste of time ? :wtf:

Hopefully we see some tax, regulation, and liability policy that encourages the Carrier's of the world to favor US production.....cause these one-off deals aren't a reality for lots of reasons.  

But otherwise it was a nice gesture to kick-off the Trump admin.  Hillary or Obama would have found a reason to justify the job losses.  

1 minute ago, Ebsell said:

So by your thinking saving 40% of those jobs was a waste of time ? :wtf:

I'm not sure why you'd think that?

Like I said earlier, if this is the best Trump can do, even with the threat of yanking huge military contracts from Carrier, then the US is in trouble.  What leverage does he have over companies that don't do business with the military?  Saving 40% of these jobs is a "win", but the long term trend is the same.  Massive job losses.

7 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

What's Obummer's contribution to that problem? If Hillary were elected, 100% of those jobs would have been sent to Mexico.

Just now, snoughnut said:

What's Obummer's contribution to that problem? If Hillary were elected, 100% of those jobs would have been sent to Mexico.

Perhaps, but this is Trump's baby now and he is going to make America Great Again, one 60% corporate job loss at a time.

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Like I said earlier, if this is the best Trump can do, even with the threat of yanking huge military contracts from Carrier, then the US is in trouble.  What leverage does he have over companies that don't do business with the military?  Saving 40% of these jobs is a "win", but the long term trend is the same.  Massive job losses.

not even in office yet.   Whats your pal JT doing for us? 

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

So how come your boy Obama didn't save those 40% ?  It's a step in the right direction that Obama wasn't willing or was unable to take. Sounds like a win to me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Perhaps, but this is Trump's baby now and he is going to make America Great Again, one 60% corporate job loss at a time.

Again with your math. You criticize only saving 40% when Obama would have saved zero. If 10 people were drowning and a guy dove in and managed to save 4 would you criticize him to ?