Check your account email address ×

Minneapolis To Install Permanent Monument To George Floyd

7 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

It's about time we replaced Prince.

I drive by his house/crib/palace/warehouse/whorehouse/crackhouse/drughouse/park nearly daily, and it shocks me the amount of letters/pictures still attached to the fence, and the people waiting in line (with masks on) to idolize/patronize a drug addict who died from a Fentanyl OD. 

hey @Mainecat i thought you told the class that defunding was not a real thing just fox news talking points ? I thought they were just moving money to training and social workers ? you were pretty admit about those statements.  oops .

Screenshot_20200726-201247.jpg

8 hours ago, frenchy said:

only a small part of the book resonates with old pumper.....Shocker :lol: 

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Isn't it  funny how that works....runs in the family. 😂

Oh hai

13 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

They should put the pregnant woman he robbed right next to him ...& have him pointing a gun at her! 

:lol:

#clownworld

:owned:  Guy was a complete piece of shit.  No one talking about rates of criminality in general.  Cuz thats not polite.

11 hours ago, Anler said:

I can just see future generations now.

Mommy who is that guy?

He was a junkie who got killed by the cops and started a riot

Oh wow

Good point.  30 years from now, George Floyds usefulness will have been long forgotten.

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Isn't it  funny how that works....runs in the family. 😂

You got something to say Lippy McDipshit?

2 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

I drive by his house/crib/palace/warehouse/whorehouse/crackhouse/drughouse/park nearly daily, and it shocks me the amount of letters/pictures still attached to the fence, and the people waiting in line (with masks on) to idolize/patronize a drug addict who died from a Fentanyl OD. 

it was a great place to see live showes if you had a in 

• Gold Member
20 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Monuments to convicted Felon's? What next?

We have monuments to slave holders and murderers, how is this any different?

• Gold Member

This monument controversy illustrates  the ridiculousness of expecting those who contribute to the advancement of society to be without fault. George Floyd robbed a pregnant  woman at gunpoint  and no doubt committed  many other crimes in his life. Jefferson owned & banged his slaves. Most of our "founding fathers" were flawed men who would not measure up in today's world. 

I'm not saying the statues need to be torn down or not, I'm not saying George Floyd should or shouldn't  have a statue. I'm only saying that judging past generations by modern standards is to not really understand history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

This monument controversy illustrates  the ridiculousness of expecting those who contribute to the advancement of society to be without fault. George Floyd robbed a pregnant  woman at gunpoint  and no doubt committed  many other crimes in his life. Jefferson owned & banged his slaves. Most of our "founding fathers" were flawed men who would not measure up in today's world. 

I'm not saying the statues need to be torn down or not, I'm not saying George Floyd should or shouldn't  have a statue. I'm only saying that judging past generations by modern standards is to not really understand history.

Good post.  

21 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Difference is it was legal to have Slaves.

TJ and others like him considered blacks less than fully human. I can see reading about people like that in history books, but erecting monuments to them? That’s kinda fucked up these days. 

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

TJ and others like him considered blacks less than fully human. I can see reading about people like that in history books, but erecting monuments to them? That’s kinda fucked up these days. 

Those monuments were existing so should remain, perhaps with an info plaque as to what the men were and did in real life..but to erect a new monument for a known modern  Felon is crazy.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Those monuments were existing so should remain, perhaps with an info plaque as to what the men were and did in real life..but to erect a new monument for a known modern  Felon is crazy.

George Floyd paid his debt to society. Fine, extended supervision, jail time. The founding father never got shit for their crimes against humanity. In fact they got statues. That’s just fucked up on so many levels. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

George Floyd paid his debt to society. Fine, extended supervision, jail time. The founding father never got shit for their crimes against humanity. In fact they got statues. That’s just fucked up on so many levels. 

Not sure who you're bringing up from long time ago, however it wasn't illegal to have slaves back then.

Edited by XCR1250

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Floyd was a fucking punk.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Not sure who you're bringing up from long time ago, however it wasn't illegal to have slaves back then.

If legality is your criteria then the Confederate statues should be torn down because open rebellion to the federal government was most certainly illegal.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

:owned:  Guy was a complete piece of shit.  No one talking about rates of criminality in general.  Cuz thats not polite.

Good point.  30 years from now, George Floyds usefulness will have been long forgotten.

You got something to say Lippy McDipshit?

Ahhhh....back to the name calling I see. 

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

If legality is your criteria then the Confederate statues should be torn down because open rebellion to the federal government was most certainly illegal.

You can't legally destroy Government properties. You're not condoning that I hope.