Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

Was it knee high by the 4th of July?  :lol:

Lol. This stuff is my second planting and yes it was. I'm pleasantly surprised by how it's doing considering our drought. I think we've gotten around 1.5" of rain since mid may. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Lol. This stuff is my second planting and yes it was. I'm pleasantly surprised by how it's doing considering our drought. I think we've gotten around 1.5" of rain since mid may. 

The corn that I saw around here on the 4th was no where near knee high unless it was a dwarf. We've had the rain along with a lot of cloudy weather. My little veggie garden in the greenhouse is way behind. The tomatoes are growing sloooowly compared to previous years.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Credit to Zach Harig on Facebook.

My uncle sent me this photo yesterday from his crane south of Detroit overlooking the Detroit River into Canada. 🌥️

What a shot! 📸

IMG_1571.thumb.jpeg.9f3f536ff37520f459091e4897b9cd4b.jpeg

• Like 7

CLASSIC PHOTO - ZZ TOP PLAYS A SENIOR PROM BACK IN 1970

Dusty Hill, Frank Beard, and Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) playing the Senior Prom in May, 1970 at Little Cypress-Mauriceville High School in Orange, Texas.

IMG_1577.thumb.jpeg.7534eec6a802f02e1faeda7df0f99b57.jpeg

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

CLASSIC PHOTO - ZZ TOP PLAYS A SENIOR PROM BACK IN 1970

Dusty Hill, Frank Beard, and Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) playing the Senior Prom in May, 1970 at Little Cypress-Mauriceville High School in Orange, Texas.

IMG_1577.thumb.jpeg.7534eec6a802f02e1faeda7df0f99b57.jpeg

A guy I used to work with used to ride motocross back in the Bob Hannah days has a picture when he  ran into them at a diner. I think it was Texas.

• Like 1

Groucho Marx suffered from severe insomnia.
When he couldn’t sleep, Groucho would call his Beverly Hills neighbor, Alice Cooper, and ask him to come over and join him.
Alice would bring over a six-pack of beer and Groucho and he would drink beer and watch old movies on TV until Groucho nodded off.

Submitted by WH pal, Eric Soto.

21554AD5-F88C-4885-B580-EA2FBC6E5E00.thumb.jpeg.b8e52f0be66659ae98cad3e2562ceda5.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/16/2023 at 12:29 PM, ckf said:

The corn that I saw around here on the 4th was no where near knee high unless it was a dwarf. We've had the rain along with a lot of cloudy weather. My little veggie garden in the greenhouse is way behind. The tomatoes are growing sloooowly compared to previous years.

Mine stood still for the first 6 weeks they were planted. Been growing bigly last few weeks, and flowering up good now too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Groucho Marx suffered from severe insomnia.
When he couldn’t sleep, Groucho would call his Beverly Hills neighbor, Alice Cooper, and ask him to come over and join him.
Alice would bring over a six-pack of beer and Groucho and he would drink beer and watch old movies on TV until Groucho nodded off.

Submitted by WH pal, Eric Soto.

21554AD5-F88C-4885-B580-EA2FBC6E5E00.thumb.jpeg.b8e52f0be66659ae98cad3e2562ceda5.jpeg

That Alice guy , he didnt own a restaurant by any chance , did he ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

That Alice guy , he didnt own a restaurant by any chance , did he ?

I'll bet Snacks has "twenty seven eight-by-ten
colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back
of each one" that he is just waiting to show us.

Three aircraft carriers at Hunters Point Naval Shipyard in August of 1971. In the foreground - in dry dock - is the USS Ranger (CVA-61). Behind her is the USS Hancock (CVA-19) and to the right, the USS Coral Sea (CVA-43). Each of these ships had a crew of over 3000 officers and enlisted.

IMG_1588.thumb.jpeg.361244fb70d822a86d4e34b1a2f10791.jpeg

• Like 6