Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

41 minutes ago, old indy said:

Nice a1967  112. i grew up on my gramps'  i loved that little green tractor.   what a pIA to work on tho.   its still mantaining a 3 acre property today having only ONE  engine rebuild to date. 

That one was all original until I grenaded the tranny in it popping wheelies.  Has a 110 tranny in it now, which has a different input shaft on it, so it is kind of sketchy right now.

Have the mower deck, snowblower, and leather JD seat cover for it too.  

Mostly used to pull the thatcher and drive around the yard drinking on.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Sweet pic John.

Thanks Steve :bc:    I was trying to do a different perspective than everyone else. I would have liked to have been lower, but I was flying from home and the leaves block the signal unless I'm around 400' AGL. 

BTW, I was chatting with my neighbor this weekend and he thinks he has little shack rented for the winter season. When I asked how much he said $2000 for the winter including lights and heat. I know it isn't much, but that sounds stupid cheap for the season?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I could see myself living there for sure.

I wanted to land somewhere around there come retirement. Then my step daughter had a baby. Now grandama wants to be within an hr of baby.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Great shot and what a beautiful area. 

Thanks Jim. We are fortunate to live here. I used to take living in New England for granted until I got back in to photography. We have beautiful mountains, crystal clear rivers and lakes, Atlantic ocean nearby, and tons of history.

13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I wanted to land somewhere around there come retirement. Then my step daughter had a baby. Now grandama wants to be within an hr of baby.

Maybe a small camp for grandpa to get away?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

Thanks Jim. We are fortunate to live here. I used to take living in New England for granted until I got back in to photography. We have beautiful mountains, crystal clear rivers and lakes, Atlantic ocean nearby, and tons of history.

Maybe a small camp for grandpa to get away?

If we land more then 2 hrs away, definatly. 

• Like 1

Another perspective of Lyndonville, VT. The college is in the back on the left. This is the closest "big town" to us that has a full size grocery store, drug stores and Dunkin Donuts  :lol:

October 06, 2019untitled-10-Pano.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Leaves just aren't popping this year. I think we are darn near peak.

Some of our warmer valleys look about like that. Have you had a hard freeze yet?

Here's what I think is my best photo of Lyndonville, VT last weekend. This one was a little further back and shows more of the town, including the church on the right. That's where I flew from. If you look closely you can see the white car in the parking lot in front of the church.

October 06, 2019untitled-25-HDR-Pano.jpg

• Like 2

These are pics I took a few years ago in the fall, obviously, but surprisingly this past weekend, with the cold lately and a fairly cool summer, the leaves that had turned were nothing like they are in these pics. 

IMG_1161 (Large).JPG

IMG_1176 (Large).JPG

IMG_1181 (Large).JPG

Edited by irv
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Some of our warmer valleys look about like that. Have you had a hard freeze yet?

Here's what I think is my best photo of Lyndonville, VT last weekend. This one was a little further back and shows more of the town, including the church on the right. That's where I flew from. If you look closely you can see the white car in the parking lot in front of the church.

October 06, 2019untitled-25-HDR-Pano.jpg

No hard freeze yet. We've had years similar to this year where some of the leaves on some of the trees never turn and drop right after the first freeze. Could be this weekend as we are expecting snow Friday-Saturday.

• Like 1

Great pictures guys.

We had a family of Trumpeter Swans stop by the house yesterday.  They interrupted my yard work.  After about 2 hours I went back out, fired up the lawn mower and chain saw and continued with my chores.  Didn't even seem to phase them.  They wondered off right before dusk.  These things are huge.  +5' wingspan and over 30lbs.  

Old iphone takes super shitty pictures.  I keep waiting for this thing to die but it just won't.  

71802537_10156268865181513_3395817275561

72134812_10156268864641513_9019505139202

I'm about 70' away here zoomed in to the max.

71696304_10156268864996513_8452177488825

72146452_10156268864476513_2651682541915

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Great pictures guys.

We had a family of Trumpeter Swans stop by the house yesterday.  They interrupted my yard work.  After about 2 hours I went back out, fired up the lawn mower and chain saw and continued with my chores.  Didn't even seem to phase them.  They wondered off right before dusk.  These things are huge.  +5' wingspan and over 30lbs.  

Old iphone takes super shitty pictures.  I keep waiting for this thing to die but it just won't.  

71802537_10156268865181513_3395817275561

72134812_10156268864641513_9019505139202

I'm about 70' away here zoomed in to the max.

71696304_10156268864996513_8452177488825

72146452_10156268864476513_2651682541915

Pretty sure those are Mute Swans. Trumpeters have black bills with no orange..

Cool pictures though. Love the mountains. :bc:

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

Pretty sure those are Mute Swans. Trumpeters have black bills with no orange..

Cool pictures though. Love the mountains. :bc:

Hmmm.  You could be right.  They sounded like Trumpeters.  In this video you can see the adults have all black beaks.

• Like 1

I took advantage of the weather and got the drone in the air at several locations today. No.....I didn't crash :bigfinger:

Most of the reds from the maples have already dropped, but it's still colorful.

October 09, 2019untitled-64-HDR.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hmmm.  You could be right.  They sounded like Trumpeters.  In this video you can see the adults have all black beaks.

OK,  I didn't realize that there were young ones by the pictures. And the darknes of the 4 in the foreground also make them look like Mute Swans.  Your right, they are trumpeters. :bc:

Edited by Big Crappie

Here's another one from today. It will be airing on WBZ in Boston, NECN, and ABC 22 in Burlington, VT tonight on the weather segments. It will also be on WTNH in CT tomorrow morning.

October 09, 2019untitled-25-HDR.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Here's another one from today. It will be airing on WBZ in Boston, NECN, and ABC 22 in Burlington, VT tonight on the weather segments. It will also be on WTNH in CT tomorrow morning.

October 09, 2019untitled-25-HDR.jpg

Wow...that is amazing.:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1