Check your account email address ×

Canadian PM Trudeau Praises Dictator Castro as ‘Remarkable Leader’

jtssrx

Canadian PM Trudeau Praises Dictator Castro as ‘Remarkable Leader’

canada

Drew Angerer/Getty Images

by Nick Hallett26 Nov 20161872

Mr. Trudeau said that he learned of Castro’s death with “deep sorrow”, paying tribute to him as a “larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century”.

Video: Canada's Trudeau is welcomed to Cuba

“A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation,” the Canadian prime minister said.

Although acknowledging the dictator was a “controversial figure”, Mr. Trudeau added: “Both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for ‘el Comandante’.”

The Canadian prime minister’s words came as exiled Cubans took to the streets of Miami in celebration at the dictator’s death. MSNBC showed jubilant Cuban-Americans waving flags and cheering after learning of the death of a man they saw as an oppressor.

Mr. Trudeau went on to say that his father, who served as Canadian prime minister between 1968 and 1984, was “proud” to call one of America’s staunchest enemies a friend, adding: “I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away.

“It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother [current Cuban dictator] Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.”

He concludes: “On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.”

Since his election, Justin Trudeau has been trying to portray himself as being at the forefront of social liberalism, to the point of championing a bill to make the country’s national anthem gender neutral.

Castro’s Cuban regime was notorious for imprisoning dissenters, including homosexuals, journalists, and political opponents, and nearly brought nuclear war to the United States, one of Canada’s closest allies.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

You guys elected him :dunno:

Newf and iceman like minded people did....complete fucking morons....at least newf has an excuse......he was born a fucking retard newfie.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Dave said:

Newf and iceman like minded people did....complete fucking morons....at least newf has an excuse......he was born a fucking retard newfie.

Two peas in a dumb pod regardless.  Admiring the non accomplishments of our even dumber PM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The home runs the Babe hit were remarkable ...not him? dont be a fucking idiot

Hey , you want to put the pos up on a pedestal and gawk at his oppressive achievement all the while convincing yourself of your Spindry / Vince like above it all views of the world then have at it .  I see the shitbag as an opportunistic oppressor who was in the right place at the right time and only lasted as long as he did because Cuba was never any real threat to anyone but it's own people . Hardly remarkable .

:bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

I feel sorry that Canada is stuck with 'that guy'. Hopefully he's not around as long as our 8 year nightmare. :bc:

There is never a perfect leader and yeah , you have to take what you see and hear about them on the tele with a huge grain of salt but sweet mother of Christ , where did they come up with that faggy little imbecile ??   :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Hey , you want to put the pos up on a pedestal and gawk at his oppressive achievement all the while convincing yourself of your Spindry / Vince like above it all views of the world then have at it .  I see the shitbag as an opportunistic oppressor who was in the right place at the right time and only lasted as long as he did because Cuba was never any real threat to anyone but it's own people . Hardly remarkable .

:bc:

I never commented on his actions or him as a man ....simply that he led a remarkable life. Maybe you and the rest of the right wing nutjobs in here should familiarize youselves with the definition of the word remarkable :bigfinger:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I never commented on his actions or him as a man ....simply that he led a remarkable life. Maybe you and the rest of the right wing nutjobs in here should familiarize youselves with the definition of the word remarkable :bigfinger:

Well that's what I was commenting on and assumed that you were too you ultra leftwing fucking freak !!!    :finger::fuckyou::bigfinger:

7 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well that's what I was commenting on and assumed that you were too you ultra leftwing fucking freak !!!    :finger::fuckyou::bigfinger:

I simply said you'd have to be a fucking idiot to not think he was remarkable ....both the good and bad

1 hour ago, ckf said:

You guys elected him :dunno:

not this fucker!  eastern fucktards and maritimers did.  the fuckstick makes me sick. he should join his father and brother as soon as possible. btw, in our electoral system he got a majority govt with 40% of the vote.  think about that and try not to puke

• Like 1